Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a few inquiries I would like to share a couple of data points. My MSLR was assigned a vin# on Wednesday 2/23 evening after 5pm est. EDD changed from 3/1-3/29 to 3/9- 3/15. I was told on Thursday 2/24 it was still in production. I was then informed the gate date or build complete date was 2/25. Vin # 4724xx. Hoping for the refresh, from this information it’s the last of a run or the first with the changes.
I would guess you'd be getting one of the refreshed/refreshed cars with the new headlights. But you're right, it could be the last one that rolled off the line with the old lights.

I picked up my model S two days ago. NF471 - old style headlights and taillights but I honestly didn't care - they seem fine to me. Build quality is below what I had expected seeing a family members Model 3 delivered 2 months ago. (Any many others posting flawless posts). Multiple panel gaps off, wrinkled left rear passenger seat, center console light turns off when opening console, yoke worm, yoke buzz on the left side, rubber gaskets bent in door sills, etc. Drive was good and no drive related issues! Sound system is phenomenal. Yoke will take getting used to but I dont mind the lack of stalks. Will see if I decide to swap for round wheel if/when Tesla decides to offer that as a service item. Made a list of service items for them to re-align with service in 2 weeks. Hopefully they can give me my missing trunk privacy shelf at that time as well. (floor mats were included)

Also, does anyone know if the rectangular speaker grill above just the driver/passanger are speakers or microphones? They dont seem to put out any sounds no matter what I tune to. Everyone I've called from the car thus far tells me they hear their own voice / echo not sure if this is isolated to just me or more of global thing.

Overall I am happy with the car, will hopefully get majority of this fixed in service. I'll post some nice photos of the car once I get it ceramic coated and tinted over the next week!
I have the yoke worm like you but I'm gonna keep it. I had a broken tail light. Very obvious, tells me the either didn't inspect or ... I dont know. There are two paint issue. Large paint nip popped like a pimple and a gob of paint on A pillar. Misaligned floor in hatch area. Gaps perfect and rest of pain swirl free perfection. Service appt next week.

Just collected from State Line, Kansas City, MO. Perfect build, no faults I could see. Missing the parcel shelf and lower covers like most other deliveries but they should be posted to me arriving next week.
8C6DEC84-C654-4CF9-9191-4948AB66C803.jpeg

Finally picked up my MSLR on Wednesday! No noticeable panel gaps or fitment issues. Mine came with the parcel shelf and covers, interesting to see that some cars with similar vins didn't get those with delivery. Brought it Dropped it off right after delivery for a full 20% tint & ceramic coating, as well as 35% PPF on the taillights.

IMG_1847.png

Attachments

• IMG_1904.png
    IMG_1904.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1913.png
    IMG_1913.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1869.png
    IMG_1869.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_1855.png
    IMG_1855.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Finally picked up my MSLR on Wednesday! No noticeable panel gaps or fitment issues. Mine came with the parcel shelf and covers, interesting to see that some cars with similar vins didn't get those with delivery. Brought it Dropped it off right after delivery for a full 20% tint & ceramic coating, as well as 35% PPF on the taillights.

View attachment 774114
What a beaut! I'm picking mine up on Weds with the same config (black on white), though I've got the 19 inch wheels instead of the 21s. Glad to see Tesla can get these cars right! Hope mine is as perfect looking as yours! The darkened tail lights look very cool to me! I'll ask my PPF guy about doing that also. Thanks for the photos to help hold me over until Weds!

View attachment 774114
Congrats. Wish we had some idea of how they decided new orders get filled with extremely similar configs before older ones.

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911 and booo
Just collected from State Line, Kansas City, MO. Perfect build, no faults I could see. Missing the parcel shelf and lower covers like most other deliveries but they should be posted to me arriving next week. View attachment 774107
This looks so beautiful, congrats. I have a very similar config ordered Aug. 1, 2021 in STL so I am hopeful I will get mine next month!

Reactions: gbailey
What a beaut! I'm picking mine up on Weds with the same config (black on white), though I've got the 19 inch wheels instead of the 21s. Glad to see Tesla can get these cars right! Hope mine is as perfect looking as yours! The darkened tail lights look very cool to me! I'll ask my PPF guy about doing that also. Thanks for the photos to help hold me over until Weds!
Congrats! The car is well worth the wait. Can't go wrong with either wheel choice, I'll be cautiously driving for the next month in the Northeast with the 21's haha. The smoked taillights was a last minute decision but I think it came out really well. Was fairly inexpensive also.

Congrats. Wish we had some idea of how they decided new orders get filled with extremely similar configs before older ones.
Thanks! Yeah I'm not quite sure, I was a RN1152 order, placed on July 1st. Hopefully the updated headlights/taillights will make up for the customers still waiting with earlier orders :)

Reactions: chrisdh79
I just noticed that my car (picked up 2/23) also has the rear glass distortion in the bottom 1-2" of it. Anyone else have this when looking in their rear view mirror and have successfully had it replaced? I'm hoping I won't be told that it's "normal". Previously only drove it at night when I didn't see it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 5.04.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-26 at 5.04.59 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
Hi All, just a long time lurker… here for the laughs, refresh rumors, delivery info, bad news and good news. I never thought I’d have much to contribute here, but low and behold… today, well today… I do.
Spotted a few carriers driving south on 101 today. Though it might be the usual load of 3’a headed south. But as I got closer, I realized they were the latest refreshed plaids that we’ve been waiting for! (Unless you don’t like the new rear)
I was only able to get a few shots, but good enough to catch the rear and share! The appliqué delete looks to be body color now, and that odd gap/“vent” in the side of fender at the taillight by the new charging door that we saw in the white mule pics, that had us worried doesn’t appear to be there, but that door alignment though… 😂
So the factory is back online for sure, and if your in SoCal waiting to take delivery of your plaid, it should be very soon now. I’m sure we’ll start to see some better pics from folks here picking up there cars soon enough. But there you go, they are on there way now!
This one’s for @EndlessPlaid

View attachment 774310

View attachment 774311
From the main delivery thread. S with updated lights are now shipping.

Finally Tesla wanted to pull ahead delivery and we got the car yesterday. No major issues except the alignments we see in the forum. The sales guy was quite accepting about a lack of fit and finish. They worked to adjust the shut lines on the rear hatch; buffed some sticker marks and re-detailed the interior when I showed some minor stuff. Went straight to PPF from there. The tail lights still have some alignment issues. Little bummed out to not get the upgraded lights; but am happy to stop agonizing over when will I get it; to enjoy the car. There was sleet/hail when I took delivery. So not the best time. Didn’t get more photos in!

The yoke is easy to get used to; though it needs proportional steering mechanism to really enjoy it. Clock to clock turns feel stupid.

Also the rear parcel shelf is missing and they said will ship it to home. Seems they had a few Model S’ missing those.
FDE91E90-C871-46B0-90C1-ECBDE8A47DB9.jpeg
3CDEDBC1-441C-4B3D-AC88-B59D4B063FB2.jpeg
5C7457C2-BAE0-48D4-B8CD-2B0412C10527.jpeg

An update from my end.

I’m an RN151. I put in my order back in June but wasn’t too sure if I would move forward with the car. I eventually decided to do so End of Nov 2021. Finished my financing profile etc. after 60 days expired, I resubmitted again but this time it pushed my EDD back. I’m down to a 2 week window from March 17-31. I called Tesla and told them I was afraid if my profile gets kicked to incomplete, my edd could be pushed back. So the rep changed it to cash for me so that my profile remains complete. With that said - can someone please send me a referral for DCU

I have a membership to DCU but not sure how to give a referral. I applied for my financing a few weeks ago when my EDD was for 2nd week of March. DCU requires the Paperwork with VIN, to complete the loan and my EDD was pushed back to April 3 to May 3, looks like my approval will expire by then. Anyone know of any way to get around this so I don't have another inquiry on my report if I have to apply again.

Anything produced after the 21st will be updated. You’ll have to ask your SA what your build date is.
I just got matched with a VIN which I found odd given how recently I put the order in. The EDD started in June, then has moved closer and closer until today when I said I could pick up in the next couple of days. When I asked about the build date they told me 1/28 which is before my order date so obviously won’t have the updated lights and makes me wonder why it wasn’t matched to someone else before (i.e. customer reject?). I put order on hold until April 1 and then will pick up a newer build as I’m in no hurry.

Last edited:
I just got matched with a VIN (7SAXCBE52NF331***) which I found odd given how recently I put the order in. The EDD started in June, then has moved closer and closer until today when I said I could pick up in the next couple of days. When I asked about the build date they told me 1/28 which is before my order date so obviously won’t have the updated lights and makes me wonder why it wasn’t matched to someone else before (i.e. customer reject?). I put order on hold until April 1 and then will pick up a newer build as I’m in no hurry.
That sounds like a VIN for MX or MY. not MS.

That sounds like a VIN for MX or MY. not MS.
Just double checked…you are right. The contact from Tesla was via text (where they said I have a VIN) and this is the VIN which briefly shows up when switching between the X and S on the app. Clearly something wrong happening here but since I put the order on pause the real VIN for the S must not have actually shown up. Deleting the VIN in my original post for clarity as it isn’t correct with this new information. Thanks for fact checking!

Reactions: GrnSqrl
Just double checked…you are right. The contact from Tesla was via text (where they said I have a VIN) and this is the VIN which briefly shows up when switching between the X and S on the app. Clearly something wrong happening here but since I put the order on pause the real VIN for the S must not have actually shown up. Deleting the VIN in my original post for clarity as it isn’t correct with this new information. Thanks for fact checking!

Do you mean the VIN assigned was for your X not S?