Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what’s your EDD? mine is november 24 - december 22 in socal
2/3-3/3/2022....so that makes kind of zero sense. Same car, same order date, Vegas (which is basically SoCal-North). The only fly in the ointment: way back in June at EOQ they offered me a car super early, and I wasn't ready to take it. I wonder if that somehow pushed me to the back of the line.

Reactions: chrisdh79
I am Nov 3-Dec 1. Shared this earlier but went to a Tesla store this week and the associate there told me I was on the build plan for 3rd week of November. Based on that arrival up here December 3-10. So my guess is both of us will hit the window and…. Nothing will happen.
Thanks for the update. Nice to see another Blue/Cream 19" order set for end of November/beginning of December. Mine's RN1150 early June order set for Nov 21 - December 19

2/3-3/3/2022....so that makes kind of zero sense. Same car, same order date, Vegas (which is basically SoCal-North). The only fly in the ointment: way back in June at EOQ they offered me a car super early, and I wasn't ready to take it. I wonder if that somehow pushed me to the back of the line.
interesting. did they offer you your exact build in june? they offered me a black with cream interior at the EOQ3 which i turned down.

interesting. did they offer you your exact build in june? they offered me a black with cream interior at the EOQ3 which i turned down.
Yep, was on an earlier order that someone else had turned down. My delivery window was Sep-Oct at that time, so I just said I'd wait till then. Still, it's just a couple of months, and if I end up with a 2022 VIN that'll pay off for resale later on.

Here is some very unexpected update of my order

After I found out my EDD push to April, I called my supervisor that day, and here is what I got.

Because of our delivery center at costa mesa, it's moving to Irvine. The system will show that all the delivery at this location is not available anymore, and my order was one of them and got pushed to April. But my sales adviser told me it would update in a few weeks and back in December.

Right after this, I got a text from him saying he found a blue one available and asked me to decide if I wanted it or not immediately.

OF COURSE, I SAID YES!!

And now here I am driving an august ordered model s refresh.

The only downside is that I order cream and white, but the blue one is a black interior.

But after I pick up the car, I feel like a black interior is better.

So my total wait time from the order date is only 82 days. I know somebody will hate me for this, but Is still want to share these with everyone because I feel like Tesla is working hard on the production and adjusting the delivery. If not, I won't have this car during these crazy backorders. Also, I did tell my sales to give me anything you have. I'm open to any colors.

Considering the current situation, I'm pretty lucky, and I appreciate it a lot

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• DSC00491.jpg
    DSC00491.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 71
  • InkedDSC00490.jpg
    InkedDSC00490.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 63
  • InkedDSC00493.jpg
    InkedDSC00493.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 58
  • WeChat Image_20211031141840.jpg
    WeChat Image_20211031141840.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 59
I had to run one of the kids to the Natick Mall yesterday and stopped into the store to see if there was any insight they would provide. I pulled up the app to show them my RN, and the SA saw my 11/10 to 12/5 EDD and said "You'll likely get bumped back a few more times". Ugghhh. I asked about when I should apply for financing via a 3rd party, and he said once I receive a VIN, I'll have enough time to take care of it.
Whats your RN?

Here is some very unexpected update of my order

After I found out my EDD push to April, I called my supervisor that day, and here is what I got.

Because of our delivery center at costa mesa, it's moving to Irvine. The system will show that all the delivery at this location is not available anymore, and my order was one of them and got pushed to April. But my sales adviser told me it would update in a few weeks and back in December.

Right after this, I got a text from him saying he found a blue one available and asked me to decide if I wanted it or not immediately.

OF COURSE, I SAID YES!!

And now here I am driving an august ordered model s refresh.

The only downside is that I order cream and white, but the blue one is a black interior.

But after I pick up the car, I feel like a black interior is better.

So my total wait time from the order date is only 82 days. I know somebody will hate me for this, but Is still want to share these with everyone because I feel like Tesla is working hard on the production and adjusting the delivery. If not, I won't have this car during these crazy backorders. Also, I did tell my sales to give me anything you have. I'm open to any colors.

Considering the current situation, I'm pretty lucky, and I appreciate it a lot

Here are some pictures
There’s no question that everyone on this forum is incredibly jealous but also extremely happy for you. The car looks absolutely gorgeous and I hope you’re thoroughly enjoying it.

However, I’m not on board with the statement of “working hard on the production and adjusting the delivery”, when there are countless others with orders from 6-12 months ago that haven’t heard a peep from SA’s. Why would the SA have the option to offer an Aug order a different car before going to someone that has a March order?

Again, I’m a May order so I can’t imagine what those that ordered before me are thinking. I would not have taken this option because I’m set on my configuration, but being provided with an option based on order of RN would tell me that they are at least going in order. Of course I have no idea what specific reason they had to provide this option to you before others but this practice just seems wrong from all angles.

RN1151
Estimated Delivery: November 10 - November 14
White on White with 19" wheels.
Have my VIN, was told it was in transit, I've already paid for the car and they said I'll have it in that estimated timeframe.
I just can't.

Happy for you, but seriously, Wtf.