Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It almost certainly is double-sided tape. Looks like it did on my 3P in that regard, and never have a problem there.
My M3P’s spoiler was installed by the service center a few weeks after the car was built, and it took several tries to get it right. I certainly hope the factory-installed spoiler on the Plaid will be more successful.

My concern is with PPF though.. does the spoiler absolutely need to be removed first before applying PPF, or can it be tucked around/under the spoiler?

My M3P’s spoiler was installed by the service center a few weeks after the car was built, and it took several tries to get it right. I certainly hope the factory-installed spoiler on the Plaid will be more successful.

My concern is with PPF though.. does the spoiler absolutely need to be removed first before applying PPF, or can it be tucked around/under the spoiler?

My 3P came with it attached (one of the first to do so in 2019), and was perfect until trade in last week.

Reactions: jebinc
+1 on this. Have the same issue so if they can fix it, will add to list of items as well.
On the 'me too' bus. MSLR VIN *433
That right passenger door issue was also on my list when I dropped it off for service on 7/28. Not sure when I'm getting it back as they're waiting for a part for the misaligned back trunk that is supposed to arrive from Tesla tomorrow. Will update when I get her back.

And another one! Just noticed my door handles buzz when in the extended position (presenting). That’s…a weird one. All 4 of them buzz. You probably wouldn’t notice outside. But in a quiet garage you can easily notice/hear them. Weird!

Hi all, just moved from the Ms Refresh delivery page after months of stress and comms with my SA. She has <100 mi and is currently in @ Templar Wraps in OC CA for tint, PPF & ceramic ahead of our trip this weekend to Lake Havasu. Almost couldn’t find anything to set my fit & finish appt for but found a paint blemish/scratch on driver side mirror cap, a weird bubble on yoke & a slice in the interior console compartment fabric.

Entertainment System Question:
I’ll be trying to pair PS4 controllers via MAYFLASH Bluetooth Adapters when i get her back, but so far i haven’t seen any way for games to be played on the rear screen. What good is a zillion gigaflops if kids can’t play games in the back!??

Thanks @DogStar1

Here is the area in question. Outer skin wasn't folded over
+ 1 on the using childrens scissors for cutting door skins... Not sure what to do with this one. From outside, everything looks great. when door open, run finger under panel.. 🤮

Attachments

• door_skin_ms.png
    door_skin_ms.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 206
  • Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
Could you explain #177?

I have same problem with theatre. They told me last night I needed to schedule mobile service to fix.

Update: SC said they can’t diagnose in field. I have to take day off from work and then said they sent a firmware update. I thought order and delivery was bad. It just continues with service I guess.

Last edited:
Well it has been 3 weeks and the mobile tech came by yesterday to address my long list of concerns. He arrived only to inform me he could only look at one issue and the rest would have to wait another 2 weeks (5 weeks after purchase) to be addressed. After 5 minutes he discovered a broken wire to my turn signal, say he cannot fix it and then leaves. I am beyond frustrated and I have a really hard time recommending getting the Model S until they resolve some of these significant quality issues.
Here is my current list of open items (none of which have been addressed since July 25 delivery):
- Turn signal error due to Broken wire (One of my turn signals does not light up). I do not know how they can deliver me a car that would not pass a safety inspection.
- 3 scratches on the paint
- Passenger door not closing. I had to make an adjustment myself as my children could not get the door to close. Now Tesla is saying they will charge me labor as I did the adjustment even though they could not get me into the shop for 4 weeks!
- Seat has something loose inside and makes noise every time I sit or move
- steering wheel rubs when you turn
- scuff on center phone charger that cannot be removed
- windshield has watermarks that I have been unable to remove even after applying polishing products

I loved my old model S and am pretty understanding of the Tesla experience as I have worked within it for 5 years but this is an entirely new level of frustration and disregard for their customers.

If I did it all over again I would have held on to my 2016 Model S for another 12 months to give them time to work out all the issues. I guess my bad as I should have listened to Elon who said he would not buy a car during initial ramp up!

Dave

Last edited:
Reactions: Filter
Hi all, just moved from the Ms Refresh delivery page after months of stress and comms with my SA. She has <100 mi and is currently in @ Templar Wraps in OC CA for tint, PPF & ceramic ahead of our trip this weekend to Lake Havasu. Almost couldn’t find anything to set my fit & finish appt for but found a paint blemish/scratch on driver side mirror cap, a weird bubble on yoke & a slice in the interior console compartment fabric.

Entertainment System Question:
I’ll be trying to pair PS4 controllers via MAYFLASH Bluetooth Adapters when i get her back, but so far i haven’t seen any way for games to be played on the rear screen. What good is a zillion gigaflops if kids can’t play games in the back!??
Right. The only thing worse is they show games playing in the back as part of their promotional videos!

Reactions: MX16MS16MS21
Well it has been 3 weeks and the mobile tech came by yesterday to address my long list of concerns. He arrived only to inform me he could only look at one issue and the rest would have to wait another 2 weeks (5 weeks after purchase) to be addressed. After 5 minutes he discovered a broken wire to my turn signal, say he cannot fix it and then leaves. I am beyond frustrated and I have a really hard time recommending getting the Model S until they resolve some of these significant quality issues.
Here is my current list of open items (none of which have been addressed since July 25 delivery):
- Turn signal error due to Broken wire (One of my turn signals does not light up). I do not know how they can deliver me a car that would not pass a safety inspection.
- 3 scratches on the paint
- Passenger door not closing. I had to make an adjustment myself as my children could not get the door to close. Now Tesla is saying they will charge me labor as I did the adjustment even though they could not get me into the shop for 4 weeks!
- Seat has something loose inside and makes noise every time I sit or move
- steering wheel rubs when you turn
- scuff on center phone charger that cannot be removed
- windshield has watermarks that I have been unable to remove even after applying polishing products

I loved my old model S and am pretty understanding of the Tesla experience as I have worked within it for 5 years but this is an entirely new level of frustration and disregard for their customers.

If I did it all over again I would have held on to my 2016 Model S for another 12 months to give them time to work out all the issues. I guess my bad as I should have listened to Elon who said he would not buy a car during initial ramp up!

Dave
VIN? 43?