Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude... this one hurt me bad. I went from June 22-30, and am now blank, if it goes to August I am absolutely canceling my Tesla order. No shot I can stomach waiting 8 months.
It’s absolutely unbelievable that they gave you a delivery window and then cancelled it the day before it was to start. And after waiting for months. Almost makes me realize that even though our orders were the same day, having a blank delivery estimate for over a month hasn’t been as bad as getting jerked around.

VIN babyyyyyyyyyy! Came at 12:20 am last night. They workin overtime.

MS LR/blue/black/arachnids/FSD

delivery window: 6/26-6/30
Congrats! I’m surprised they are able to transport to GA by EOQ… that’s a very quick turnaround (vs what others had previously stated regarding transit times to the east coast). I wonder if they are using tandem drivers for transport or if there is a delay between the actual shipment and VIN update on the account.

Either way, that’s giving me hope… back to refreshing my account page!

It’s absolutely unbelievable that they gave you a delivery window and then cancelled it the day before it was to start. And after waiting for months. Almost makes me realize that even though our orders were the same day, having a blank delivery estimate for over a month hasn’t been as bad as getting jerked around.

Mannnn, as well as a call about making sure I was ready to receive a delivery this month!! It's REAL messed up.

Mannnn, as well as a call about making sure I was ready to receive a delivery this month!! It's REAL messed up.
This all goes in line with what I was told by Tesla a long time ago. Southern California gets delivered at end of quarter. So if we dont get our cars this month, there is a good chance that we get delivered end of next quarter. Which could mean September. I guarantee I will not last that long.

We just had a 1/27 LR order get a VIN above on the east coast. I'm going to call it. You're due for a vin any minute/day now.

It'll take 1-3 days to get from Fremont to LA, When my wife ordered her Y in March, she got her Vin in 2 weeks, then from getting her Vin, the car was ready to pick up in Santa Barbara in about 2 days! So I think you have about until Monday or Tuesday of next week to get a vin and have the car before the end of June.

We just had a 1/27 LR order get a VIN above on the east coast. I'm going to call it. You're due for a vin any minute/day now.

It'll take 1-3 days to get from Fremont to LA, When my wife ordered her Y in March, she got her Vin in 2 weeks, then from getting her Vin, the car was ready to pick up in Santa Barbara in about 2 days! So I think you have about until Monday or Tuesday of next week to get a vin and have the car before the end of June.

This all goes in line with what I was told by Tesla a long time ago. Southern California gets delivered at end of quarter. So if we dont get our cars this month, there is a good chance that we get delivered end of next quarter. Which could mean September. I guarantee I will not last that long.

I appreciate y'all... this truly is 50% group therapy and 50% informative.

I have been told the same thing by one SA, and another at the same store said absolutely not, so who knows. But here’s the thing. I guarantee you if I ordered a 3 or Y it would come before September. Same with a Plaid. So I can’t believe it’s only EOQ for SoCal.

After many months with no delivery time, last Friday my delivery was set to July for a LR early January order. I felt excited until today when the date was removed. Has this happened to others? Maybe when buyers see the delivery month, they pester service advisors for a VIN. Removing the month reduces SA inquiries.

After many months with no delivery time, last Friday my delivery was set to July for a LR early January order. I felt excited until today when the date was removed. Has this happened to others? Maybe when buyers see the delivery month, they pester service advisors for a VIN. Removing the month reduces SA inquiries.

Glad to hear you had delivery dates. I didn't have a single text or delivery dates ever since last November xD

Edit: Actually I feel like estimated delivery doesn't mean anything at this point. People just randomly getting VINs

Reactions: Danlbrau
Anyone seeing the $2k discount on the final order agreement for the preorders?
Yes for me the $2k discount didnt show up on the final order agreement - but I’ve been assured it will be added…right now just believing in what Tesla say - due for pick up either this coming Saturday or early next week - LR/Black/Cream/21”/FSD

Glad to hear you had delivery dates. I didn't have a single text or delivery dates ever since last November xD

Edit: Actually I feel like estimated delivery doesn't mean anything at this point. People just randomly getting VINs
as much as I want the car and have a deadline of end of september before I leave the country until march; I would gladly give you my spot in line. I have been waiting since early feb paying straight cash homey and think its heinous exact similar builds but with 21s are getting cars before. I can only imagine your frustration.

Hope you get your car soon and it is worth it!!

First Post. I’ve been lurking since 1/27….ordered 2 hours after refresh announcement.
RN 1144;
Final Build - LR/Black/Cream/21”/No FSD
Original Build - LR/Black/Black/19”/No FSD
Purchase, not lease

Long Story, short… have had all the issues everyone else has had on this site and then some, but that is for another time and a future post. This forum has kept me calm and laughing for all these months.
My account had been “Blank” for ages, but had been told August delivery. Then on Monday, I received a call from my SA who asked if I’d change my build (interior color from Black to Cream and 19” wheels to 21”)? He had to have an answer immediately. Thought for 10 seconds, said “yes” and within 2 minutes had my VIN. Delivery on Friday afternoon. Delivery date was actually pushed forward 3 days, not back. It’s been a strange trip. WooHoo…

Just received this text. On god I’ve never written back to a text faster than this one. 🤣

Attachments

• D46D89A8-FD0C-4279-8B30-999FA27AF2EC.jpeg
    D46D89A8-FD0C-4279-8B30-999FA27AF2EC.jpeg
    446.5 KB · Views: 76