Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you lurk on these pages long enough you will learn about the theory of the robotic monkey Tesla uses to assign cars. It follows no known laws of nature, physics or whatever. It does follow the laws of chaos which by definition are not laws.
The monkey is clearly prioritizing post-price hike deliveries. Which is both infuriating and sleazy.

Got a VIN since last Sunday but EDD shows TBD. Not sure if they are waiting for the full payment before setting up the delivery date.
I have a VIN and a delivery date. The Tesla app won’t let me make the final payment yet. I looked under completed tasks and my price was updated with the California $750 rebate and the pre-refresh discount. I suspect that the car needs to be delivered to the delivery center and “inspected” before final payment is allowed.

I could use some advice from the brain trust. I finally got the text to schedule delivery of my car! They want to do home delivery. Is that a bad idea since I won’t be able to inspect the interior, or should I just do it? I highly doubt I’d reject the car unless there’s something egregious that can’t be fixed.

Also, should I go for the first available delivery date or wait an extra two days to have it delivered on my birthday? 🤪

(As an aside for anyone dealing with DCU, they’ve been pretty slow, so I may just have to punt on financing the car and pay cash. I don’t really want to delay delivery because DCU can’t get its act together.)
DCU was kinda slow, and EXTREMELY hard to get ahold of anyone. That said, it was super simple, and I had a cashiers check in hand 6 days after applying, and that included a weekend in between. They offered to send it directly to Tesla, which I'm sure works, but I'm just so paranoid with how sloppy everything else has been.

I have a VIN and a delivery date. The Tesla app won’t let me make the final payment yet. I looked under completed tasks and my price was updated with the California $750 rebate and the pre-refresh discount. I suspect that the car needs to be delivered to the delivery center and “inspected” before final payment is allowed.
You won't be able to pay if your financing till your delivery date is set. At least that's what happened with me. Then final docs apparently 48 hours before delivery.