Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery advisor informed me that my car is scheduled for delivery end of Jan thro early Feb. It seems like they will be producing MSM batch around Jan 15. Keep fingers crossed. I know I was supposed to get end of Dec 2021. I take what she said with grain of salt.
Thanks hope your SA was correct about MSM production in mid January. I was also in the cue for end of 2021 delivery and was pushed out ( 12 Jan - 9 Feb) as soon as I hit the front of my EDD on 25 Dec. Will be hitting my latest EDD next Wednesday, but am not expecting much given my recent history. Would love to see VIN, but agree not taking any SA conversations to heart until I see VIN.

New VIN NF465 just assigned. EDD now January 08 - January 14.
Just got voicemail/email/text asking to schedule delivery between 1/11-1/15. Scheduled one on 1/14.

This is the last chance I’m giving them to delivery my car. I have decided not to get the vehicle if they unassign VIN again or if I have to reject delivery due to quality issues.

The times I got were on the same flat road for both from a dead stop using drag strip mode. I was shocked the long range had it. I expected it on the plaid. What surprised me is when I realized how the plaid didn’t feel much different to the long range to 60. The Plaids strength is it’s relentless pull from 60 to its limit. The LR is still amazing rocketing easily to 120 but they are different. Oh my friend thought it was interesting that from the outside watching the car take off he said both cars looked the same to him. One of several hints the long range was the way to go.
Thanks so much for all the detailed comparisons. Definitely makes me feel so much better I have the LR. As a parent who will soon also be paying for my kids college, I couldn't justify the extra 50k for a 0-60!

My EDD slipped again once I was inside a 2 week range. For a bit I was at Jan-Feb, then it kept narrowing into Jan, now back to Jan-Feb again. Original date was in October.

I have family coming in 2 weeks and a good friend coming in 6 weeks. Both of these trips are centered around me actually having this car and I wouldn’t be surprised at this point if I’m still waiting 6 weeks from now. This is all absolutely ridiculous. I am definitely going to be shopping around a lot more when I eventually change vehicles again.
I wish you could have your car tomorrow but because I care here’s a little reality. We have a 2nd Long range on order from Jan 28th 2021. Still don’t have it. I wouldn’t count on Teslas dates.

Last edited:
I have a 1151 that has said February for a while now. I have been very much on the fence between a Plaid and LR, the deal is so good on the LR (15k vs 10k on the plaid). But I definitely want more than what my MYP could provide. Especially in the 40-80 range. And then all this talk about a headlight/taillight refresh, I think I'd have more heartburn sitting on a plaid vs a LR I got a smokin' deal on. First world problems..
The long range Model S is faster than a MYP and pulls better after 60. It’s similar to a M3P but if you punch it at 65 it shoots to a 100 faster than a model 3 performance. You should be a happy camper when the day arrives.

Have you contacted Tesla? I reached out to them to add financing to my order after I got my VIN last night and the guy I dealt with (who was regional sales support or some such title) was extremely helpful. He told me which day the car was showing that it was due at my local delivery center (19 Jan), that it usually takes 2-3 days from then until they're ready to deliver, and that I should be contacted in the next couple days to schedule it. He also spoke with my delivery center and put me in for home delivery at my request, and cleared up several other questions I had.

I'd try contacting them if you'd like more info, but from what he said it's usually at least 2-4 days from receipt of VIN to scheduling, but I suppose that could be different depending on your timeline.
Thanks. I’ll give it a few more days, and if no text or appointment request I’ll reach out.
i had been told an SC can turn around the car same day, but that’s neither here nor there.
tempting to have home delivery (doesn’t get any easier) but then I can’t easily reject, etc. (only 5% chance).

Well, after that pushback a couple days ago for me, RN1150, white/white/21s, my EDD changed again today too. It pushed out a few more days, but the ~4 week window, narrowed down to a 2 week window. It's now:

Estimated Delivery: January 20 - February 03

Pretty hopeful now, but I've had 2 week windows in the past in like October I recall or so and those didn't pan out. Surely after all this time since April/May it has to delivery pretty soon.

No VIN. Current EDD is today Jan 8 - Feb 5. I think this is the second or third time I have entered……
1641651582889.gif

Sorry to those who recently got pushed out. My Fremont pickup order was just pulled in and the window reduced to 2 weeks, 1/12-1/26. It's the first time I've had a 2-week EDD range that wasn't a bogus-looking EOQ range. With a West Coast order, I was expecting to be pushed to EOQ again this time around, but it looks promising they might actually beat the original "February" estimate given at order time.

Just for grins since it seems like there was a lot of movement for some here I thought I'd check on my EDD. It was sitting at 2/10-3/10 for Florida delivery.

Now it has been pulled way in. It is now showing a pretty tight window of 1/25 - 2/8. If that holds, that makes my worst date better than the optimistic one before and just over 2 weeks out. Hopefully nothing will slip much now but with the Tesla chaos monkey you never know until you get the final appointment for delivery.

Oh boy. Just got a VIN this morning! Funny that my SA told me that I was still a few months out and then BAM! I get the VIN with a Jan 10-14 EDD. Finally this nightmare of a wait is coming to an end.

VIN is NF467
Congrats! I have been watching and waiting fro MSM delivery. I hope I get my car soon as it has similar configuration. But I am on the East coast and mid-Atlantic. So, I am not as hopeful that I will see my car in near future.