Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Windows tinted - she’s beautiful.

went with 40% 3M all around for consistency. I didn’t want it to be too dark either, so I was pretty happy with my choice here and how it turned out

Attachments

• 56E5EE62-915C-4DDD-A1EA-6C96C3A72C5F.jpeg
    56E5EE62-915C-4DDD-A1EA-6C96C3A72C5F.jpeg
    625.1 KB · Views: 90

went with 40% 3M all around for consistency. I didn’t want it to be too dark either, so I was pretty happy with my choice here and how it turned out
It just looks incredible! I was going to go 50% but I think 40% is the sweet spot. This is pretty much the perfect angle to see the visibility.

Do we know the success rate of orders placed feb or earlier say 11450- below changing to 21s and getting their VIN? We all know there have been numerous 1146s with 21s already accept delivery on the main model s forum. Had aug date for first time in months last monday but was taken away next day. There has not been one sighting of the new 19s on any car plaid or LR and only one In florida on a plaid that the owner was not allowed to pick up until they swapped.

Seems older deliveries are getting VINs after switching at a higher success rate than SA's give a knowledgeable answer. Astonishes me the customer service an I lived in France for 3 years

Reactions: gadelrosario
Do we know the success rate of orders placed feb or earlier say 11450- below changing to 21s and getting their VIN? We all know there have been numerous 1146s with 21s already accept delivery on the main model s forum. Had aug date for first time in months last monday but was taken away next day. There has not been one sighting of the new 19s on any car plaid or LR and only one In florida on a plaid that the owner was not allowed to pick up until they swapped.

Seems older deliveries are getting VINs after switching at a higher success rate than SA's give a knowledgeable answer. Astonishes me the customer service an I lived in France for 3 years
We have a LR 11433 reservation from January and still no VIN or estimated delivery date. We didn't change it to 21" until yesterday, so probably too late for an EoQ delivery. Zut alors!

We have a LR 11433 reservation from January and still no VIN or estimated delivery date. We didn't change it to 21" until yesterday, so probably too late for an EoQ delivery. Zut alors!
Been awhile since I've heard that one haha

Keep us updated with how it goes. Was told orders before march should be out by July-August but again this is tesla time and the person, though polite, is new and had no knowledge of the 19s being an issue. When all it takes is two mins of OSINT to realize they clearly are. And not just a max out revenue EOQ issue

I'm not sure it's possible to know. It definitely does not look like anyone is taking delivery of 19" wheels yet. The most reasonable explanation of some users getting cars sooner than others is that they are matching based on geography and car configuration. How/what they are building and how they decide where to ship them to different areas are almost impossible to guess. I'm sure they have a process, but it would be difficult (impossible) to accurately guess and it could change any time. But having an early RN helps if a car is in your area and matches your order. They aren't matching any 19's yet, so it's likely if this continues, you would get matched sooner by switching to 21s. As to when the 19's will be available, no one would know. I'm sure 100 people will call their SA's and post whatever non-sense they spout, and we'll get another 2000 pages to the thread before most of us get our cars. That is the way. Switch if you want. No one knows if it will get you a car faster. Sorry, I guess I woke up on the wrong side of another day of a blank delivery date.

• Disagree
Reactions: t00taloo and Ovrt23
I switched to 21's yesterday and got a VIN few hours later. I know the car is not guaranteed to be delivered soon gauging by how Tesla has dealt with things, but I think my proximity to Fremont might help.

I'm not sure it's possible to know. It definitely does not look like anyone is taking delivery of 19" wheels yet. The most reasonable explanation of some users getting cars sooner than others is that they are matching based on geography and car configuration. How/what they are building and how they decide where to ship them to different areas are almost impossible to guess. I'm sure they have a process, but it would be difficult (impossible) to accurately guess and it could change any time. But having an early RN helps if a car is in your area and matches your order. They aren't matching any 19's yet, so it's likely if this continues, you would get matched sooner by switching to 21s. As to when the 19's will be available, no one would know. I'm sure 100 people will call their SA's and post whatever non-sense they spout, and we'll get another 2000 pages to the thread before most of us get our cars. That is the way. Switch if you want. No one knows if it will get you a car faster. Sorry, I guess I woke up on the wrong side of another day of a blank delivery date.
I will only add that Sam has been fairly reliable in the past and will throw his comment below for context.
Was told: Mass production of the 19" wheel will not start until July. Most likely 2nd week. First deliveries thereafter, major push in August.

Reactions: Danlbrau and foos

Looks amazing, but is it legal in CA? Did you tint the windshield? Been trying to figure out what to do when I finally get mine. Looking at AcutintPro in Upland SoCal) to do it.