Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are these assembly lines running 24/7? Do VINs pop up over the weekends? I've had a couple of EDD changes on weekend days before but wasn't sure about VINs
Not sure if the lines are running 24/7, but VINs do pop up over the weekend. I recently took delivery of a Model Y, VIN assigned on Saturday (an NF at that), and picked up the car on Sunday.

I spoke with Tesla today and they mentioned that the software update is expected to be automatically rolled out to all cars at some point today. According to the SA, it’s an automatic push to each car even if it’s in transit and I’m still scheduled for Monday delivery, but if that software push doesn’t actually get pushed today, then they will delay my delivery.

If anyone else hears any news about the firmware hold, please do share!
I just called my internal contact at Tesla, but got a voicemail. I'll try his cell after lunch time.

That update does certainly sound promising, though! 🤞

Well, I didn't get a VIN yesterday as I was hoping I would. Instead, the beginning of my EDD pushed out two days but the back end stayed the same. Now I'm sitting at Nov. 20-Dec. 2. I've had this happen so many times in the last ten months that I'm not holding my breath. Nice to see so many people getting VINs. I just wish Tesla would take care of some of the earlier orders that are still outstanding.

I spoke with Tesla today and they mentioned that the software update is expected to be automatically rolled out to all cars at some point today. According to the SA, it’s an automatic push to each car even if it’s in transit and I’m still scheduled for Monday delivery, but if that software push doesn’t actually get pushed today, then they will delay my delivery.

If anyone else hears any news about the firmware hold, please do share!
Thanks for sharing, quite a few of us are eagerly hoping to hear the first person who gets the firmware update. :)

Just to keep this running, a Plaid MF4534 on Reddit confirmed it is on hold as well. So the range expands.

MF4534 to 4546 so far. Again, not sure if every vehicle in the range is included. We would be over 1000 vehicles at this point.
Great. I'm 45458. Sigh.

Got a call this morning (day of delivery Nov 19 5pm CT) from Telsa who said there was a nationwide issue with Model S with some bad wiring and firmware update. Originally ordered mid-May 2021. Delivery range is now Nov 19-23 which isn't terrible until you remember its Tesla and we're in the middle of a parts shortage. Asked for my down pmt back until its resolved. They did offer to deliver the car to wherever I want it but I'll prob just go in just in case I need a quick fix done.

Got a call this morning (day of delivery Nov 19 5pm CT) from Telsa who said there was a nationwide issue with Model S with some bad wiring and firmware update. Originally ordered mid-May 2021. Delivery range is now Nov 19-23 which isn't terrible until you remember its Tesla and we're in the middle of a parts shortage. Asked for my down pmt back until its resolved. They did offer to deliver the car to wherever I want it but I'll prob just go in just in case I need a quick fix done.
Mind sharing your four digits after MF in your VIN? Trying to get a range of effected vehicles.

Currently at 4534 to 4546.

Got a EOQ 10 day window for Dec 20-31, having previously been a 1 month+ range from Nov 24- Dec 31. Looks like Tesla is planning for their EOQ rush for SF Bay Area deliveries.

BTW, how do you create a signature?

---------------------------------------------------
2021 Model S LR | White | Black | 19" | No FSD | RN1151 | SF Bay Area| EDD Sep - Oct, Sep EOQ, Nov 24-Dec 24, Dec 20-31

Got a EOQ 10 day window for Dec 20-31, having previously been a 1 month+ range from Nov 24- Dec 31. Looks like Tesla is planning for their EOQ rush for SF Bay Area deliveries.

BTW, how do you create a signature?

---------------------------------------------------
2021 Model S LR | White | Black | 19" | No FSD | RN1151 | SF Bay Area| EDD Sep - Oct, Sep EOQ, Nov 24-Dec 24, Dec 20-31
You need five posts and or five reaction scores. Post some more and gave you a thumbs up.

Was supposed to take delivery this evening and Tesla called to inform me there is an issue with some cable (details unknown) and vehicle also requires a firmware update. New delivery date unknown. Original order was place in Mid-May 2021. Refresh Model S LR, White on White with premium wheels.
They hit me with the firmware deal earlier this week too. I got to see the car and run through the checklist at least, but they need to get this firmware addressed quickly. They never mentioned a cable or anything and by all looks of the car inside out it looks ready to go..was detailed and all.

Reactions: neadams99