Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they’ll swap for free. I’m thinking along the same lines. I usually go the mountains or Berkshires in October and don’t want to get caught in a freak snowstorm with summer tires still on.
Hi. I’m picking mine up in MA in a week or so. Already asked for pre inspection by them to swap out summers if they’re on. Not sure if that note will be actually noted. I too would have got the 21’s if my SA wasn‘t adamant at the time 19’s were all season. Getting summer 19’s would f up my plans to get summer 21’s down the road etc…
How can you easily identify the 19 summers? Some folks say the pirelli echo is special for the car and some SC’s will dig in they’re all seasons. I know the all seasons should or could have the m+s for mud and snow. How did you know your tires were summer? Thanks 🙏

Reactions: Bleedblue82
Hi. I’m picking mine up in MA in a week or so. Already asked for pre inspection by them to swap out summers if they’re on. Not sure if that note will be actually noted. I too would have got the 21’s if my SA wasn‘t adamant at the time 19’s were all season. Getting summer 19’s would f up my plans to get summer 21’s down the road etc…
How can you easily identify the 19 summers? Some folks say the pirelli echo is special for the car and some SC’s will dig in they’re all seasons. I know the all seasons should or could have the m+s for mud and snow. How did you know your tires were summer? Thanks 🙏
See post 66,155.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja and scrapps
Picked up my S LR today! Everything is great, except they put summer Pirelli’s on my 19s and I live in MA. Service Center can swap them for All Seasons, but maybe I should just ask them for a discount on some winter tires? Thoughts?
Which all seasons? Did they charge you for the tires? My SC said they would put on tires that I buy and have delivered to them, but they don't want my summer Pirellis at all. They didn't offer to swap them. My car is being delivered in NY in December and it be well below 45 degrees. I don't really want summer tires at all. Good AS tires are fine, though.

Picked up my S LR today! Everything is great, except they put summer Pirelli’s on my 19s and I live in MA. Service Center can swap them for All Seasons, but maybe I should just ask them for a discount on some winter tires? Thoughts?
How many days of snow do you get? Winter tires used to be a good idea 40 years in Michigan or Iowa. There is the thingy call climate change and so far that is moving in the direction of less winter for the USA. You have all wheel drive. As you might guess, I would take All Seasons -- they will have longer wear also.

Just musing here:

1. Speaker performance in all but the most recent software version (2021.35.5) is not great. With that version, it appears to be noticeably and meaningfully better, e.g. you can tell a subwoofer exists.
2. Cars generally arrive with older software, and take weeks to get on the update train.
3. Suppose you complain about speaker performance (and missing tri-zone climate, etc.) when taking delivery, and ask for the latest software to please fix.

What are the odds that SAs will oblige, under the circumstances?

xiexie pengyou !
mgoy (Cantonese)

Reactions: MEL-22
  • Love
Reactions: Btrflyl8e and Pdubs
Welp, my date slipped a quarter: Sep 15-30 --> Dec 16-Jan 5.

Either it's a blip or my "should I wait for 2022 or not?" decision has been made for me. :)
For an August order, that is about the right timeline. I think when they gave all of the Q3 delivery ranges for the black and cream interiors, it was with the idea that they were unable to procure white interiors. Now, that is no longer an issue. And so they are slotting earlier (than you) orders back into the queue and building them. That is what the reshuffle seems like.

To everyone getting pushed, it seems like a slap to the face. Reality is, they got the necessary parts and reordering by RN + order date + logistics.