Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got Oct. 17 - Nov. 1 EDD yesterday and got pushback all the way to Dec. 14 - Jan. 03 now. :mad: Anyone got this too?

RN1146 3/23/2021 order date, White/Black 19 No FSD, Bay Area.
There has been estimator bugs in the past (as in the last two weeks, have a handful of examples) where the date snaps one or two months later (like you experienced) and then a few days later snaps back to the previous range. I would be patient. Hard to do, understandably.

Reactions: adavid
VINdication this morning. Was really beginning to wonder. Now they want payment as I listed cash but since my 1/28 order, I've determined I'd rather invest, so was approved an auto loan from Stanford (60 months, 1.49%) and texted my SA(?) to figure out how to arrange payment directly from the Credit Union. I don't really have an SA, but I texted the last number that contacted me - no response yet.

Order date 1/28/21, RN 11442, VIN (what's useful?), MSM/black, 19, FSD, Minnesota

EDD now 5-11SEP (was 2-15SEP)

I got Oct. 17 - Nov. 1 EDD yesterday and got pushback all the way to Dec. 14 - Jan. 03 now. :mad: Anyone got this too?

Crap, that's horrible but the EDDs are mostly meaningless until you get a VIN, right. With my May 1 order and similar black interior 19", I am hesitating to check the Tesla site but I can't help myself. Just checked and my date held steady.

Good luck and I hope your EDD is another Tesla EDD mistake and that you get your car ahead of me since you ordered earlier (but not too much ahead).

Model S LR, MS/ black, 19", no FSD, ordered May 1, OC Cal, RN1148, EDD September 30 - October 20.

Same order date. I’ve been getting bumped in both directions every few days. It’s frustrating as hell, but there’s not much we can do.

I’m just scared that the car will show up during the one month I won’t be here to grab it…

I got pushed from Sep 22 - 30 to Oct 7 - 27.
My config is exactly same as yours, with a much later order date. Bay area as well.
Same order date. I’ve been getting bumped in both directions every few days. It’s frustrating as hell, but there’s not much we can do.

I’m just scared that the car will show up during the one month I won’t be here to grab it…
For what it is worth, here is what happen to another user.
Update on my Tesla account today…somehow it’s back to Est Delivery Sept 20-30. Yay! It was 9/20-9/30 for a couple weeks and then had changed to 10/6-10/20 a few days ago.
It went from 9/20 - 9/30 to 10/6 - 10/20 back to 9/20 - 9/30 within about five days.

@adavid your dates are much larger push, but this is just some analysis / previous situation to be aware of.

Reactions: Jet007
patt0n said:
I called Tesla yesterday proactively and set up my delivery date & time. I had to wait on hold for 27 minutes, but they were helpful. Call this number and follow the prompts for new car delivery/sales: 1 (888) 518-3752.
I followed your advice and called this morning. I talked to a very nice, knowledgeable and helpful young man. This was the result, almost immediately:

Delivery Appointment​

Sept. 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM
St. Louis-Chesterfield
16955 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005-1405

Many thanks for the advice.

I'm sorry for those who ordered before I did. It ain't fair, but I'm not going to reject the car.

Well…. I screwed up…
Had a RN from 4/3..:, had a EDD of first 2 weeks in sept…. Then I got cold feet and had my order placed on hold till next year…
Had the opportunity to check a plaid refresh first hand over the weekend and got re-energized..

so called today and reactivated my order…I guess I have fallen to the back of the line… SA said I can expect a delivery matching the website estimated dates of March/April 2022 ??!!… no actual dates on my order right now but that sucks… I guess on the plus side I get a 2022 car and didn’t loose my order price…

hopefully SA is wrong

Well…. I screwed up…
Had a RN from 4/3..:, had a EDD of first 2 weeks in sept…. Then I got cold feet and had my order placed on hold till next year…
Had the opportunity to check a plaid refresh first hand over the weekend and got re-energized..

so called today and reactivated my order…I guess I have fallen to the back of the line… SA said I can expect a delivery matching the website estimated dates of March/April 2022 ??!!… no actual dates on my order right now but that sucks… I guess on the plus side I get a 2022 car and didn’t loose my order price…

hopefully SA is wrong
Dont worry you probably get the car quicker then most of us here waiting since months 😎😎

• Funny
Reactions: cwanja