Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6 months after ordering (almost exactly) picked up my 2021 MSM MSLR today. Definitely a no frills experience: walked in, dropped off cashiers check, they told me to go outside and look for it. My phone app automatically switched to be connected to the car. Took me a few minutes walking around to realize that the doors wouldn't automatically open (this is is my first Tesla), and with the key cards/fobs being in the car wasn't sure what to do. Finally figured out I could unlock from the app.

Either I'm not as picky as other people, or I'm just super lucky. I can't find anything I'm unhappy with. Rubber on the frunk near the wipers is a little floppy, there was the most minor scuff on the drivers seat, other than that it's perfect. I see what people say about the doors needing a little more force to close. I'm in, doors are shut, but the car still thinks they're open. I've had a few hiccups with the UI freezing/rebooting, etc., but I assume that'll get better.

This car is...amazing. It's fast, it's fun, it's easy to drive, lots of little things to fiddle with. Smooth ride, yoke is fun (given a choice I'd take steering wheel and stalks, but this is fine;). Overall, as they say, 100% worth the wait.
View attachment 740734
Stunningly beautiful car. Love MSM and can't wait to take delivery of my own MSM LR MS hopefully later this month.

6 more days!!!!

Attachments

• 8E23812C-874C-4254-A72E-26BD1947A1D7.png
    8E23812C-874C-4254-A72E-26BD1947A1D7.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 89
Picked up today and this car is something else! I am dissatisfied with the build quality and I have multiple issues that need attention:

Seat bolster wrinkled

Yoke with worm in the center.

Interior fabric on roof panel not fully set/glued down

Interior rubber seals misaligned

Rear window glass distortion

Missing privacy shelf in trunk

Crack in wood trim

Whistling wind noise at speed

Clunk/thud in suspension when going over speed bumps

Most recent of these are minor and will be easy to fix. But Tesla needs to do better!
Did you get all season 19s?

• Informative
Reactions: rdmdriving
Have now had my S LR for a week. Fantastic car but I miss a few things I had on my 2015 S 70 D. No longer a power consumption trend and no trip estimated power consumption. The 15 Autopilot had auto lane change with blinker 21 not. Also had summons for pulling out of tight spots and parking 21 not. The increased acceleration and range definitely replace the lost of function from the 15. Only delivery issues I could find was missing bootleg trunk cover and some minor scuffs on the rear blinker lenses. Also after of a week of the key flob working then not working then working the not I found the 2330 battery weak/dead.

Have now had my S LR for a week. Fantastic car but I miss a few things I had on my 2015 S 70 D. No longer a power consumption trend and no trip estimated power consumption. The 15 Autopilot had auto lane change with blinker 21 not. Also had summons for pulling out of tight spots and parking 21 not. The increased acceleration and range definitely replace the lost of function from the 15. Only delivery issues I could find was missing bootleg trunk cover and some minor scuffs on the rear blinker lenses. Also after of a week of the key flob working then not working then working the not I found the 2330 battery weak/dead.
I assume the power and trip things will come back in software updates. I'm hoping they offer up "enhanced autopilot" again, since that would get me 90% of what I'd want (like summon and auto lane change to my knowledge). This will be my first Tesla though, so I have nothing to compare it to!

I sure will be glad when all you RN1147, 48, 49, 50, 51, and 52 people get your cars so that we RN1153s can start getting ours! :)
RN1151 OD 6/10 and still waiting. My EDD window starts tomorrow and I know well that i won't get my car for easily two weeks as I don't have a VIN yet. Last week when I checked with my delivery advisor I was informed that most probably I will get my car in the last week in Dec. Why EOQ push on the East coast? I believe it when I get my VIN and delivery window.

I really have no idea. Any additional drag is really of no concern to me. And I can tell you that the driving noise in this car is minimal. Super quiet cabin. Much quieter than my model S 2017
I feel like the wind noise driving is a little louder than I expected, at least at higher speeds (70+). I know some people have said something about wind by the drivers side window, but I'm not sure. Anyone else notice this?

I’m an RN1153 and my EDD is Dec 23-31 but I’m not sure how much I believe that given that last week it said end of March/early April - here’s hoping it’s right but still. Blue S LR w/ white interior and 21” wheels (though I’m starting to regret the choice of 21s based on what everyone’s been saying about ride quality, haha)

My delivery got pushed...because Tesla said that they are having transport issues... Thanks for waiting until the last day Tesla... I had a narrow window becasue of travel, so thankfully instead of moving out a day, for which they wanted to do, Tesla just pushed to later in the day... So far, although a bit unconventional because of the way Tesla conducts business, and clearly because of the inability to project accurate delivery dates, things are moving along and hopefully I'll finally get in my ride tomorrow evening. Then I have Carvana coming to pick-up my current vehicle and I drop the Tesla off for tinting, PPF and some other work...