Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAHA. Same boat, mine went to 11/23-11/27 last night. That's all I know
Just spoke to someone who is now telling me the car is showing to be delivered at the SC on 11/29, not 11/25, and to expect delivery sometime next week. They really just have no idea what’s actually happening. Supposedly on a train to Birmingham right now.

Hi all, have my delivery today, is there anything specific to look for during the inspection process?
I did look at the mega thread sticky on the list of stuff that needs to be checked but are there any parts/accessories that have been missing in the recent times that I need to keep an eye on?

FYI - wanted to confirm in CA, we can send a picture of a cashier's check to their delivery email and they will get the car ready for delivery based on it.

Thanks!

EDD just pushed from 11/24 - 12/19 to 12/15 - 12/29. I'm now in a two week window, so fingers crossed for a VIN coming soon!

RN1153 | OD 07/14/2021 | MSLR | Red Multi-Coat | 19" Tempest Wheels | Cream | EDD 12/15-12/29
I keep seeing a lot of red/cream coming at EOQ. It seems like they're planning on running a big batch of them in the next couple of weeks.

Picked up my LR 19’s White/Black that I ordered last year today. Only got to drive for about 8 miles, as was getting PPF on hood, ceramic wax, tinting and glassparency. Delivery sure is not the experience you get when you buy a BMW. No help showing you anything or setting things up. Tesla needs to do a better job with this, especially when it is your first Tesla and is totally different than a BMW, Porsche/Mercedes. Not very good, when you are spending $95k plus.

Will see how I like it so, when I get to drive it longer and learn all the features. So far, definitely is not as luxurious as my previous 5 Series in the interior, seats are nowhere near as good as BMW MultiContour seats, headrest does not move (at least I don’t think it does). Not sure it drives as well either, but way too early to make any more judgements. Will report back once I have driven for longer than 10 minutes. :)

If I would have had a chance to test drive it, I am not sure I would have purchased it to replace my BMW, but we shall see. Sure hope I end up loving it as much as my BMW 5’s.

guys who are getting their windows shortened. Is it happening when you first check in the morning or throughout the day? my understanding EDD updates are in the morning once daily and vins roll out throughout the day. Is that true??
Consider the possibility that a suddenly shortened window may be caused by a rejected delivery of a configuration same as yours...caveat emptor!

Reactions: Vinny860
Picked up my LR 19’s White/Black that I ordered last year today. Only got to drive for about 8 miles, as was getting PPF on hood, ceramic wax, tinting and glassparency. Delivery sure is not the experience you get when you buy a BMW. No help showing you anything or setting things up. Tesla needs to do a better job with this, especially when it is your first Tesla and is totally different than a BMW, Porsche/Mercedes. Not very good, when you are spending $95k plus.

Will see how I like it so, when I get to drive it longer and learn all the features. So far, definitely is not as luxurious as my previous 5 Series in the interior, seats are nowhere near as good as BMW MultiContour seats, headrest does not move (at least I don’t think it does). Not sure it drives as well either, but way too early to make any more judgements. Will report back once I have driven for longer than 10 minutes. :)

If I would have had a chance to test drive it, I am not sure I would have purchased it to replace my BMW, but we shall see. Sure hope I end up loving it as much as my BMW 5’s.
Just an FYI that the current interior is way better than it 5-6 years ago when I first test drove a model s. But looks like there's still room for improvement.

Just an FYI that the current interior is way better than it 5-6 years ago when I first test drove a model s. But looks like there's still room for improvement.
I am currently driving an M 550 2018 with 450hp and 0-60 in 3.9. I call it mother of all cars. Great combination of luxury comfort and power. Not the ultimate driving machine as BMW used to be but the ultimate everything else or ultimate executive luxury machine.
I always had the curiosity how will my beamer compare to the MSLR that I am impatiently about to loose my mind to have.
two weeks ago I did a horrible mistake and borrowed a 2020 MSLR pre refresh for one night and drove it to work and back and since then I am a sick person hating my life waiting for the new one to arrive. I was about to pay 88k to buy the one I drove and trade it in once the new one came in but luckily my wife prevented that from happenning.
Anyways after trying it for a day not only a short test drive where you get to hook up your phone adjust your settings floor it a bit go easy on it a bit use some of the technology and autopilot a bit and it being my first EV ever I was transformed for ever and lost my mind completely. I loved every bit of the what is called the TESLA experience. I am shocked to read others rejecting 2021 vins or even checking their cars on delivery. I dont care about gaps or wrinkles as long as everything is functional.
so my friend EX beamer driver give it a good day or two with your new beast and remember my words. Let me know what you think then.

I am currently driving an M 550 2018 with 450hp and 0-60 in 3.9. I call it mother of all cars. Great combination of luxury comfort and power. Not the ultimate driving machine as BMW used to be but the ultimate everything else or ultimate executive luxury machine.
I always had the curiosity how will my beamer compare to the MSLR that I am impatiently about to loose my mind to have.
two weeks ago I did a horrible mistake and borrowed a 2020 MSLR pre refresh for one night and drove it to work and back and since then I am a sick person hating my life waiting for the new one to arrive. I was about to pay 88k to buy the one I drove and trade it in once the new one came in but luckily my wife prevented that from happenning.
Anyways after trying it for a day not only a short test drive where you get to hook up your phone adjust your settings floor it a bit go easy on it a bit use some of the technology and autopilot a bit and it being my first EV ever I was transformed for ever and lost my mind completely. I loved every bit of the what is called the TESLA experience. I am shocked to read others rejecting 2021 vins or even checking their cars on delivery. I dont care about gaps or wrinkles as long as everything is functional.
so my friend EX beamer driver give it a good day or two with your new beast and remember my words. Let me know what you think then.
Perfect post. As a first time EV/Tesla owner myself, I agree completely!