Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why don't we have autopark yet on the Refresh S? I've had the car 3 months. They have autopark on other brands like Toyota that is far less expensive than $100K+ for an S. Why is this so difficult to implement?
It's not a priority as Elon doesn't park his own car. No ANC because he is always talking and never listens.

Why don’t we have ANC as well?
And let's not forget it was in writing on the website when we ordered the cars that the screen tilted as well. They removed it on the website before delivery. But they did not remove ANC or Autopark. You would think they would want to at least deliver on those features considering FSD Beta is not happening fleet wide as promised last June, and we are now subjected to being scored unreasonably (If you live in a city like LA). It's really kind of messy. First Tesla, might be last.

It’s really disgusting they are allowed to advertise these features and not deliver them to paying customers.

What good is it if they figure out how to enable them after I no longer own the vehicle? How long are we expected to wait?

If FSD is any indicator, it’s not looking good.

I would never trust Tesla, ever, on fixing software related items. See FSD, auto wipers, auto high beams, the UI, etc

I would never trust Tesla, ever, on fixing software related items. See FSD, auto wipers, auto high beams, the UI, etc
At some point I would think a regulatory agency is going to need to slap their hand for this type of BS.

If the vehicle doesn’t ship with features that were promised, they need to compensate owners regardless of whether it is delivered “down the road”.

Reactions: Tigers
It's not a priority as Elon doesn't park his own car. No ANC because he is always talking and never listens.
So, you want the car to park itself because, uh, it's hard for you? I learned to park about sixty years ago. It wasn't hard then, and it isn't hard now. I wouldn't buy auto park. Of course, some people have physical issues. I apologize if that's the problem.

Most folks would do better to learn to park now so in the future, just in case they MIGHT be driving a car without auto park, folks wouldn't look at the job they did of parking and make snide remarks. I watched a female teen back her folks Model S into a charging spot and do it perfectly, and it made me proud to watch her do it. Some day her space skimmer will be ready to take off at any time because she brought it into the launch pad in reverse and parked it just right.

I wouldn't use auto park, wouldn't pay for it, and I feel sorry for folks who can't do without it.

Yes, definitely would like to see before and afters. I am also very curious as if they have a solution to the yoke worm. My guess is that every yoke has this, but maybe to varying degrees. As I have said in another thread, I definitely have the worm on my 2018 75D, and did not notice, nor look for it, until I heard the reports here. Photo below (forgive the dirt).

View attachment 715791

Crap...you made me look. I have a worm in my 15....

Reactions: impastu
So, you want the car to park itself because, uh, it's hard for you? I learned to park about sixty years ago. It wasn't hard then, and it isn't hard now. I wouldn't buy auto park. Of course, some people have physical issues. I apologize if that's the problem.

Most folks would do better to learn to park now so in the future, just in case they MIGHT be driving a car without auto park, folks wouldn't look at the job they did of parking and make snide remarks. I watched a female teen back her folks Model S into a charging spot and do it perfectly, and it made me proud to watch her do it. Some day her space skimmer will be ready to take off at any time because she brought it into the launch pad in reverse and parked it just right.

I wouldn't use auto park, wouldn't pay for it, and I feel sorry for folks who can't do without it.
It's not about Autopark, it is about Tesla's and Elon's habit of promising things and never delivering on them. As an example, I'm still waiting for the ability to store music in my car and mobile hotspot capability through the car's cellular connection. Elon promised these things to my face in 2011. Oh, I was also promised lighted sun visors in my Model S. Later models had/have them but they never went back and retrofit my 2012, even though they specifically said they would do that. There are many, many of these kinds of things. I can't wait until FSD is finally a reality (in 10 years) and people who paid for FSD with AP 2.5 or 3.0 hardware tries to get their free upgrade to FSD. Tesla will give them the best they can on that hardware and call it FSD, even if it can't drive door to door by itself. The howling that will ensue on this site will be legendary.

You could try to sue them, but the best thing to do is vote with your wallet (oh, and don't buy FSD). Granted, non-Tesla options are thin at the moment. But that will change.

The BMS will balance the pack as needed. High SoC is not needed.

Low SoC for a long time might affect BMS calibration, that is a different thing.

For ALL batteries, the shallower the DoD the more cycles you can run. The benefits are very non linear.

A plugged in car will manage this quite nicely.
At least on the 1st Gen MS, the BMS could only balance at 80% or higher. This is because the cell's voltage is very flat across a wide range of SOC in the middle of the range and the BMS cannot tell the difference between, say, 30% and 70%. So you would need to occasionally charge above 80% to let the BMS balance.

I haven't followed BMS developments over the last few years, but I would only trust @wk057 on this.

If I get my car 5 months after ordering it as is currently estimated and ANC still isn't implemented I am gonna be pissed. I sold my 3 and am upgrading to the S and this feature is 40% of why I am doing that - a smooth and quiet ride on the highway. Many software features available on older cars still are nowhere to be seen on S. Not to mention the gaming system with a PS5 worth of power that's still advertising The Witcher 3 front and center when, in reality, the most demanding game you can play in it is f'ing Fallout Shelter. Really?

If Tesla was at least a little bit professional and communicated on these issues I bet a lot of us would let it go. There is no excuse for explicitly mentioning a feature on the product page but it not being available for half a year with 0 communication about that fact. There is no "active noise cancellation coming fall 2021" or any sort of disclaimer like that anywhere. There is no "Tesla Game Store with select AAA titles coming early 2022" anywhere. People paid $130k+ for this car and have had it in their garage for months and it's still missing DLC. We can't just return the car after we get it like we can with software.

This car is like when a game developer releases an unfinished and broken game on launch only to later on patch it to make it what it should have been on day 1. Showing off Cyberpunk 2077 being playable in this car was truly poetic. Sure, the game (car) is still good and can be enjoyed for what it is, but it's not what it was supposed to be. It's not what it was PROMISED and ADVERTISED to be.

How can a company produce such an amazing product and also exude such incompetence at the same time?

With your logic you must be driving a Model T with a crank starter using hand signals for turning. It builds character not to have heating in the winter, let alone power steering.

At least on the 1st Gen MS, the BMS could only balance at 80% or higher. This is because the cell's voltage is very flat across a wide range of SOC in the middle of the range and the BMS cannot tell the difference between, say, 30% and 70%. So you would need to occasionally charge above 80% to let the BMS balance.

I haven't followed BMS developments over the last few years, but I would only trust @wk057 on this.

Correct on the first gen.

Later firmware updates changed this. As I stated, months and months at 57%, and with the 2019 and later updates, no problems.

Correct also, on wk057. That is where I am getting my info from.