Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agreed with your original post. No one here wanted better headlights until they were under the impression better headlights existed.
I was just on the freeway the other night and I saw a brand new Tesla model Y and a new Tesla refreshed S and they were side-by-side on the freeway and it was obvious the model Y had brighter clearer headlamps. Now I’m looking forward to the new headlights. Another thought.
My 2021 Toyota Prius has very clear bright projector LEDs and so does my 2021 civic type R and my wife’s 2021 BMW X3 so I’m glad they’re updating them to keep up with my other cars..
You cannot join the forum in 2021 and make a statement like that. People have been complaining about the headlight output since 2016!

Don't say "No one here wanted..." I did on my 2020 before the Palladium even existed, and I was not the only one. My 2013 had better light output.

Reactions: chrisdh79
Took delivery last Saturday! I got carried away and forgot to post on here lol. Delivery in the morning in Chicago and there were some missing pieces though. The car was missing the rear truck lid and the car had summer tires. All season are backed ordered but I was given the truck lid when I came back to my service center in Michigan. The tires were given to me for free whenever they would come in. Love the car and I didn’t think I would see a difference between the Model 3 vs this. If you get a chance to steal one from inventory its worth it. Already put 500 miles on it, also it turns out the drive unit that was replaced from Fremont was 10k.
5245D2FB-DD50-4E1C-B042-4183235E39CC.jpeg

Attachments

• 8A3828CF-554E-416A-A82B-0CECF6B715AC.jpeg
    8A3828CF-554E-416A-A82B-0CECF6B715AC.jpeg
    639.8 KB · Views: 65
Anyone not liking the new tail lights?
Whyd they make em smaller?
And that black bar accentuated the wideness of the back imo.

Now the S rear looks too similar to a 3
Why are you asking us why Tesla made smaller or new taillights? How are we suppose to know? Its an update. Simple as that

It’s a refresh. Tesla does what it wants.

You can always wrap the back bar in black, that’s what I’ll probably do.

Reactions: chrisdh79

Some people might not like it but I hated those old tail lights for having all those dots like very old LED tech.

I love the new lights. Old light design would have been fine by me if they did not look outdated

I am missing the black bar the most. I hope it is not to difficult to black out again. Otherwise I will be happy to accept the new tail lights and headlights. The tail lights just need to be aligned evenly.

Entered EDD range for the second time yesterday. Today EDD changed to 3/08-3/31. The only time my range has dropped to less than 4 weeks. If last quarter is a reliable predicter, the only way I get a car next month is if VIN gets assigned by end of February or maybe a few days into first week of March. Otherwise any VIN assigned later will likely be withdrawn if I cannot take delivery by end of the quarter.

Last edited:
Received another call this morning (2.5hrs before "delivery") that they have not received the bumper yet. Pushed again another week to 2 March...
The supply chain to the stores is not good. The car I tried to take delivery of at the end of December is still sitting at the store. Waiting for some "card", so they can update the firmware.
Hopefully you'll have better luck with a bumper cover.

• Informative
Reactions: Concade1
Entered EDD range for the second time yesterday. Today EDD changed to 3/08-3/31. The only time my range has dropped to less than 4 weeks. If last quarter is a reliable predicter, the only way I get a car next month is if VIN gets assigned by end of February or maybe a few days into first week of March. Otherwise any VIN assigned later will likely be withdrawn if I cannot take delivery by end of the quarter.
We match EDD exactly as well as RN. Where are you set to pickup?

Took delivery last Saturday! I got carried away and forgot to post on here lol. Delivery in the morning in Chicago and there were some missing pieces though. The car was missing the rear truck lid and the car had summer tires. All season are backed ordered but I was given the truck lid when I came back to my service center in Michigan. The tires were given to me for free whenever they would come in. Love the car and I didn’t think I would see a difference between the Model 3 vs this. If you get a chance to steal one from inventory its worth it. Already put 500 miles on it, also it turns out the drive unit that was replaced from Fremont was 10k.

9EFB5A56-7176-454C-80E0-B4426BFB6622.jpeg

Is this a revised yoke design? The bottom bar looks narrower and the sides taper in instead of flaring out.

View attachment 772901
Is this a revised yoke design? The bottom bar looks narrower and the sides taper in instead of flaring out.
Oh! I did not realize the new screen in the refresh is so close to the instrument panel and directly behind one end of the yoke. If this is correct one could look at the screen without really looking down. Or I'm I being tricked by the photography? An improvement for sure on the old vertical screen.

I am missing the black bar the most. I hope it is not to difficult to black out again. Otherwise I will be happy to accept the new tail lights and headlights. The tail lights just need to be aligned evenly.
It was a piece of cake pre-refresh. I blacked out the bar on our S and X after removing it from the car. Left the letters as is (chrome) and it looked fabulous. Don’t buy those crappy RPMTesla appliqués. Spend an extra hour and do it right. Note it will probably be easier on refresh as you don’t have the light cut-outs on either end. That’s why the X was a breeze.