Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S and Model S Plaid Refresh Issues Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had clients at my house at 8:00pm to last night to make this work. It’s not the issues it’s the constant broken promises. When I promise something it’s done. No excuses.
Well I guess I put my foot in my mouth on this one. Woke up and found a screw in my tire and don’t dare drive that far. So this as all for naught. Tesla ownership sure can be painful.
My 2019 3 performance had a laundry list of no so perfect items.
Fix or tape or do whatever you have to do, eventually Tesla makes it right.
I will tell you with almost certainly everyone that’s got a new Tesla has had something.
My 2019 has been absolutely without question the best car I have ever owned.
Remember the little things wrong with it makes it your car!
It’s Tesla’s way of making personalized vehicles !!!!
Best of luck.

My 2019 3 performance had a laundry list of no so perfect items.
Fix or tape or do whatever you have to do, eventually Tesla makes it right.
I will tell you with almost certainly everyone that’s got a new Tesla has had something.
My 2019 has been absolutely without question the best car I have ever owned.
Remember the little things wrong with it makes it your car!
It’s Tesla’s way of making personalized vehicles !!!!
Best of luck.
I can’t dispute that.

Reactions: impastu
I noticed my Bluetooth is a bit laggy. If I watch a video on YouTube, the audio lags 1-2 seconds behind the video. I tested this out on my Model Y and I don’t have this issue.
Anyone else have this problem?
I'd definitely recommend using the YouTube app in the car over your phone. This is fairly typical for streaming from one device to another, annoyingly.

Reactions: Sbaimo
My yoke started peeling in the same place. Has anyone actually had their steering wheel replaced to fix this?
I think someone here did post they got a new yoke steering, uh, rectangle.

Mine is in the shop to get trunk realigned, maybe hood (frunk), passenger front door fix from not shutting without pulling a muscle, etc. etc. and one of them is the yoke, so I’ll see what they do. Also hopefully they will provide the trunk shelf and privacy trunk shelf too. I’ll let you all know how I make out.

Has anyone experienced an issue where almost every time you do a slow hard(turn yoke fully) turn in reverse it feels and hear a clunk(like you ran over a decent sized rock) once?

I dread making another service appointment, but this seems like something I better get checked out soon.
Researching if it's an issue others have had so I help point the SC in the right direction...

Has anyone experienced an issue where almost every time you do a slow hard(turn yoke fully) turn in reverse it feels and hear a clunk(like you ran over a decent sized rock) once?

I dread making another service appointment, but this seems like something I better get checked out soon.
Researching if it's an issue others have had so I help point the SC in the right direction...
Slow, as in, reversing slowly and turning slowly or turning slowly and reversing kinda quick?

I thought I read that noise it was due to the size of tires but not sure. Also, they may have indicated it gets worse the colder it gets. Over the summer I parked my car on a driveway with #2 stone. The stone would stick to tires after pulling in from long drive. Ended up pulling forward a bit and knocking them off each tire.

Something like this?

I already have dust particles on the instrument clusters screen. Like behind the plastic that covers the screen. There’s dust laying on the screen that I can’t wipe off.
Suspect they're all this way. I only notice them when direct sun hits that driver's screen. Since I live in Seattle I won't see the dust particles for the next 6+ months. 😂

Mine is already starting to show it's age (< two months in)....

Recently, I had a door handle fail, rubber door gaskets coming loose, vibration in the pedal and yoke (especially when cold, between 42-48mph).
After reading this (and the rest of the thread, really) I'm getting cold feet. Very cold. Damn near frost bite.

Seriously thinking about canceling my Plaid order and just enjoying my (so far flawless) Model 3 Performance until CyberTruck arrives.

Just too many small issues, including ones that pop up after you've had the car for a bit. It's making me too nervous to shell out that kinda cash.

Thinking seriously about watching from the sidelines for another year or so...