Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe i need to try a different Zip code. I've had 5 unhelpful people so far.

Edit: Called and got a lovely SA(ride AF) who said the car is still sitting at the factory and waiting on a shipper to accept to pick it up.

This doesn't make sense to me because I've seen other VINs with build dates later than mine and heading to the east coast get deliveries setup and on the train. So how the hell is mine excluded from the transport lol.

At this point I'm tired of trying to get an explanation and will just take a break from all of this inconsistent crapshoot of a delivery system.

Cya guys when I get a call from them. Tired of call and and getting the uninformed SA.
So I just got the text today to select my delivery date and that my house qualifies for home delivery. A bit surprising as the Tesla dealer is only 25 mins away in Tyson's Corner VA, but of course I picked the first date available on Jan 28th.

Any down side to home delivery that I should be aware of?

I actually did call Tesla and tried to see where my car is and was told that it should be on the train and shows arriving at the Tesla Center on Jan 26. However, they need 1-2 days for all the quality inspections/cleaning and it wouldn't be possible to pick it up any sooner.

Hey there James. Soon you will have your three month membership anniversary to this forum. Congrats. Add a signature so we know if your a Tesla owner.

FSD has capabilities today that have some value and let each individual decide if the features that are available today are worth the investment. I would agree that you shouldn’t buy based on future functionality roadmaps; otherwise you set yourself up for mass disappointments that may cause outbursts in forums.
I'm somebody who works in the field of Autonomous vehicles for a major player and have been a proud model S owner for 7 years, and waiting on my refreshed S (so please don't give me the hater BS). From what I have seen so far and what I know about the field, I don't think there is any way Tesla will deliver on FSD as promised (as in you sleeping while the car is driving you on city streets) within 5 years, and I'm being really nice with 5 years. 🤣😂

So I just got the text today to select my delivery date and that my house qualifies for home delivery. A bit surprising as the Tesla dealer is only 25 mins away in Tyson's Corner VA, but of course I picked the first date available on Jan 28th.

I actually did call Tesla and tried to see where my car is and was told that it should be on the train and shows arriving at the Tesla Center on Jan 26. However, they need 1-2 days for all the quality inspections/cleaning and it wouldn't be possible to pick it up any sooner.
I took delivery of my MSLR two weeks ago at the Corte Madera delivery center here in the Bay Area. But for my M3 and MY those were both home deliveries. I do prefer the home delivery. But, i am not the kind of buyer who has to spend an hour pouring over the car to look for defects or a reason to reject. I just spend maybe three minutes making sure nothing real obvious wrong inside or out. I am not one of those who has to measure every panel gap! With the M3 there was one piece of trim misaligned which was easily fixed by mobile service a couple weeks later. The MY was just fine. My MSLR seems just fine, except that the inside of windshield was a bit foggy apparently due to off gassing from the glue etc used in dashboard. Meguiars glass cleaner really helped! By the way, once i got a VIN i drove to the delivery center just to inspect the car from outside. I quickly found it, and it looke fine except for a little dirt from transport. and there was still transport tape. I went inside the office and told them i just saw my car and they suggested i take delivery an hour later! I didnt complain! The just had to wash the car and remove tape, etc, I Just had to removed a bunch of stuff from my M3 tradein and get my title from home and i did take delivery that day!

I'm somebody who works in the field of Autonomous vehicles for a major player and have been a proud model S owner for 7 years, and waiting on my refreshed S (so please don't give me the hater BS). From what I have seen so far and what I know about the field, I don't think there is any way Tesla will deliver on FSD as promised (as in you sleeping while the car is driving you on city streets) within 5 years, and I'm being really nice with 5 years. 🤣😂
Yeah, I’d say we will see FSD with hardware version 10 maybe in 10-15 years.

For those of you carless while waiting or about to be carless you should look at enterprise to rent a car. If in doubt just rent a car a month or more in advance and there are major savings. You don't pay until you pick up or renew so you are not losing anything by reserving.

They have monthly and weekly rates. I have rented for four months now. I have to renew every month so I just book a month in advance while suffering on this thread with all of you. You can get a compact for a month for around $350 to $400. I also Google a promo code which takes off about 15 percent. I have rented so long they have even made me change the oil on enterprises acct of course🤣

Just an idea for all of you in this position

I agree with you that it seems unlikely Tesla can deliver on the FSD promise. I do like that it can take me from freeway to freeway and that my car can stop at red lights. Regulatory approval might become a big obstacle in getting us to full FSD anytime soon. If we can avoid hanging on the steering wheel every 10 seconds, that would be a massive improvement. Cheers!

Their should be a class action law suit against Tesla for FSD. It’s a disaster. They have strung along so many people and collected millions of dollars and haven’t delivered. Anyone spending money on this unproven software will just be disappointed like most people have been in all the years they’ve been offering it. You’re wasting your money on something that doesn’t exist yet but you think might exist soon. Kinda reminds me of many of my coworkers who have recently lost lots of money in cryptocurrency.
I would encourage everyone on this forum to cancel FSD on their order. You’re going to pay more sales tax on your vehicle for some thing that isn’t even working properly yet. Take your money and invest it and may be a couple months a year pay for a monthly use so you can be reminded how smart you were for not paying $10,000 upfront.
Not only a class action on FSD, but their software and software development practices in general. I’ve been in complex software development for over 40 years and I’ve never seen such poor mission critical software as Tesla. Don’t get me wrong, I really love my new Model S, but Tesla should be ashamed of their software quality.

Woah awesome congrats! The only down side would be that you can't inspect before accepting delivery. But if you trust them to take care of everything then it's no worries

Reactions: RxVanco
curiuos. Did you make changes to your order after your initial order placement? Almost 12 months seems like a LONG time for a person in Cali to get their car
I ordered it before the Refresh, so Tesla had us change to the new refreshed version with the updated pricing the week of announcement. I believe I had my SA convert it to the refresh about 1-2 weeks later. Other than that, no change was made.

Hey there James. Soon you will have your three month membership anniversary to this forum. Congrats. Add a signature so we know if your a Tesla owner.

FSD has capabilities today that have some value and let each individual decide if the features that are available today are worth the investment. I would agree that you shouldn’t buy based on future functionality roadmaps; otherwise you set yourself up for mass disappointments that may cause outbursts in forums.
Hi there can you explain the whole signature process. I thought that was just a stamp where you enter your reservation number, order date and car combination ordered.

Congrats- I am so jealous! What was your RN?

I bought FSD on the S just over a week ago. I also have Enhanced Autopilot on a 2018 Model 3. I like it a lot. Favorite features is the ability to hit the turn signal on the freeway or any street and the car changes lanes when safe. Works amazingly well. I like that the car will slowdown and stop at stop signs and red lights. I haven’t used Summon yet on the S, but I have on the 3 and while it is a bit clunky, it has worked fine. The technology is only going to get better. I plan on keeping the car for awhile, so I thought it would only enhance the total driving experience On a; expensive car.
Appreciate the information, kind of where I'm at. The FSD will get better over time and you just have to go into it knowing it's not perfect.

thanks for the advice on the signature, got mine updates as well!