Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the text message last night with the link to schedule delivery. I chose the earliest appointment slot which was tomorrow. Today, I received three text messages in this order, informing me:

1. To confirm my appointment for tomorrow, Sunday,
  2. That my car hasn't arrived yet and so my appointment was rescheduled for Wednesday,
  3. That my car has arrived but they need more time to "inspect" the vehicle
They really haven't put much effort into a streamlined delivery process, have they?

This morning, EDD was holding at 12/05 - 12/14. I logged in again around noon and saw this. Yippee!!! 🤩

New EDD is 12/04 - 12/10 with a NF460 VIN. I've got lots to do in the next couple of days to finalize sale of current car, financing, insurance etc. These are nice problems to have. 😊 I hope this is a sign of what's soon to come for the rest of you who've been waiting so long.
Great news on another California delivery. Congratulations to ya!

Was preparing for my whirlwind delivery on Monday when my bank reopened, but then I spoke to a Tesla rep this morning and he confirmed all they need is the Dealer Funding Request guaranteeing payment, which I had, so pick-up was rescheduled for tomorrow, Sunday. 😀 And then... 😟
Got a call about 3PM today from the dealer to say they were prepping my car and discovered the trunk/hatchback isn't closing correctly. They asked for a couple more days to fix it.
I'm not really upset. Most of all, I want a perfect car and if 2 days will do that, it's worth it. Moreover, this solidifies for me the car is factory fresh without any secret rejection backstory.

Although...the odometer disclosure says 15 miles. Is that typical of the other cars people have been getting?

• Helpful
Reactions: rdmdriving
6 months after ordering (almost exactly) picked up my 2021 MSM MSLR today. Definitely a no frills experience: walked in, dropped off cashiers check, they told me to go outside and look for it. My phone app automatically switched to be connected to the car. Took me a few minutes walking around to realize that the doors wouldn't automatically open (this is is my first Tesla), and with the key cards/fobs being in the car wasn't sure what to do. Finally figured out I could unlock from the app.

Either I'm not as picky as other people, or I'm just super lucky. I can't find anything I'm unhappy with. Rubber on the frunk near the wipers is a little floppy, there was the most minor scuff on the drivers seat, other than that it's perfect. I see what people say about the doors needing a little more force to close. I'm in, doors are shut, but the car still thinks they're open. I've had a few hiccups with the UI freezing/rebooting, etc., but I assume that'll get better.

This car is...amazing. It's fast, it's fun, it's easy to drive, lots of little things to fiddle with. Smooth ride, yoke is fun (given a choice I'd take steering wheel and stalks, but this is fine;). Overall, as they say, 100% worth the wait.
IMG_1491b.jpg

6 months after ordering (almost exactly) picked up my 2021 MSM MSLR today. Definitely a no frills experience: walked in, dropped off cashiers check, they told me to go outside and look for it...
Sam, you're generous to call that "no frills." I heard the 1-on-1 concierge deliveries are a COVID causality, but that "gimme the check; ok, have a nice day; bye." treatment is a shame. They should not act like they did you a favor by allowing you to buy their car.

Delighted to see a flood of deliveries and VIN assignments in the last week.

My own order is holding at Dec 10-31 (3 week window), and no VIN.

Haven't been this close to an EDD before, but fully expecting a push to Feb, especially in light of Elon's admonition against an EOQ rush.

Same config except for 19” wheels, same EDD. They must have a batch of blue / cream in the oven. I hope we both get them soon!

Reactions: rdmdriving
Was preparing for my whirlwind delivery on Monday when my bank reopened, but then I spoke to a Tesla rep this morning and he confirmed all they need is the Dealer Funding Request guaranteeing payment, which I had, so pick-up was rescheduled for tomorrow, Sunday. 😀 And then... 😟
Got a call about 3PM today from the dealer to say they were prepping my car and discovered the trunk/hatchback isn't closing correctly. They asked for a couple more days to fix it.
I'm not really upset. Most of all, I want a perfect car and if 2 days will do that, it's worth it. Moreover, this solidifies for me the car is factory fresh without any secret rejection backstory.

Although...the odometer disclosure says 15 miles. Is that typical of the other cars people have been getting?
My disclosure said 15, but when I picked it up, it was at 3. I think I put another 3 on it driving around the mall parking lot making sure I was comfortable enough with the yoke before getting on the highway.

My odometer was 15 miles.

Picked up today and this car is something else! I am dissatisfied with the build quality and I have multiple issues that need attention:

Seat bolster wrinkled

Yoke with worm in the center.

Interior fabric on roof panel not fully set/glued down

Interior rubber seals misaligned

Rear window glass distortion

Missing privacy shelf in trunk

Crack in wood trim

Whistling wind noise at speed

Clunk/thud in suspension when going over speed bumps

Most recent of these are minor and will be easy to fix. But Tesla needs to do better!

The discussion about summer tires has been super informative, especially for the uninitiated like me. Thank you. I'm in the Bay Area of California but I spend a lot of time in Tahoe, so I bounce between moderate weather and cold weather. The SAs I was working with assured me that my car would be delivered with all season tires, but of course it came with the Pirelli summers.

I called my SC today and, shockingly, they volunteered to swap out my tires for the all seasons at no cost--I just have to wait a few weeks. Now my dilemma is what to do if I want to go to Tahoe before Tesla does the swap. I really don't want to drive my 2013 S85 out there again. It requires a 45 minute charging stop.
Just drive the new car and report back--you won't have much to report except for poor traction on snow, which is 100% expected.

Your tires won't explode....

Yipee! I checked at 10:00pm no VIN. Checked again at 2:30am VIN 5YJSA1E5XNF460xxx Estimated Delivery: December 15 - December 21! I have time to arrange insurance and loan as needed. I guess Elon read my last message. 😂 There is a wizard behind the curtain.
Another Blk/cream 19 VIN in Midwest. Awesome!! Congrats. I hope mine gets delivered soon.

Ceramic paint protection done! 80 miles of driving done. What a dream car. Good luck to everyone waiting, it's worth the wait! A huge THANKS to all of you on this forum during the last 9 months. Kept me sane, and you all provided a lot of valuable advice, and a LOT of laughs!
View attachment 740606View attachment 740607View attachment 740608View attachment 740609
Any idea what effect the rear spoiler has on drag or wind noise? It's so low on this car, I don't want to worsen it just for something that looks good. Is it added to the plaids for any functional purpose? The cd figure given by Tesla does not differentiate between the LR and Plaid models.