Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the new applique looks odd, but can easily be wrapped in gloss black. I also think the LR needs a spoiler. The trunk looks naked without one. The biggest impact will be at night. The old lights will immediately look dated. Here is old vs. new:

31bd567c-255a-44d0-b9c0-3bd9cbf35844-jpeg.687766
c0f60aa2-d154-410f-ab82-f991bcf35181-jpeg.768781

I definitely get the buzz over the new headlights as they have technical advantages (I am totally happy with the ones I have) but I am not a fan of the new rear end design. I think the black TESLA trim that goes across the trunk looks BOSS...
not a big fan of the new design neither, maybe if the trim is in black/carbon fiber wrap will make it more stand out

I think the new applique looks odd, but can easily be wrapped in gloss black. I also think the LR needs a spoiler. The trunk looks naked without one. The biggest impact will be at night. The old lights will immediately look dated. Here is old vs. new:

31bd567c-255a-44d0-b9c0-3bd9cbf35844-jpeg.687766
c0f60aa2-d154-410f-ab82-f991bcf35181-jpeg.768781
Yuck, still salty about potential headlight refresh but im really glad im getting the old rear end. That looks cheap compared to the old version.

Here is a great Tesla factory tour with a lot of detail and sophisticated automation. I had not seen this video before, and looks like Tesla has a lot more manufacturing robots than the ones I saw during a visit to Ford’s factory tour in Dearborn, MI a few years ago. Surprised at the number of manufacturing defects being reported in these forums given the amount of automation.

Tesla plant tour