Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car, I think it’s just a crapshoot
Judging by your order you have a point. Mine is white on white and because of the white seats its been delayed. But again some confirmed in the forums here that someone paid the price increase on the LR just so they can get their Model S LR sooner. I didn't do it because it would have been almost $10,000 more than my original down payment I originally got approved for. Essentially a waste of $10,000 just to get it a couple months before. This was back in August.

Reactions: Greeney
oh no! That has to suck major elon D! So what was the warning or messages you got on the display? Also congrats on your order!
Thanks. The first clue was no auto shift out of park. No messages, just wouldn't do it. Then when in AP I tried to change lanes using the signal, and it said auto lane change not available, ultrasonic sensors not communicating. I'm hoping a range can be sent out ASAP, but I can't even schedule it in the app as I have service scheduled for the driver's display (glass has tiny fissures in it at the bottom). Sigh

Thanks. The first clue was no auto shift out of park. No messages, just wouldn't do it. Then when in AP I tried to change lanes using the signal, and it said auto lane change not available, ultrasonic sensors not communicating. I'm hoping a range can be sent out ASAP, but I can't even schedule it in the app as I have service scheduled for the driver's display (glass has tiny fissures in it at the bottom). Sigh
Add it to that service appointment and send them a message.

Reactions: JPInnovative
oh no! That has to suck major elon D! So what was the warning or messages you got on the display? Also congrats on your order!
Thanks. The first clue was no auto shift out of park. No messages, just wouldn't do it. Then when in AP I tried to change lanes using the signal, and it said auto lane change not available, ultrasonic sensors not communicating. I'm hoping a range can be sent out ASAP, but I can't even schedule it in the app as I have service scheduled for the driver's display (glass has tiny fissures in it at the bottom).
Add it to that service appointment and send them a message.
For the life of me, I can't find a way to add to it, but I did send them a message on my existing one. I'll try calling first thing tomorrow, too

Here's more in the continuing saga of my experience following delivery of my 2022 Model S.
While my impressions are not at all scientific, the first iteration of Active Road Noise Reduction (ARNR) seems very good. It finished calibrating on a rainy day and the difference was noticeable. For me, it produced a more refined driving experience with overall road noise muffled. I suspect its greatest impact is on tire-related noise. I'll be curious to read if others have a similar experience.

Here are a couple of photos showing what to expect as it shows up in your car's audio settings. In the photos you will see its “calibration” vs. “active” modes so you know what to look for.

Since I didn't know what to watch for, I don't know how long the calibration process took. Another unknown is whether ARNR had to recalibrate following my recent system reboot. My impression is that it did recalibrate.

View attachment 744283View attachment 744284
HOW DID YOU GET THIS? Mine is still grayed out!

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Finally picked up my car today!!!! Didn't find anything wrong. Everything opened and closed with no problems, panels were perfect. Delivery went smoothly. I Am missing the trunk covers but should have them in a week. Car is at spa getting PPF and tint. Autopilot cameras calibrated pretty quickly on the way to the Detail Shop. Yoke is awesome!!!! Good luck to everyone still waiting- It is worth the wait!!!

Honestly at this point, would rather wait til the retool w/ the new tail lights/trunk that's inevitably coming.
I hear ya, but who knows if it is real, and when it will be. Like the MF vs NF vin, I would want the NF if a December delivery, but if I had a chance to get my sS in say, June, Erasmus wait till December for an NF, I’d have jumped and grabbed the MF.
even if the revisions are real for the US, would you reject a car in say, March, if you leaned the new taillights we’re coming in November?
I think it’s like computers, other than Covid shortages, the old normal was prices always dropped, and computers always got more powerful. So you had to decide when to bite the bullet and jump in if you needed a pc.

Someone pointed out here the fact that a VIN is stumped on several parts of the car including some that are not easily accessible. Whereas it is a reasonable argument that VINs are assigned to a buyer after the car is produced, it is unlikely that a car would be produced prior to it being assigned a VIN
No argument. The car has the vin. At some point the monkey assigns it to a purchaser.

My EDD was December 23-31, today it moved to February 11-March 11. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sorry to hear that. I suspect they today gave up on getting cars to your part of East Coast in Q4. I am in Cal and only 30 miles from Fremont factory and my EDD is still Dec 22- Dec 31. Of course, my speculation could be totally wrong. Sure feels like a crapshoot most of the time!