Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait. almost 10k? Is that USD? Are we sure?
I mean, for $5k (or less) I can get a high quality (not Maaco) FULL PAINT JOB IN SAME COLOR.

$9.5k?? Thats INSANE.
Yeah, $9.5k quote is from DC Clear Auto Bra and they are located in Fort Washington, MD (Sorry- I stated the wrong city earlier). Personally, I cannot go that far from downtown Bethesda/Chevy Chase area as it is too far. Capitol Shine, Arlington is not too far to take an Uber back and they are couple of grand less. Please don't get Maaco:D:D

Wait. almost 10k? Is that USD? Are we sure?
I mean, for $5k (or less) I can get a high quality (not Maaco) FULL PAINT JOB IN SAME COLOR.

$9.5k?? Thats INSANE.
People have lost their minds when it comes to PPF and the value of money. I have invested $10,000 in stocks which basically bought my Tesla LR 17 years later with the gains I made. It’s a clear film for your car that adheres with water. This strange vehicle worship is causing people to lose their minds. Put some PPF on the front and call it a day. It’s nuts how many people spend thousands on PPF only to sell their car in a few years. Absolutely nuts. Don’t even get me started on the FSD that people buy that isn’t even working yet. Talk about being out of touch with the value of a dollar.

People have lost their minds when it comes to PPF and the value of money. I have invested $10,000 in stocks which basically bought my Tesla LR 17 years later with the gains I made. It’s a clear film for your car that adheres with water. This strange vehicle worship is causing people to lose their minds. Put some PPF on the front and call it a day. It’s nuts how many people spend thousands on PPF only to sell their car in a few years. Absolutely nuts. Don’t even get me started on the FSD that people buy that isn’t even working yet. Talk about being out of touch with the value of a dollar.
I understand your point. But also, it's no different then buying window tint, door bumpers, window guards, etc. There's so many accessories for cars to spend money on. To one person it's worth the price, to others it's not. It's all subjective. I think it's a waste of money to buy cigarettes, but to a smoker it's worth it. We're all different and have different views of what is valued.

I understand your point. But also, it's no different then buying window tint, door bumpers, window guards, etc. There's so many accessories for cars to spend money on. To one person it's worth the price, to others it's not. It's all subjective. I think it's a waste of money to buy cigarettes, but to a smoker it's worth it. We're all different and have different views of what is valued.
That said I think it is wise to learn from these fora if nothing else. I for one would never consider spending thousands on PPF or similar today but I did spend $3500 on a front skirt equivalent of PPF that was available in 2015 with my first Tesla. I have become wiser. The mentality of to each to his own has not served us very well as a society to date. I bet people from Nordic countries do not spend this way. The OP gave an example of buying his Tesla with profits from an earlier stock investment. Brilliant! Had I bought Tesla stock with that $3500 back then it would be worth more than 60K today after just 7 years (the equivalent price of Tesla stock would be about $50 after the split). There are people on this forum to whom 100K is chump change, they spend that on a single private plane ride. 10K worth of bells and whistles for a car to them is still chump change. For me 100K-120K is my car budget. If that bought me an electric Ford Focus, that's what I'd be driving. In the end a car is just a car. I also suspect that there are members here who should not be spending 100K on a car in a well organized society.

For some folks it may be protection on a 100k car depending where they live and park. For instance, if you live and park kin tight urban parking areas people could open the door wide trying to let kids out or wind could open it wider. This is more for prevention of big dings and protection.

Reactions: Concade1 and mp1024
I bet people from Nordic countries do not spend this way.
Not EXACTLY the same, no, but they do spend their money on things some would consider frivolous... (Look up "Raggare").

I do follow the "to each his own" mentality. That doesn't mean its not smart to research or to consider advice of others, especially when it comes to finances, BUT, we are only here for a short time....

If it gives me joy knowing that my vehicle can be easily cleaned and I have less chips and scratches to worry about, why not? It's money well spent in my mind. Some would rather have an 80" TV, others would spend thousands to go to the super bowl, others want a high dollar computer gaming rig, others collect antiques, for me, a car is more than something to get me from point A to B, the car is my hobby.

Will I get a ROI when I sell the car, probably not, but while I have the car, I will spend less time cleaning it and more time enjoying it.

Attachments

• 60's_car_with_lots_of_raggare_on_the_roof_at_Power_Big_Meet.jpg
    60's_car_with_lots_of_raggare_on_the_roof_at_Power_Big_Meet.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 76
How much are the floor mats normally?
I just returned the Tesla floor mats I bought last week for $180. I returned them because the drivers' mat didn't cover the left side where my left foot rests. It looks like these new ones fix this issue. They also made the rear floor mats a single piece.

I'm waiting for a shipment of Tesmanian full set. I think I'm just going to keep those because the cargo mat looks like it would allow folding up for rear well access more easily.

So, am I the only one getting depressed about trading in their Model 3? I stood in line for the reservation for this baby and she still looks brand new! On the other hand, I don't have a need to keep it unless I give it to my teenager to drive, which seems like a really bad idea even if we locked it into Chill Mode.

Not EXACTLY the same, no, but they do spend their money on things some would consider frivolous... (Look up "Raggare").

I do follow the "to each his own" mentality. That doesn't mean its not smart to research or to consider advice of others, especially when it comes to finances, BUT, we are only here for a short time....

If it gives me joy knowing that my vehicle can be easily cleaned and I have less chips and scratches to worry about, why not? It's money well spent in my mind. Some would rather have an 80" TV, others would spend thousands to go to the super bowl, others want a high dollar computer gaming rig, others collect antiques, for me, a car is more than something to get me from point A to B, the car is my hobby.

Will I get a ROI when I sell the car, probably not, but while I have the car, I will spend less time cleaning it and more time enjoying it.
Looked up Reggare. WEIRD!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Daniel454