Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi... I tried that but have not seen any email or invite to join DCU .. Do you know which charity you selected and how you received the invite ?..
Thanks in advance
No invite. Just go to their site and select ‘Join’. Here you go:

Super friendly folks when you can reach them. :)

Reactions: New TMS
Reactions: nandyd
It shows a lot of requirements to join... I don't meet any of them. :(

Wow. Sorry. They must have changed the criteria. I know there was a flurry of referral activities on this site that resulted in a membership uptick. Maybe that caused them some issues as the referrals were also recently put on hiatus.

Glad I got in. Amazing rates. Financed wife’s MYP at full amount (no down). Considering same for Plaid. Financing secured. :)

Reactions: WilliamG and nandyd
As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been any new fsd invites (even for users with 100 safety score) since the start of January. Seems like they were focused on fixing some bugs/rolling stop before they invite more users. Since 10.10.2 has been pushed to most of the fleet now fingers crossed they start sending out more invites again.
I canceled sitting in the queue so I can enjoy the car.

Reactions: JASONRAD
Yeah very nice. For the rest of us, don't bother, lol.

Membership Required​

1. Eligibility by Family Relationship to a Current DCU Member

Relatives of DCU members are eligible to join if they are spouses, domestic partners, children grandchildren, parents, grandparents or siblings (including adoptive in-law, and step relationships).

2. Eligibility by Company You Work for or Retired From

• You currently work for or retired from a company in our list of participitating employers.
  • You have a family relationship (as described above) to a non-member who currently works for or retired from a company or organization in our field of membership.
3. Eligibility by Organization You Belong To

• You currently belong to or join an organization whose members we serve.
  • You have a family relationship (as described above) to a non-member who belongs to an organization in our list of participating organizations.
4. Eligibility by Community

You are automatically eligible to join DCU if you live, work, worship, or attend school in one of the communities in our list. Any business or other legal entity located in one of these areas is also automatically eligible to join.

Select #3 and join OARS. It will cost you $10. I think that is the group I joined. DCU was great to work with. Approved 100% loan at 1.24% last December. I started the application process about 10 days before my car was delivered. Then I called them in early morning a few days after my application to make sure everything was done right. Got through to a live person within 10 minutes. They sent me a check by Fedex which I handed to Tesla after I had inspected my new Model S.

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
View attachment 772901
Is this a revised yoke design? The bottom bar looks narrower and the sides taper in instead of flaring out.
Very interesting. I did not realize (nor had heard) that there was a design update to the yoke. I attached what mine looks like and it is definitely different than yours.

Attachments

• yoke.JPG
    yoke.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: Woodchuck
What difference are you seeing? They look like the same thing just different angles to me, but I haven't seen it in person so maybe I'm missing something.
I think the inner radius on both sides is different as well as the design and thickness at the tops. Also, the top yoke ends up round in at the top on each side and the bottom yoke comes almost straight up. Maybe I am seeing things !

Attachments

• yoke2.JPG
    yoke2.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: dlittle
I think the inner radius on both sides is different as well as the design and thickness at the tops. Also, the top yoke ends up round in at the top on each side and the bottom yoke comes almost straight up. Maybe I am seeing things !
Look at the edge of the center screen (which should be straight) and you will noticed he is using a very funky fish-eye lens. I suspect the wheel is the same, just looks off due to the lens.

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Here’s why you shouldn’t accept summer tires in an area where it snows. Took delivery a week ago and they said that summer tires are normal for Utah and if I rejected it my order would be canceled. Now I know that’s BS but after 8 months I accepted it. I figured I could put winter tires on next winter. Snowed here but left for a meeting - roads wet but not slick. Started snowing and while driving home I was really careful. Going slow, leaving a lot of room. Car started sliding and I hit the breaks but it bumped into the truck. No damage to him, but you can see what happened to me. Can this be fixed or am I looking at a new hood? I figure the latter. Bumper isn’t damaged just might need some new clips and be pushed back in. No marks on it. I’m really sick to my stomach and kicking myself for not rejecting the car until they would put on A/S tires. 😢

Attachments

• BA627FE8-CDB0-4D42-9073-71824B65CA57.jpeg
    BA627FE8-CDB0-4D42-9073-71824B65CA57.jpeg
    493.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 88E4C7C2-C7C7-475A-B61D-183D40B37CD8.jpeg
    88E4C7C2-C7C7-475A-B61D-183D40B37CD8.jpeg
    548.3 KB · Views: 69
Here’s why you shouldn’t accept summer tires in an area where it snows. Took delivery a week ago and they said that summer tires are normal for Utah and if I rejected it my order would be canceled. Now I know that’s BS but after 8 months I accepted it. I figured I could put winter tires on next winter. Snowed here but left for a meeting - roads wet but not slick. Started snowing and while driving home I was really careful. Going slow, leaving a lot of room. Car started sliding and I hit the breaks but it bumped into the truck. No damage to him, but you can see what happened to me. Can this be fixed or am I looking at a new hood? I figure the latter. Bumper isn’t damaged just might need some new clips and be pushed back in. No marks on it. I’m really sick to my stomach and kicking myself for not rejecting the car until they would put on A/S tires. 😢
Sorry to hear. That is bad on Tesla's part to give you summer tires. They gave me also summer tires 3 days ago when I picked up even tho others who picked up in this area got AS tires. I told them to swap and they have scheduled me for Mar 11 as I am out of the country the next day for a month.

Sorry to hear. That is bad on Tesla's part to give you summer tires. They gave me also summer tires 3 days ago when I picked up even tho others who picked up in this area got AS tires. I told them to swap and they have scheduled me for Mar 11 as I am out of the country the next day for a month.
They said I’d have to pay for it. I wish I’d made a bigger deal out of it. Painful lesson learned.