Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I put together a simple spreadsheet of data from recent folks in this forum:

Tesla Motors Club 2021+ Model S Tracker

Seems like it takes most folks 10-13 months from order to delivery, unless they live in California. Looks like Canada gets some special treatment too.
This is exactly the kind of information what I was looking for. I added my info to it. Although the data you collected is insufficient to prove a theory, it makes sense that at the end of a quarter a company would favor sending their goods nearby to boost delivery numbers rather than strand their production in transit. After all, isn't that the capitalistic way? Thanks!

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
do they scuff easily? I felt like my old MS mats from Tesla used to show so much dirt so easily, and was a pain to clean.
I have to take them out and hose it down. I don't have that many people ride in my car and it's mostly just my driver side. My first MS I did not use any Weathertech type mats and used OEM mats. Cleaning the mucky mud after hiking was not easy. So I got Weathertech mats for my second MS. This tile wanted to try Tesmanian camd they seemed to be ok so far. I bring garden soil and plants and dirt in the trunk or passenger seat all the time. These mats are easier to take out and get rid of all the soil from the plants as they always fall down and make a mess.

I was put on Hold by Tesla because I didn't respond to their delivery dates within 30 hours. I reinstitute my reservation 10 days later.
Contrary to the assurances of the manager of my local dealer that my order would be prioritized, my new EDD is August 24-October 5. That will put me at 15 months.
Make sure you respond to their delivery request or you'll be punished
This does not make any sense and it is weird and bad customer service, So, the waiting is over a year without any updates, and you only get 30 hours to respond to their notification delivery dates? Are we supposed to check the app or emails every few hours to avoid such results?

Just wanted to post for those waiting for their MS LR's. I took delivery of mine back in March. I ordered in May of 2021. I just took a long road trip on mine. I had last taken the same trip in my MY LR (with acceleration boost). While I liked my Y, I can't say I ever really loved it. On this same trip my S used less energy, was a lot more comfortable and I drove faster in general and had a lot of rain. This makes my energy usage even more surprising. Lifetime is 280 Wh/mile. This is mostly in hot weather with the AC on all the time. A fair amount of defroster use the last week as it has been very humid. Only about 2 weeks of its lifetime where any heat was used.

My S is one of the last ones before they went to matrix headlight, and rear lights change. It doesn't have the tilting screen either. One big plus though for mine was it has radar. I have been a very vocal about how much I dislike the yoke. Dislike is an understatement to be honest but on the trip it actually wasn't horrid. I also subscribed to FSD. I have to be honest, in about 1500 miles of FSD use, there isn't a huge advantage over basic autopilot.

The LR just eats up the miles easily. While not as quick as the Plaid at speed, it still pulls hard even with the car fully loaded. We had 3 people in the car, a dog and so much stuff there wasn't any free space to squeeze much of anything else. Even with that full load it was very quick regardless of speed. Road compliance was good too. The suspension is a lot more comfortable on the highway than our 3 or Y LR's. Definitely a much quieter cockpit. The cooled seats worked great.

I had a lot of concerns about missing out on the refreshed refresh headlight. I drove on some rainy backroads that were blacktop and the light performance was actually pretty good. I was thinking about maybe retrofitting the matrix ones if that was even an option but at this point I think I am good. As for the tilting screen, I don't think it would be any benefit for me.

I did have the car covered with PPF (paint protection film). I was sot of on the fence about doing the entire car. I am really glad I did it now. The car took a beating on the highway from stuff bouncing of vehicles, road construction debris being kicked up and the unending swarms of bugs the S massacred. I got to my destination and I hated to get out and take a look. I could see where some of the things had impacted the PPF and would have definitely damaged the paint. It sat out in the hot sun yesterday and it looks as good as new. The self-healing aspect of the PPF definitely worked.

We went to the beach today and I am so glad I had the 3D MAXpider floor mats. There weren't any for the 21-22 models specifically and I ordered the previous version listed below. They fit so close I can't see any need to swap out. So easy to just take them out and dump all the sound out. They also cover the dead pedal area quite nicely.

Some of the nits though about the car is Tesla REALLY needs to be able to separate the sound for the rear monitor from the rest of the car's audio system. We have a pre-schooler and I am so tired of hearing Cocomelon, Baby Shark, and all the other kids songs/shows that I had to put on my shooting hearing protectors so I didn't go crazy from listening.

The AC was a bit wonky at times. It would be almost 100F outside. I'd change the temp from 76F to 77F and it would turn on the heat. Often just a 1 degree increase in the temp, even with the AC on and the outside temps 15-20 degrees hotter, it would turn on the heat instead of the AC. On the plus side, the AC worked very well. I did tint the windows with ceramic coating and used a sunshield for the roof but all that does is slow down the heat soak. So if the car set out about an hour in the sun, it was going to be pretty hot when we got in. The AC cooled it off very quickly.

I had originally debated about buying the Plaid or the LR. I think at the time when I ordered the price delta was about 50k. Now it has shrunk. I have to say the more I drive the LR, the more I realize it was the right decision for us. While 1 second quicker to 60 is significant and about 1.5 quicker in the 1/4 mile is huge, rarely can I take advantage of what the LR has to offer on the highway anyway. My wife is already ticked off if I get on it hard with her in the car and with the Plaid, it would be even worse. If I had to buy back in so to speak, the price delta has narrowed enough, I might think more about the Plaid, mostly because I could get it quicker than almost waiting another year.

Basically you already have the performance of a Lambo in your 5 passenger family hauler. It is cheap to feed so far and does all I ask of it without any fuss. I hope when you finally get your LR's you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours. The only place I really don't like it that much is in really tight, dense, city traffic. Our 3 is much better there. Out on more open roads, the S is where I'd rather be. Or anytime I want cooled seats. ;)