Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it is worth, here is what happen to another user.

It went from 9/20 - 9/30 to 10/6 - 10/20 back to 9/20 - 9/30 within about five days.

@adavid your dates are much larger push, but this is just some analysis / previous situation to be aware of.
Update:

I called my SA and told him about the month push back and he stated that on his end it shows mid Oct - Nov. He said disregard this big date change.

Reactions: cwanja
I called my SA and told him about the month push back and he stated that on his end it shows mid Oct - Nov. He said disregard this big date change.
I’m really jealous of you folks that get info from these reps, other than: “I just see what you see.” Clearly, that is not true. Some folks have gotten insight into build planning, etc. I’ve gotten zip.

Very glad to hear that you’re not heavily delayed though

Reactions: adavid
I completely agree. Looks outstanding. Well, my buyer literally just drove away in my 2017 MS75D. Hoping my Sept 8-20 EDD holds.....
Hope so! I sold my car when my original estimate was for October… then it moved to Feb so I am without a car for a bit longer than expected. Not ideal and I am sure my fiancé loves me using their car :rolleyes:. I’m new to Tesla so I didn’t know these delivery issues existed. Every other car I have ordered (BMW, Land Rover) had a fairly accurate production and delivery ETA. Oh well, live and learn.

Pick up today in two hours. DS just sent me this pic of the car being detailed for delivery.

65205160975__1BCC1645-BEAA-4A8E-BA5D-BE602112DD4D.jpeg

I too am waiting for this exact config... ordered 12/24/20 however, with 11/3-11/23/21 delivery (why so late??). Question how did the White/Cream/19 look?
That sucks, since I ordered 01/09/21. I thought it was gorgeous! Never really had any issue with the wheels. I don't honestly like the look of the 21's. Black trim makes it really sharp! Although once I realized it wasn't mine, I didn't scrutinize it.

Kinda surprised nobody has scooped this one up all day: 2021 Model S | Tesla

I was tempted, but the $10k price difference, on top of the upgrades in colors and wheels that I didn't choose, doesn't seem worth it to get it a couple months earlier. The color combo looks sharp though!

Edit: Holy cow, no wonder: $2,500 est. transport fee to get to Minnesota. Who woulda thought it's expensive to get a car from Hawaii :p

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cwanja
Ok I called and finally got to speak to someone, it was a strange feeling speaking to a Tesla Rep.... Probably cause in 9 months this was only the 2nd time that has happened. So I was told (not sure the accuracy). Car will arrive at our sales center on the 2nd in the evening after service closes then needs to be inspected (from what I've read it seems like that should take them a whole 2 minutes flat and it's on us the customer to do the real inspection) so to expect delivery before the long weekend.... And that is what the Tesla monkey has decided that my fate shall be for now, till the monkey changes it's mind. Also on the $2000 we should expect a refund but when and how the monkey did not know.
Maybe your car will start the flow of MSLR blue/cream 19”s 😁

Just picked up mine. :D A few issues. They fixed door gasket, headlight pushed in, frunk not aligned. Missing trunk well cover - on order. Wood has a scratch and inside door panel cloth has a white thread going down the middle.
Being new to Tesla with a MS LR on order, I guess your issues are kinda standard which I am amazed by which I question how they can pass QC, if there is any at this company. I've purchased dozens of cars thru the decades and this stuff at Tesla really shocks me...

Ok I called and finally got to speak to someone, it was a strange feeling speaking to a Tesla Rep.... Probably cause in 9 months this was only the 2nd time that has happened. So I was told (not sure the accuracy). Car will arrive at our sales center on the 2nd in the evening after service closes then needs to be inspected (from what I've read it seems like that should take them a whole 2 minutes flat and it's on us the customer to do the real inspection) so to expect delivery before the long weekend.... And that is what the Tesla monkey has decided that my fate shall be for now, till the monkey changes it's mind. Also on the $2000 we should expect a refund but when and how the monkey did not know.
When I walked in to the Peabody, MA center a couple days ago, with an EDD of 9/9 - 9/12, they looked me up and said the car would arrive on 9/7 and then immediately we set up a delivery date for 9/9. They actually offered me 9/7, but I'm not available, so they suggested 9/9 and I said fine. So you might be able to book a delivery appt. with your center.

As far as the $2K goes, they said they'd probably send out a check. That's fine with me.

Good luck, our (Blue LR cream/walnut/19s) time is almost upon us!

Being new to Tesla with a MS LR on order, I guess your issues are kinda standard which I am amazed by which I question how they can pass QC, if there is any at this company. I've purchased dozens of cars thru the decades and this stuff at Tesla really shocks me...
Oh just you wait until you get yours. Park your car in some bright sunlight to see where they missed spraying clear coat... happened to my dads M3 which I had to point out... Once you start arguing about panel gaps they will just go "well it meets our tolerances so...."

Oh just you wait until you get yours. Park your car in some bright sunlight to see where they missed spraying clear coat... happened to my dads M3 which I had to point out... Once you start arguing about panel gaps they will just go "well it meets our tolerances so...."
Reports on the latest MSs coming out of production are very favorable regarding quality. Have faith. First world problems....