Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
^ So I wrote 5 days ago. No surprise that I still do not have an EDD.

But by some insane twist of fate and perhaps seasonal divine intervention, I logged into the app tonight to find a VIN! In-FREAKING-credible! NF460, no less. 173 days seeing nothing but "TBD" and now a VIN of my own.

I had psyched myself into accepting the car would be an April 2022 birthday present, but instead this will be an all-time great Christmas. Peace going out to those of you with older RNs who are still waiting. It seems the factory is in high gear, so hang in there.
Congrats! What a nice preholiday surprise.

My EDD range narrowed again today. Hopefully a VIN is coming soon. Here's my recent activity:
11/23 EDD = 12/1 - 12/31 (four week span)
12/02 EDD = 12/9 - 12/31 (three week span)
12/03 EDD = 12/5 - 12/14 (10 day span)
Mine went from 12/6 14 Day window to 1/7 28 day window. I have lost all interest in this now. Happy I am enjoying my 528 fit/finish/smooth ride etc....
Hopefully your's stick to the 12/5 window.

The discussion about summer tires has been super informative, especially for the uninitiated like me. Thank you. I'm in the Bay Area of California but I spend a lot of time in Tahoe, so I bounce between moderate weather and cold weather. The SAs I was working with assured me that my car would be delivered with all season tires, but of course it came with the Pirelli summers.

I called my SC today and, shockingly, they volunteered to swap out my tires for the all seasons at no cost--I just have to wait a few weeks. Now my dilemma is what to do if I want to go to Tahoe before Tesla does the swap. I really don't want to drive my 2013 S85 out there again. It requires a 45 minute charging stop.

Why not just swap the wheels and tires from your 2013 S85 for the trip?

1638559257460.png

Hmm...have my VIN now for a few days and my EDD starts today Dec 3-11, but no contact from Tesla to schedule a delivery. 🤔
Until the car is on its way to the delivery center or there, you likely will not hear from them. If you are friendly with someone there, you could get a tentative date. But just know even that could move due to logistics.

I was four days into my window before I was able to schedule and it was tentative as the car was still on its way to the delivery center.

Took delivery Wednesday night. The car is magnificent. We had a small hiccup at the SC. During the inspection and preparation for delivery, the service shop somehow got a nail in the tire and scratched the front fascia on the drivers side. Luckily they were able to swap out the tire and a new fascia is ordered and to be installed mid-December. The ppl at the SC in Rocklin, CA said they are expecting 2,000 cars to be delivered in December. The service center must be swamped and these guys got a little sloppy.

An inspection of the rest of the car resulted in very few problems. The fit and finish is much better than we expected. The "worm" in the yoke from the airbag seam is barely visible. One very small ripple in the trim along the door seal. Paint looks great. As a woman, my only small complaint it that the yoke isn't really made for smaller hands, especially at the top corners of the yoke. Love it. Hope you all have the pleasure real soon.

RN11518, ordered 6/20/21/ MSLR red/cream/19"/no FSD, Delivered 12/1/21, VIN NF460XXX
IMG_4615.jpg

Took delivery Wednesday night. The car is magnificent. We had a small hiccup at the SC. During the inspection and preparation for delivery, the service shop somehow got a nail in the tire and scratched the front fascia on the drivers side. Luckily they were able to swap out the tire and a new fascia is ordered and to be installed mid-December. The ppl at the SC in Rocklin, CA said they are expecting 2,000 cars to be delivered in December. The service center must be swamped and these guys got a little sloppy.

An inspection of the rest of the car resulted in very few problems. The fit and finish is much better than we expected. The "worm" in the yoke from the airbag seam is barely visible. One very small ripple in the trim along the door seal. Paint looks great. As a woman, my only small complaint it that the yoke isn't really made for smaller hands, especially at the top corners of the yoke. Love it. Hope you all have the pleasure real soon.

RN11518, ordered 6/20/21/ MSLR red/cream/19"/no FSD, Delivered 12/1/21, VIN NF460XXX
View attachment 740265
Looks great. Rocklin, while very very busy, has been great with any small issues here and there.
I agree with the Yoke - its _very_ chonky.

No VIN no info.

However, I did drop off our ‘22 M3P for some post-delivery adjustments at the SC. Struck up a conversation with the SA who is also waiting for a MSLR. He looked into my record and the only thing he is able/willing to tell me is the “you will definitely get it this month.” Nothing more specific than that even though I pressed. 😂😂😂

Vin just now. Same edd dec 4-13.