Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my, gents. This just happened. Two days ago, my dates flipped to Oct 11-31. 10 minutes ago, flipped to this:
View attachment 695566
That’s gotta be a great sign! Only an 8 day window.

My shrinking date range progression stalled overnight. I’m stuck at 8/25-9/4, reduced from original 8/21-9/4 range.

Well, not a horrid update overnight for me.

1. My Previous Dec 18 - Jan 9th dates, moved forward a couple weeks to now Dec 10 - Dec 30th. This is my more $$$ order placed just days ago.
2. My second choice order, that is the $5K more price, is holding at October still - just "October"
3. My cheapest/oldest order, first choice of course, is still way out to February - grrrrr!

Well. My delivery date went from October 2021 to February 2022.

Time to look for a 911.
I was just checking out EV West for their EV conversion kit for air-cooled 911s - I have a tired '82. $12K for the kit, at least another $12k for batteries - much more for a Tesla-based system. It would be a fun project, more fun than rebuilding the gearbox.

But hang in there. The thing for me, after getting an EV, is that even a new ICE car seems more like a classic car from a prior era. Hello, it's 2021 - do you really want something with a crankshaft! Not to mention camshaft actuators, position sensors, and all manner of doodads to enrich service departments. The Model S is replacing a Macan.

Reactions: Vinny860
Just now got a VIN! It didn't show on the dashboard but I noticed that 2021 was added to the description. Clicked in and BOOM there it was. EDD now says February though which is weird but I assume that's just Tesla trying to temper my high.
Nice. The February estimated delivery date post VIN seems like a bad bug in the account coding. Should update this AM.

Last edited:
Well, not a horrid update overnight for me.

1. My Previous Dec 18 - Jan 9th dates, moved forward a couple weeks to now Dec 10 - Dec 30th. This is my more $$$ order placed just days ago.
2. My second choice order, that is the $5K more price, is holding at October still - just "October"
3. My cheapest/oldest order, first choice of course, is still way out to February - grrrrr!
Just worth noting - your "most expensive order" is a non-white interior.

On Wednesday at 11:45 AM:
My OG SA calls me and confirms me a Black on Black Model S with 21 inch wheels with no FSD is available. However, for the sake of financing I decided to replace this with my other model s plaid order, then have SA match me this one, and then I finalize everything with third party financing. That way if third party financing goes south I will still have my white/white order available if i can get it before October. (Which is like a 4% ill get it in that time :( so yeah)

Going to be doing third party for financing. I’ll have to see how that goes. If not I will switch it back to my Plaid order I originally had it on. White / white order is still active with everything done and approved for Tesla financing.

Only issue is I am subject to the $10,000 change and is it reasonable? Well we will see. Bank wants me to review my loan terms before officially making this a reality. So I might have a Model S LR in my hands. I am excited but at the same time feeling stupid i am sucking up to Elon paying the extra $10,000.

Wish me luck :eek:
This👆. We all understand there are supply chain issues across multiple products. Its frustrating but real. However, why can't Tesla be collaborative with their order holders in date order.

Hello Customer!!

I'm sure you are as excited about the Tesla Model S as we are! Demand for the new model has been fantastic. Unfortunately, certain parts are proving to be inconsistent in availability extending delivery timelines. We understand this can be very disappointing and in our attempts to meet our commitments to you we are reaching out.

Your selection of XXXXXX is significantly delaying our ability to deliver your car to you. If, however, you are open to changing to XXXX instead, we can deliver your car between MMDD-MMDD. If you are interested in pursuing this option please contact us at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

If you would like to maintain your existing configuration, rest assured, we are working to put you in your Model S as soon as possible.

Sincerely,
The Tesla Monkey
VP of Chaos

Instead, in recognition of early support, customers are greeted with..."Hey we can get you a car faster with different color combos but we aren't going to honor the original price. With Full Contempt, The Tesla Monkey EVP of Customer Dissatisfaction"