Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blue is beautiful. :)

Just a note that proactive deliveries are not always made. Quite a few forum members heard crickets for weeks or months, and had to make a service appointment to get their missing parts.
Did someone say, “crickets”?!

762471B5-AF6D-4A77-8A6D-F95A73E08CF6.gif

Another data point for all who are waiting / trying to predict...
Config: Model S LR, Blue, 19" (no other options selected)
Ordered: July 19, 2021
Delivered: Nov 23, 2021

Original ETA was Oct 2021, but the ETA bounced all over the place, sometimes out as far as March 2022.
1 week before delivery, ETA still said Jan 28 to Feb 23
On Nov 17, it updated to Nov 20 to Dec 1

Best of luck and happy driving!
I ordered 10 days after you. My edd recently changed to a similar mid January to mid February range. Maybe I will see it this year after all...

Has anyone purchased the 20” rims from TSportline? They have 20x10 all the way around? Does this affect anything with factory setting being staggered? Are they all the same tires? Will this cause any issues?

…I know nothing about cars. Wondering if it’s better to go with aftermarket 20s that are all the same size (cheaper, able to rotate them, etc). Just want to make sure there won’t be any issues.

Reactions: Ormond
Has anyone purchased the 20” rims from TSportline? They have 20x10 all the way around? Does this affect anything with factory setting being staggered? Are they all the same tires? Will this cause any issues?

…I know nothing about cars. Wondering if it’s better to go with aftermarket 20s that are all the same size (cheaper, able to rotate them, etc). Just want to make sure there won’t be any issues.
@Hayseed_MS did you go with 20”s from TSportline?

Only thing I can imagine it will mess with is the range. There’s no way to select 20” wheels from the settings, so the range will be slightly less than what you would get from 19s. Will be different tires you need for 20s. Buy them from TSportline.

Surely smarter folks than I will chime in, but FWIW….
The TSportline packages are a good, turnkey solution to put a ready to go good seasonal wheel replacement (winter or AS). I bought a TSportline 20” square setup (I.e. all 10” width) for my 2021 MYP with AS tires to replace the staggered 21” performance OEM 21” Uberturbine setup that comes with that rig. It looks really good and my wife loves it.

I’m not doing the same thing with the MS (which, fingers crossed, has an EDD of Dec 6 - Dec 20). Why?

- Replacing the staggered setup on the MS (either 19” or 21”) will change the stance of the car because the offsets are different in the front and rear. The rear wheel will be recessed in just a bit and the front will poke out just a touch. You might not notice or care but that’s one thing to know.

- The TSportline wheels are higher quality flow forged vs either of the cast OEM wheels on the MS I think. (They also sell forged wheels….those are the pricier, much lighter and stronger ones but I’m assuming you’re looking at the square flow forged packages). Note: They do not give you TPMS in those packages…I blew it there bc I didn’t read carefully.

- I think you’ll see a bit of range reduction vs 19” but I’ll bet it’s not that much. Would be a range improvement from arachnids I think bc it’s lighter and has smaller diameter.

- I ordered 19” forged wheels (not flow forged) for my Blk/Blk/19/no FSD MSLR (same config as you!). Here’s why I did it but this is just an area where the rule of the road is “You Do You” so take this however you like….

- Relatively economical. I ordered 19” Martian MW-05 for $3,690 (including delivery and no sales tax here in NY). This allows me to keep the Continental AS tires that are shipping with my car as well as the TPMS which saves a bunch of money and hassle.

- Personal, practical preference: I prefer 19” wheels with more sidewall (vs 20” or 21”) here in real world driving in the potholes and slush of the northeast. Again, that’s my personal view. To each his, her or their own. (They also make an identical MW-05 20” variant for $4,200/set.)

- Forged vs Flow forged vs Cast: I’m not a Plaid guy at the track I’m just a humble MSLR guy on the road, but a fully forged wheel is still the single easiest and most economical performance upgrade that can be made for a car which still has some serious launch and cornering, etc. Wheel is Lighter, stronger, etc. (I would love to get some comments agreeing or disagreeing with me on this so please go for it people!)

- I love the look. Maybe you will too.

- Customer service at Martian Wheels was excellent. The owner Drew responded to my calls and an email. Promised late Nov to early Dec ship date on my pre-order and, unlike Tesla, nailed the delivery date. They shipped out yesterday so I’ll have them ready to go on car day!

Bottom line is I’m out of pocket a little less than I’d be out of pocket shopping the TSportline Black Friday sale by just using my OEM 19” tires and the TPMS on my new fully forged 19” wheels vs a full new flow forged 20” setup.

Attachments

• 512E6B5F-0DBD-4736-A91D-E0A51C7985EA.jpeg
    512E6B5F-0DBD-4736-A91D-E0A51C7985EA.jpeg
    321.8 KB · Views: 64
The TSportline packages are a good, turnkey solution to put a ready to go good seasonal wheel replacement (winter or AS). I bought a TSportline 20” square setup (I.e. all 10” width) for my 2021 MYP with AS tires to replace the staggered 21” performance OEM 21” Uberturbine setup that comes with that rig. It looks really good and my wife loves it.

I’m not doing the same thing with the MS (which, fingers crossed, has an EDD of Dec 6 - Dec 20). Why?

- Replacing the staggered setup on the MS (either 19” or 21”) will change the stance of the car because the offsets are different in the front and rear. The rear wheel will be recessed in just a bit and the front will poke out just a touch. You might not notice or care but that’s one thing to know.

- The TSportline wheels are higher quality flow forged vs either of the cast OEM wheels on the MS I think. (They also sell forged wheels….those are the pricier, much lighter and stronger ones but I’m assuming you’re looking at the square flow forged packages). Note: They do not give you TPMS in those packages…I blew it there bc I didn’t read carefully.

- I think you’ll see a bit of range reduction vs 19” but I’ll bet it’s not that much. Would be a range improvement from arachnids I think bc it’s lighter and has smaller diameter.

- I ordered 19” forged wheels (not flow forged) for my Blk/Blk/19/no FSD MSLR (same config as you!). Here’s why I did it but this is just an area where the rule of the road is “You Do You” so take this however you like….

- Relatively economical. I ordered 19” Martian MW-05 for $3,690 (including delivery and no sales tax here in NY). This allows me to keep the Continental AS tires that are shipping with my car as well as the TPMS which saves a bunch of money and hassle.

- Personal, practical preference: I prefer 19” wheels with more sidewall (vs 20” or 21”) here in real world driving in the potholes and slush of the northeast. Again, that’s my personal view. To each his, her or their own. (They also make an identical MW-05 20” variant for $4,200/set.)

- Forged vs Flow forged vs Cast: I’m not a Plaid guy at the track I’m just a humble MSLR guy on the road, but a fully forged wheel is still the single easiest and most economical performance upgrade that can be made for a car which still has some serious launch and cornering, etc. Wheel is Lighter, stronger, etc. (I would love to get some comments agreeing or disagreeing with me on this so please go for it people!)

- Customer service at Martian Wheels was excellent. The owner Drew responded to my calls and an email. Promised late Nov to early Dec ship date on my pre-order and, unlike Tesla, nailed the delivery date. They shipped out yesterday so I’ll have them ready to go on car day!

Bottom line is I’m out of pocket a little less than I’d be out of pocket shopping the TSportline Black Friday sale by just using my OEM 19” tires and the TPMS on my new fully forged 19” wheels vs a full new flow forged 20” setup.
Something else to consider about the square setup - as you mentioned the front wheels will poke out more. Because if this and the 285 tires, you will be more likely to get more rocks thrown down the side of your car since the tread will be sticking out more. Not sure how much of a difference it will really make but just something to consider.

I wish Martian had pics of the 19s on the new S. The 20s look great in the pics.

Very informative response. Thanks!

Will the factory 19” TPMS sensors not work on larger wheels? I just assumed they could be transferred over.

Reactions: cwanja and Ormond
Very informative response. Thanks!

Will the factory 19” TPMS sensors not work on larger wheels? I just assumed they could be transferred over.
Yes I believe you’re right that the TPMS will work but if you order a wheel/tire package you will need to un-mount and then re-mount the tires to get the TPMS valve stem in there. Then you’ll have a 19” set of Tempest wheels without TPMS to sell or to store.

Yes I believe you’re right that the TPMS will work but if you order a wheel/tire package you will need to un-mount and then re-mount the tires to get the TPMS valve stem in there. Then you’ll have a 19” set of Tempest wheels without TPMS to sell or to store.
Very informative post. So, are you thinking range will go down with these wheels compared to stock 19’s? Thanks!

Very informative post. So, are you thinking range will go down with these wheels compared to stock 19’s? Thanks!
I believe that range on MW-05 forged 19” wheels which are almost 4lbs lighter per corner will extend range, but I do not know yet and for me that wasn’t a driver of my decision (no pun intended). Range is a function of a bunch of aerodynamics. For me the plastic Tempest wheel cover was a non starter and a hundred bucks says I’ll outlast a Tempest-equipped MSLR down I-95 from NY to Palm Beach if anyone wants to give it a go!

Reactions: Vinny860
@Hayseed_MS did you go with 20”s from TSportline?

Only thing I can imagine it will mess with is the range. There’s no way to select 20” wheels from the settings, so the range will be slightly less than what you would get from 19s. Will be different tires you need for 20s. Buy them from TSportline.

Yes I went for. The OEM 21 to the Tsportline square 20" setup with 285 wide.

Front pokes approx 0.2-0.4" more. Not visually noticeable. Does not throw anymore rocks down the side. If anything it is less but I think that is due to switching from a stickier compound to A/S.

Rear is exactly same poke but moves 10mm away on inside. So no difference there.

Overall diameters are slightly smaller in front and same in rear.

Depending on which GPS used, Speedo is off maybe 1mph at 80mph. Left car setting on 21 - that way if range is off it will err on side of caution.

Tesla had in for service and checked it out and said the setup was fine.

The only thing I would have like to have done different is a slightly narrower front. The 285 does not hurt anything but maybe a tad of drag and noise.