Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a theory or a guess. This is directly from multiple SA's and the delivery center directly in Marina Del Rey. They say socal is delivered at end of quarter. Now whether or not they honor pre-refresh orders this time, I guess we will soon find out.
I am also having mine delivered to Marina Del Rey. My SA used to work there and said they are the best service center in SoCal. SA stated SoCal tends to receive models a little after east coast. I take anything the SA’s say with a grain of salt. Anyway no LR vins or deliveries yet. He did say that when vin start showing up from their sales they usually come in big batches.

Reactions: gadelrosario
Got a call from Tesla today that they believe they’ll get some LR’s this month and just checking to see who is ready to go and pick it up. They did not explicitly say they’ll have mine this month, nor do I have a VIN, but it seems like they’re preparing to see if they can get some in customers hands this month. Time will tell.
I’d drive to any place in SoCal to pick up my Red/Black, though I was last told I’d get door-to-door.

Reactions: Lance Uppercut
I’d drive to any place in SoCal to pick up my Red/Black, though I was last told I’d get door-to-door.

I said the same thing to her. She was indifferent on speed of delivery vs pick-up, but said that pick-up window at the store is only 3-5pm every day... I said that's fine. I'd rather come down literally the day it arrives on the lot than to wait any longer.

And for a more detailed response of what exactly she said: "it looks like your Model S Long Range could come in this month, but it's no guarantee. Keep an eye on a VIN being assigned in your account, and once that happens we can coordinate your pick-up time at the store."

She then went on to just make sure all my information was correct and that I was ready/willing to pick it up as soon as it comes in.

TOTAL SPECULATION: they have an opportunity to beef up their end of quarter delivery #'s by making sure LR's don't sit in parking lots and go directly to customers who are ready to get them! We're talking days matter if it's already June 16th, so I could see why they're doing these calls.

I said the same thing to her. She was indifferent on speed of delivery vs pick-up, but said that pick-up window at the store is only 3-5pm every day... I said that's fine. I'd rather come down literally the day it arrives on the lot than to wait any longer.

And for a more detailed response of what exactly she said: "it looks like your Model S Long Range could come in this month, but it's no guarantee. Keep an eye on a VIN being assigned in your account, and once that happens we can coordinate your pick-up time at the store."

She then went on to just make sure all my information was correct and that I was ready/willing to pick it up as soon as it comes in.

TOTAL SPECULATION: they have an opportunity to beef up their end of quarter delivery #'s by making sure LR's don't sit in parking lots and go directly to customers who are ready to get them! We're talking days matter if it's already June 16th, so I could see why they're doing these calls.

Hope that ends up being the case. My pickup location (Nashville) is 3+ hours away, but I'd gladly take a day off and do the day-trip if we can pickup before the end of the month. Knoxville where I live is in the process of opening a new service/sales center, so its a race to see if the new center opens before my delivery is scheduled out in Nashville.

FWIW, Tesla is just as bad about service-center opening dates as they are vehicle deliveries. They are already scheduling "beta" service visits to the new location, but won't confirm if it's this quarter or next before it opens. Just "2021 sometime" :)

Last month I moved my delivery to Fremont-factory direct in the hope my config is available as t the end of June and the only way to deliver it was straight out of the factory staging area. Probably a much longer wait if that doesn’t plan out, but worth a plane ticket if it does.

Feel like we talked to the same lady. She also mentioned the 3pm-5pm window to me so I just said I'd take delivery at my place.

Reactions: Fwizzy
Got a call from Tesla today that they believe they’ll get some LR’s this month and just checking to see who is ready to go and pick it up. They did not explicitly say they’ll have mine this month, nor do I have a VIN, but it seems like they’re preparing to see if they can get some in customers hands this month. Time will tell.
Still waiting for my call. Feeling left out. Maybe because I don't have arachnids. :(

Long time lurker but just got an exciting text message with delivery update. No VIN yet though.

Charlotte location. MS LR MSM arachnids FSD. RN1142 December order date

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210616-192336_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210616-192336_Messages.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 96