Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This afternoon, got a txt to schedule delivery… wtf.. already? Dude at the store said it would be at least a few weeks. Showed earliest delivery this Thursday… like crap.. it’s starting to seem real but doesn’t at the same time.. I set it for Saturday(latest) to ensure all ducks are in order. Now, I need to sell my performance model 3… fast. Waiting on tesla trade in… anywhere else i should try to get an appraisal?
Don't go through Tesla for a trade in. They give you the lowest value. 1. Carmax and 2. Carvana are the best way to go to maximize biggest profits.

Getting an electrician to call you back may not be the only problem. Supply chain issues may impact your options. I added a subpanel in my garage so I could support more than one EV, no 60 amp circuit breakers were available. Went with 50s instead. I can always upgrade later if I need to.
I installed my wall connector about a month ago and my electrician was telling me the same thing. He’s been buying up as much gear as he can, but like everywhere else, the supply chain is tight. Even just obtaining enough wire is tough.

I installed my wall connector about a month ago and my electrician was telling me the same thing. He’s been buying up as much gear as he can, but like everywhere else, the supply chain is tight. Even just obtaining enough wire is tough.
I installed my wall charger in September when I actually thought I would get the car in October. My electrician was able to get supplies, but he warned me when I got his quote that he could only guarantee the price for a week as the cost of cable and conduit was going crazy. I had a 75 foot run outside to my driveway. I wish I had a garage, but that's a first world problem. I'm just grateful to have a private house with a driveway.

Don't go through Tesla for a trade in. They give you the lowest value. 1. Carmax and 2. Carvana are the best way to go to maximize biggest profits.
Just priced this out and can confirm. Tesla is offering me $31,500 for my car, which I thought was pretty generous. Now that my delivery is coming up I got a quote from Carvana and it’s close to $35,000. Had I known my car would have increased so much in value during my wait, I might have splurged for the arachnids!

Last edited:
Just priced this out and can confirm. Tesla is offering me $31,500 for my car, which I thought was pretty generous. Now that my delivery is coming up I got a quote from Carvana and it’s close to $35,000. Had I known my car would have increased so much in value during my wait, I might have splurged for the arachnids!
Yeah Carvana is nuts...my wife got a new rav4 hybrid in April for $38.5 OTD and Carvana just offered $44.1 for it!!

Reactions: Vinny860 and EVTag
If you want to release a VIN and place order slightly on hold (waiting for 2022), is it better to do so right after VIN assignment or when you get the automated text to schedule delivery a week later?
Probably at any point. Tesla would have probably appreciated knowing you did not want the car before they shipped it to your location, but they can work to re-assign it.

I GOT A VIN!!!!!!!! EDD now states 11/28-12/2!!
Wow! The VINs are rolling!!
car.gif