Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the mega checklist everyone here has been using.

And no I haven’t heard about when the trunk pieces would be delivered. I put in a service request & will report back if I hear anything.
Thank you. I just never saw the checklist even though I looked for it. I appreciate it. I hope you get your pieces soon.

Reactions: baldwin
White/Black 19 No FSD. I’m located in Portland.
I was getting pretty excited with our EDD staying at 9/24-9/30 for so long. Who knows what's going to happen? It's funny that this guy can launch a rocket, have the rocket fall back to earth and land on a driverless barge in the middle of the ocean but can't tell us when a car is scheduled to be delivered.

I was getting pretty excited with our EDD staying at 9/24-9/30 for so long. Who knows what's going to happen? It's funny that this guy can launch a rocket, have the rocket fall back to earth and land on a driverless barge in the middle of the ocean but can't tell us when a car is scheduled to be delivered.

I too was quite excited. I own a business in the automotive industry and I can 100% understand the lack of certainty. I am in a similar not with my customers/wholesale clients. Because of all the shortages and supply chain issues I can tell them things are coming but I have no idea about specifics until it is actually in route. Now imagine taht compounded by every component on the car 😬

Reactions: cwanja and scrapps
I find it so odd, that I have not seen one Model S LR review. I understand people love the Plaid and that is the hot car, but their are plenty of people that love the LR too or at looking at getting one. Should be more LR reviews out in the wild and I am not sure I have seen one.

Coming from a BMW 5 it would be great to see one of those reviews, how the infotainment system works, favorite stations, etc. I think BMW has the best/easiest infotainment systems, as I never have to look at the console to change stations/favorites, just use the wheel or just use HUD to control.

I have read the manual back and forth on the 2021 Model S, but really does not get into great deal of how easy it is to setup favorites from SiriusXM, FM, etc… and get to them or what album art looks like, etc.

I find it so odd, that I have not seen one Model S LR review. I understand people love the Plaid and that is the hot car, but their are plenty of people that love the LR too or at looking at getting one. Should be more LR reviews out in the wild and I am not sure I have seen one.

Coming from a BMW 5 it would be great to see one of those reviews, how the infotainment system works, favorite stations, etc. I think BMW has the best/easiest infotainment systems, as I never have to look at the console to change stations/favorites, just use the wheel or just use HUD to control.
They're out there. I've seen a few on YouTube. Also, Plaid reviews are basically LR reviews, with the exception of the obligatory "reaction shots" sections. Just temper those down a bit ("merely 3.1 seconds slow"), and the review holds.

I was in a 5 series before it was totaled and bought my current M3 -- and I'm going for the LR as well, so I hear you and agree. :)

Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.

I know I will sound like a fanboy saying this however, the supply chain issues are not improving across all industries and the choice is hold everything until you get everything or ship partial and complete later. I think it is the right choice to get the cars out missing a few drop in trim pieces. It is definitely the better alternative to stopping all deliveries because they do have trunk shelves !
I agree regarding a couple items such as a trunk lid cover, etc; but I want to clearly state that "issues" such as huge and uneven panel gaps, paint issues, and some other reported issues that should have been addressed BOTH in Fremont AND delivery prep. are totally unacceptable and I doubt this would occur at other manufacturers and especially for a car with a 6 figure out the door price tag and called "luxury"...

I have read the manual back and forth on the 2021 Model S, but really does not get into great deal of how easy it is to setup favorites from SiriusXM, FM, etc… and get to them or what album art looks like, etc.

If you search YouTube for “model s long range refresh” there is about 5-6 channels that have done multiple videos

I agree regarding a couple items such as a trunk lid cover, etc; but I want to clearly state that "issues" such as huge and uneven panel gaps, paint issues, and some other reported issues that should have been addressed BOTH in Fremont AND delivery prep. are totally unacceptable and I doubt this would occur at other manufacturers and especially for a car with a 6 figure out the door price tag and called "luxury"...
While not “luxury”, my fiancé’s RAV4 prime came with runs in the paint and adhesive runs on the inside of the headlight lens. Toyota said both were “normal”.

While not “luxury”, my fiancé’s RAV4 prime came with runs in the paint and adhesive runs on the inside of the headlight lens. Toyota said both were “normal”.
Not doubting anything you said; was it a local rep that stated "normal" or corporate? If corporate, I would never buy another Toyota and write some letters. Either way, I would NOT accept delivery.

Hey all,
Got home delivery of my LR Thursday night as scheduled. Was crazy arranging financing on 24hr notice but got it done. Highly recommend Stanford FCU if anyone's interested. They are one a few preferred lenders for Tesla so they move very quick and the bank wires the funds directly to Tesla in the background so all you need is the approval email for Tesla to release the car. Got the account opened and loan approved in just over 24hrs.
I'll do a longer write-up of the car in another post, but quick question - how do I report any issues coming out of my inspection of the car? Have a few and also missing the trunk pieces and floor mats like everyone else. Want to get those logged before I put 100 miles on the odometer.
Go in your Tesla App and schedule a service appointment. Select each category that you have issues in and write a description and upload corresponding photos.

Hey all,
Congrats! Good to know about Stanford FCU as well. Having to get that financing done so quickly probably got your adrenaline flowing even more than taking delivery of the car. ;)

Congrats! Good to know about Stanford FCU as well. Having to get that financing done so quickly probably got your adrenaline flowing even more than taking delivery of the car. ;)
Oh you wouldn't believe how much... was in the office that day and every time my Ring video notified movement on driveway I'd get excited only to see that it was one of my darn (but loving) kids hahaha. SFCU rate I got was 1.49%. Just have to enroll in minimal direct deposit and one other qualifier (I qualified through putting more than 25% down) to get that extra 1% discount on rate.

• Funny
Reactions: DG Tiger and McQ14