Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update failure list since delivery... Red are still pending...

• NEW! screens do not boot up for several seconds after sitting in car to drive. (No action yet. Tried rebooting.)
Yep, this is my issue too on my Sep 2nd delivered MS LR. Ver 2021.32.22 software. Random, not every time. Both driver profiles. Hasn't happened in last few days after rebooting. Only did a "bug report" notification. Waiting to see if happens again.

I had the charging/charging complete notifications working on my iPhone from day one. A couple days ago I noticed they had stopped. Then last night I plugged in when I got home and later noticed that I am receiving them again. Weird because neither the app or car had a software update during that period.
Also I have had my Sirius disappear for a day and then come back the next day.
Today I am installing new software so who knows what might appear or disappear. Always interesting.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and impastu
Found a new bug in my MSLR.

When you have your HomeLink programmed to open a door at a certain distance, it automatically comes on correctly, however
the "cancel" icon to abort the open does not work. it's greyed out. Furthermore even if the cancel icon did work, it's REALLY
small and hard to hit on the first try. The implementation for the HomeLink icons in my MYP is MUCH better.....

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    IMG_0304.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 73
I took it in last Friday and obviously wasn't making the sound when doing test drive... :rolleyes: ... but they did take a look, and said a couple of the bolts ing suspension where "below spec for torque"... :rolleyes: ...so they tightened up and marked for next time. I got home and Sunday I started hearing again. Its not super bad - especially when radio is on ;) - so I'm on fence as to whether to take back in to see if things moved any as it did take up my entire morning.
Follow-up on this. Took my car for service today, they were able to find the issue.

Per my invoice: “Found noise to be coming from hood adjustment screw contacting hinge. Adjusted screw and test drove to confirm noise is no longer present.”

So pretty minor issue. Can confirm that I am no longer hearing the noise…for now.

Follow-up on this. Took my car for service today, they were able to find the issue.

Per my invoice: “Found noise to be coming from hood adjustment screw contacting hinge. Adjusted screw and test drove to confirm noise is no longer present.”

So pretty minor issue. Can confirm that I am no longer hearing the noise…for now.
@VM0412 Yep, I had the same noise and self-determined this to be the exact problem. Easy fix, and that was well over a month ago. Never returned.

Reactions: VM0412 and impastu
Suggestion: can somebody compile an aggregate list of issues with reported incidence thereof, so future owners don’t have to mosey through 100+ pages to see the potential issues?

Also including dates issues were reported would be helpful (can see which issues are no longer occurring)

TLDR; yeah I’m being lazy but somebody gimme a Cliffs Notes? Kthxbie 🤣

Suggestion: can somebody compile an aggregate list of issues with reported incidence thereof, so future owners don’t have to mosey through 100+ pages to see the potential issues?

Also including dates issues were reported would be helpful (can see which issues are no longer occurring)

TLDR; yeah I’m being lazy but somebody gimme a Cliffs Notes? Kthxbie 🤣
Try this...

Found a new bug in my MSLR.

When you have your HomeLink programmed to open a door at a certain distance, it automatically comes on correctly, however
the "cancel" icon to abort the open does not work. it's greyed out. Furthermore even if the cancel icon did work, it's REALLY
small and hard to hit on the first try. The implementation for the HomeLink icons in my MYP is MUCH better.....
I ran into the same thing when I first go the car. This is not so much bad SW as it is crappy UI. The tiny "cancel" is not a target/button, it is just telling you what the button is doing, since they did not code different icons of looks for the button for the different modes. If you want to cancel the auto-open, tap the larger grey box when it pops up.

I ran into the same thing when I first go the car. This is not so much bad SW as it is crappy UI. The tiny "cancel" is not a target/button, it is just telling you what the button is doing, since they did not code different icons of looks for the button for the different modes. If you want to cancel the auto-open, tap the larger grey box when it pops up.
I still think there should be an selectable option for larger fonts/icons - for the age impaired....

Update failure list since delivery... Red are still pending...

• Hood out of alignment. (Fixed this myself)
  • Rubber seal hanging down behind front grill (Still dealing with this!!! Part on Order, I may just rip it out since it interferes with the closing of the cooling flaps inside the front grill.)
  • All safety features disabled and cannot reset to get rid of the warnings. (Fixed with alignment issue at SC)
  • Front end is out of alignment and car pulls to the left. (Fixed at SC)
  • Right passenger window seal not installed properly (Fixed this myself).
  • Yoke rubber cover coming loose on corner. (Yoke replaced at SC)
  • Yoke airbag cover has weird worm line going through it. (New yoke has this also. This was explained to me as a break point for the air bag to deploy)
  • Key card looks like it was melted and needs replaced. (Replaced at SC)
  • Rear license plate frame dented and bent. (Still an issue!)
  • NEW! small tear in passenger side door panel (Part on order for 2 months now!)
  • Side window seals not installed properly (Fixed it myself)
  • Paint chipping on rear quarter panels from front tires throwing rocks. (PPF and mud flaps installed early to prevent this issue)
  • NEW! screens do not boot up for several seconds after sitting in car to drive. (No action yet. Tried rebooting.)
  • Sirius XM tested and sound quality seriously sucks. (Cancelled free subscription.)
  • More to come!
Curious as to where you ordered your mud flaps from?

Reactions: bhzmark and impastu
Has anyone experienced this occasional popping sound - normally when accelerating / decelerating? iCloud

Taking in for service tomorrow, but wondering if anyone else has had similar issue.

I just started hearing these popping sounds as you’ve described at slow speeds. I’m on a long road trip and just started hearing it. Didn’t prior to this. Going to take it in for service when I get back. Could you explain what they did to stop the popping noise. Was it the suspension bolts or the hood adjustment or are you still hearing it. Starting to really bug me and want to get it fixed. Appreciate your assistance.

Reactions: impastu
I just started hearing these popping sounds as you’ve described at slow speeds. I’m on a long road trip and just started hearing it. Didn’t prior to this. Going to take it in for service when I get back. Could you explain what they did to stop the popping noise. Was it the suspension bolts or the hood adjustment or are you still hearing it. Starting to really bug me and want to get it fixed. Appreciate your assistance.
They really didn't have answer when I took it in, but it wasn't doing it when I took it in. They said there was a bolt "under spec" which they tightened and marked the bolt alignment, but they didn't think that would have caused issue. I started hearing again shortly after, and I just haven't wanted to go back and burn another morning.

If you do take it in and they find a fix, please let me know because its pretty annoying when its active :(

Awesome!! Glad you got yours resolved!! Maybe I'll see if I can't tweak on my own to avoid another service appointment... 🤔. Regardless, glad there's something specific to check.

Reactions: VM0412 and impastu
Why is it that the Tesla implementation of driver profiles is half baked? I mean if I drive the car last, wife comes out to drive the
car with her phone, should the car not recognize it's her automatically and switch the profile and adjust the seats/mirrors
to her settings? Both my MYP and MSLR don't have this yet every other car I've owned over the past decade has this feature?

Am I missing a setting to turn this on?