Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How can you tell if it was damaged (or is that all the cars from MF430)?
Telsa called me at 8:58PM last night. Offering me the car. Sasid they would honor my old price but charge me $3500 for paint and interior color (Blue/Cream) but give me a 3K credit so I'd be looking at a net $500 increase. Then he tells me the car has been damaged and repaired at an "approved facility". So they wanted to sell me a new, albeit damaged car for $500 more than my order. I saw the car today and it has some issues but I will not take a damaged car for $500 over my current price if anything, just on principle. That's stupid (IMO) and a ripoff Tesla is pushing.

If I were leasing, I might have felt a little differently but seriously, you are not really discounting the car. I told them I'm not buying a damaged "new" car without a significant price reduction. They said, 'no bueno' so I left.

Car from the bastard lot (MF430) with damage to hood and fender and they wanted me to buy it for $500 over my current price. Honestly, I'm beyond disappointed that they would expect someone to take the car like that. So my wait continues....

One of the YouTube channels shows the unit being dismantled. No motor(s) behind the display. So, more than a software change.
Yup, that's what I remember seeing as well.

I'll take the new taillights over the tilted display. In my 3, the screen was less than an arm's length away and the viewing angle was never an issue. Add that the S has the more traditional binnacle behind the yoke makes the tilted screen kinda superfluous.

Reactions: VikH and Davidrun2B
Telsa called me at 8:58PM last night. Offering me the car. Sasid they would honor my old price but charge me $3500 for paint and interior color (Blue/Cream) but give me a 3K credit so I'd be looking at a net $500 increase. Then he tells me the car has been damaged and repaired at an "approved facility". So they wanted to sell me a new, albeit damaged car for $500 more than my order. I saw the car today and it has some issues but I will not take a damaged car for $500 over my current price if anything, just on principle. That's stupid (IMO) and a ripoff Tesla is pushing.

If I were leasing, I might have felt a little differently but seriously, you are not really discounting the car. I told them I'm not buying a damaged "new" car without a significant price reduction. They said, 'no bueno' so I left.

Car from the bastard lot (MF430) with damage to hood and fender and they wanted me to buy it for $500 over my current price. Honestly, I'm beyond disappointed that they would expect someone to take the car like that. So my wait continues....
In all honesty, ignoring that it was a damaged car, the $500 was for extras you did not buy. So, it was not that you were paying more. But, like you, to buy a 2021 model year that had paint repairs they would have to give me a substantial discount - I'd say at least a $10K discount or so. If they wanted to offer me a Plaid from that batch, at $10K - $15K off the original cost (not the cost today), I would be tempted (assuming a decent repair job and the title is not noted as "salvage"). I bet a number of us would take that deal too....

Yup, that's what I remember seeing as well.

I'll take the new taillights over the tilted display. In my 3, the screen was less than an arm's length away and the viewing angle was never an issue. Add that the S has the more traditional binnacle behind the yoke makes the tilted screen kinda superfluous.
Agreed. And more than likely another source of rattles. Na.

Well, we've all had a lot of time on our hands. EDD jump around and can't really be trusted until the EDD window shrinks to 10 days or less. Until then it is just a very rough estimate (enter chaos monkey). Once your EDD window is 10 days are less you have a better chance. Once it is down to a week, VIN usually comes soon. Once you get a VIN is usually happens very quickly. Usually.
Yea gives me hope. RB1145 ordered Feb 17 window all ova the place. Now at 1/5-1-18

Yea gives me hope. RB1145 ordered Feb 17 window all ova the place. Now at 1/5-1-18
Not true for me. My EDD window shrank to 6 days (25-31 Dec) and was extended on 26th to 12 January - 9 Feb. Three times now with EDD of less than Two weeks, Tesla gives me new EDD after reaching my EDD. I no longer give any credence to EDD.

Not true for me. My EDD window shrank to 6 days (25-31 Dec) and was extended on 26th to 12 January - 9 Feb. Three times now with EDD of less than Two weeks, Tesla gives me new EDD after reaching my EDD. I no longer give any credence to EDD.
Correct. Until you have 1) A VIN, 2) A Delivery Appointment/Time and 3) FOB/Keycard, you won’t have your car. The people on this list have helped me get through my going on 7 month wait and I thank you all for that but like the nubes out here, and I was there once too, Tesla will continue to distribute false hope, unsubstantiated promises, and empty phrases until the cow comes home just to get you off the phone, off the chat, or out of their showroom. They ask what questions you have but they have no answers other than ”Your car is being built”, “the next window is looking good”, and “there’s a shipment coming in _________ (fill in the blank). Then you talk to person B, C, D, etc…and guess what, a 100% guarantee none of their stories match each other. Tick Tock Tick Tock…

Correct. Until you have 1) A VIN, 2) A Delivery Appointment/Time and 3) FOB/Keycard, you won’t have your car. The people on this list have helped me get through my going on 7 month wait and I thank you all for that but like the nubes out here, and I was there once too, Tesla will continue to distribute false hope, unsubstantiated promises, and empty phrases until the cow comes home just to get you off the phone, off the chat, or out of their showroom. They ask what questions you have but they have no answers other than ”Your car is being built”, “the next window is looking good”, and “there’s a shipment coming in _________ (fill in the blank). Then you talk to person B, C, D, etc…and guess what, a 100% guarantee none of their stories match each other. Tick Tock Tick Tock…
Yep, agree totally.

The same happened to me I had 12/18-12/31 then on the 19th changed to 1/5-2/7 checked today went up for the first time ever to 1/5 to 1/18 SA said I should have it mid Jan zero faith in that but date forward gives me hope. 11 months for a car smh. Btw I got white on white 21 wheels.

Finally picked mine up! Some scuffs and missing parts. Other than that panel gaps and everything look good. I love the yoke steering and the buttons!

Front trunk cover that goes over the battery and other components was missing. Rear shelf and rear trunk compartment cover missing. Missing key fobs. Light scuffs on the lower passenger side. Might be able to be buffed out though.

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone!

The same happened to me I had 12/18-12/31 then on the 19th changed to 1/5-2/7 checked today went up for the first time ever to 1/5 to 1/18 SA said I should have it mid Jan zero faith in that but date forward gives me hope. 11 months for a car smh. Btw I got white on white 21 wheels.
I sincerely hope you get a VIN and not another screw by TeslaEDD circus.

Reactions: TheMacc
Tesla called me at 4:15. Said there was a '22 DM red/cream/wood/19" at Burbank, CA. In other words, my configuration

They said they could deliver it to my house Tonite.

No way I'd take EOY delivery at Night!

But, I did take the opportunity to tell the family that I saved them 45k (My nose cone car priced out at Edmunds at 59k)

No family points yet...