Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well really isn't that the whole problem. We hear nothing directly from Tesla. Everything is speculation and rumor. Tesla not having a PR department or any official way to keep the public updated is archaic. Seems so totally opposite of everything else they do.

Dont you get it?
Their PR department is the one man team called Elon Musk 😜😜

I ordered on 1/28/21 Model S long range MSM, 19” wheels, black interior. reservation number RN114429*** A few weeks ago I posted here saying pre price increase orders would be be ignored until after the New Year. My date was March 9th to April 6th. This morning my date moved forward to Jan 6th to Jan 20th.
Yesterday I was told I could pick up a car matching my order. I think as a year end push they tried to get every car they had in inventory delivered. I really think they let several people know about the same car and figured someone will take the car because even though I responded within a half hour they said that car was no longer available. More Tesla games. Anyway I’ll let you know if the latest edd works out.

I ordered on 1/28/21 Model S long range MSM, 19” wheels, black interior. reservation number RN114429*** A few weeks ago I posted here saying pre price increase orders would be be ignored until after the New Year. My date was March 9th to April 6th. This morning my date moved forward to Jan 6th to Jan 20th.
Yesterday I was told I could pick up a car matching my order. I think as a year end push they tried to get every car they had in inventory delivered. I really think they let several people know about the same car and figured someone will take the car because even though I responded within a half hour they said that car was no longer available. More Tesla games. Anyway I’ll let you know if the latest edd works out.

^^^ This ...if you had no VIN assigned, they are matching your order to a damaged or rejected car.

I got a call 4:15 PM last night offering me a car. I declined of course.

For me, I will wait until the V11 bugs are worked out, and the car is delivered complete, without missing parts.

Reactions: JeffN
^^^ This ...if you had no VIN assigned, they are matching your order to a damaged or rejected car.

I got a call 4:15 PM last night offering me a car. I declined of course.

For me, I will wait until the V11 bugs are worked out, and the car is delivered complete, without missing parts.
What do you mean by this?
Are you saying if you get assigned a VIN at the end of a quarter/year, its better to reject it and get assigned one within a quarter?

Reactions: chrisdh79
Games? Sounds like they are trying to sell cars. I guess your also wrong about ignoring pre price increase orders too since they called you and they called me.

AB36B120-4CCF-4E41-96D7-2036C89807F1.jpeg

Are you saying if you get assigned a VIN at the end of a quarter/year, its better to reject it and get assigned one within a quarter?
I think what (s)he’s saying is that a phone call or text “offer” is going to be a rejected car of some sort. It doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s damaged but a sale that didn’t complete. A brand new build which is built specifically for you would start with a VIN assigned to you before anything. When someone calls you with an offer, it’s because they delivered the car to a location near you but couldn’t seal the deal.

And yes, I suspect that these calls increase or happen very frequently near the end of quarter because that’s when they want to recognize the revenue. So, it’s not that you should decline a car that’s offered to you by a rep at the end of quarter. It doesn’t matter when that car is offered. If you don’t get a VIN assigned but get a text or call asking if you want the car, you just need to be aware that it’s likely a rejected car.

Again, this is just my opinion/assumption.

Last edited:
Damn, how did you swing that? I really really want the all seasons
I live in Michigan and SA confirmed while ordering in June and multiple times over phone. Then on the day of delivery, SA told me that they are performance all seasons which is straight out not true (not assuming they said it intentionally). I reminded them that I cannot pick it up unless it is confirmed that these are all seasons. And nicely reminded them how I was assured all seasons while ordering and waiting. I also mentioned that it is extremely dangerous to drive this home with summers when the temp is below 40 degF and will have to reject it. I was just nice to them and I was lucky I guess. 😅

Reactions: deadwynter

No...what I am saying is if you are waiting for your car with no updates and no VIN assigned, and then out of the blue, Tesla calls you and says they can match you up with a car, that car was from another order, and probably cancelled for a reason.

OTOH, concerning EOQ and EOY deliveries especially, you better be prepared for problems.

I really wanted the Tesla. My current car, a 2017 MS 75 has 107,000 miles and I want to sell it before it has no value at all. I am so pissed at Tesla right now that my head is spinning. I was texted on 12/20 when my EDD was 12/28-12/31 to verify I was paying cash; I indicated I preferred to finance and my financing applied for in July (because I was told EDD of July) expired. I was told to quickly reapply with an EOQ delivery imminent. A week later the EDD changed to 12/31-1/14; today as 12/31 approached, it changed to 1/16-2/13. I sent a text to the number that has texted me over the years and told them if the financing expires before I get a car, I will go elsewhere.

Contrary to some opinions, I drove and ordered a MB EQS580. I loved the quality, the interior and the technology. The exterior may not be as nice as a Tesla, but I've been there and done that for four years. We also have another MB convertible so the dealership knows us. The MB dealer took no deposit and was told I will take whichever car arrives first. I was told to expect it by April or May - or sooner if the chip and transportation issues improve.

I am fine with a car that can "only go" 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. The range is comparable to the actual mileage on a MS LR with big wheels. Obviously the Tesla is faster and has a better supercharging network. But, with the growth of EV's across multiple product lines, I see the network of competitor charging to grow exponentially. I've even heard rumors that Tesla will license its supercharger network to MB for a fee.

Do I want the yoke? Yes! Do I want to remain a Tesla owner? Sure! Am I sick of the games and waiting? Yes.
Every time you see the MS driving that Benz you are going to regret it. No matter what, the car is worth the wait and if you want to see a brand really jacking customers around, look at the poor buggers ordering the F150 Lighting.

Every time you see the MS driving that Benz you are going to regret it. No matter what, the car is worth the wait and if you want to see a brand really jacking customers around, look at the poor buggers ordering the F150 Lighting.

If MB treats the EQS customer like Tesla used to treat MS customers, I gotta say I would be sorely tempted. Did not drive the EQS, but looks pretty nice to me up close.

When I get tempted like this, I remind myself no charging network that can compare with Tesla's, and then I loose interest in the other brand EV I am considering.

If MB treats the EQS customer like Tesla used to treat MS customers, I gotta say I would be sorely tempted. Did not drive the EQS, but looks pretty nice to me up close.

When I get tempted like this, I remind myself no charging network that can compare with Tesla's, and then I loose interest in the other brand EV I am considering.
I hear ya ! I waited seven months and went through what others are feeling. I had an M540 and BMW was willing to bridge the lease until they could give me an i4 and I was tempted BUT the Supercharger network is worlds above anything and makes driving the car as close to ICE for trip continuity that you can get ! I was totally pi$$ed and then my VIN arrived 😇 and all the bad stuff dissipated with the first launch 🚀. Hang tight !