Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My EDD changed again to March 8-22nd. Seems somewhat reasonable? No VIN so, as always, means nothihg. Would love to take delivery soon but honestly I have almost no hope of that happening! Only reason it seems more plausible is the EDD isn't the last two weeks of the quarter but before, but who knows
It is likely since you’re in Cali they have you as a placeholder for a last minute EOQ delivery should one come available either off the line or a cancellation.. We’ve seen this happen occasionally.

I’d expect to be pushed though.

So is every MS LR (refresh+) with 19” getting summer tires?

I don’t mind getting summer tires as I usually run snow tires. But I don’t want a hit on range. The biggest reason for the hit on range of the 21” is not the rim but the TIRE. Which historically would be a summer tire.

I wonder if these were for 19” Plaids or they simply ran out.

It seems to be a crapshoot. My SA said that I will get the Continental all seasons for my 19” VIN473.

Source? or just random thought?
Sign of spending way too much time on this thread since about Oct. last year. Despite what Elon said, Tesla still does an end of quarter push of sorts. In December, the first EOQ after the announcement, there was an EOQ push to those close to the factory (FACT). In fact some East Coast VINs assigned early to mid December were withdrawn by the end of the month. It has typically taken 3 weeks to deliver a car to the East Coast until within the past month when it took 2 weeks. Therefore my reasoned argument is that time to ship a car to the East Coast in time for the EOQ is running out very fast.
After saying all that watch me be the one getting a VIN this week. That would look bad.

Depends on location. I am getting all seasons too.
You might be giving too much credit to Tesla's logistics and delivery process... Yes, obviously no one the mid-west wants summer tires, as it's below 40 degrees for months at a time here. So it's only reasonable to think that any car shipping to KC with 19 inch rims would get all-seasons. WRONG!

On the bright side, Tesla did agree that this is messed up and will be replacing my summer tires with all-season tires as soon as they are available. Doesn't do me much good this week though (highs in the 20s and snow forecast).

So you MIGHT get all-seasons, but you very possibly might not. I'd lay the groundwork now with your SA that if the car comes with summer tires, they will agree to swap them out. That's what I did and it did seem to help.

Sign of spending way too much time on this thread since about Oct. last year. Despite what Elon said, Tesla still does an end of quarter push of sorts. In December, the first EOQ after the announcement, there was an EOQ push to those close to the factory (FACT). In fact some East Coast VINs assigned early to mid December were withdrawn by the end of the month. It has typically taken 3 weeks to deliver a car to the East Coast until within the past month when it took 2 weeks. Therefore my reasoned argument is that time to ship a car to the East Coast in time for the EOQ is running out very fast.
After saying all that watch me be the one getting a VIN this week. That would look bad.
Thanks for the info! I hope we start to see a heavy dose of VINs being assigned, its been a little bit slow with the new lights and all. I am still hoping I get one this week.

You might be giving too much credit to Tesla's logistics and delivery process... Yes, obviously no one the mid-west wants summer tires, as it's below 40 degrees for months at a time here. So it's only reasonable to think that any car shipping to KC with 19 inch rims would get all-seasons. WRONG!

On the bright side, Tesla did agree that this is messed up and will be replacing my summer tires with all-season tires as soon as they are available. Doesn't do me much good this week though (highs in the 20s and snow forecast).

So you MIGHT get all-seasons, but you very possibly might not. I'd lay the groundwork now with your SA that if the car comes with summer tires, they will agree to swap them out. That's what I did and it did seem to help.
Snowing here in Chicago too, I would be EXTREMELY careful taking that car out with summer treads. Summer tires are not built for snow.

This has been my experience also, and was the deciding factor in me accepting my "old" MSLR last week vs waiting and hoping to get a refreshed car soon.

I ordered in June, and had an EDD of Dec 21-31 for quite a while, which got me really hopeful I'd get an EOQ/EOY push car. Um, NOPE...

I know there are many other people in the same boat right now (like @2MuchLala and others) who ordered in June and have EDDs of late March. If they don't get a VIN in the next week or so, I'd say the odds of getting a car in late March will dwindle significantly. And then there seems to be a 2-week lull at the beginning of a new quarter with very few VINs assigned (at least that's what happened in January).

I don't want to "pee in everyone's Cherios," but I've just been lingering here so long and have seen this scenario play out over and over... I'll continue to check in here once in a while to see how the deliveries are going, but will mostly just be enjoying my new ("old") MSLR instead of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times a day.

This has been my experience also, and was the deciding factor in me accepting my "old" MSLR last week vs waiting and hoping to get a refreshed car soon.

I ordered in June, and had an EDD of Dec 21-31 for quite a while, which got me really hopeful I'd get an EOQ/EOY push car. Um, NOPE...

I know there are many other people in the same boat right now (like @2MuchLala and others) who ordered in June and have EDDs of late March. If they don't get a VIN in the next week or so, I'd say the odds of getting a car in late March will dwindle significantly. And then there seems to be a 2-week lull at the beginning of a new quarter with very few VINs assigned (at least that's what happened in January).

I don't want to "pee in everyone's Cherios," but I've just been lingering here so long and have seen this scenario play out over and over... I'll continue to check in here once in a while to see how the deliveries are going, but will mostly just be enjoying my new ("old") MSLR instead of refreshing my Tesla App 100 times a day.
In July I was sent away with a paid rental car for work. I also knew I wanted to go M3P to MSLR soon. In early July I sold my M3P into the inflated used car market for a good portion of what I bought it for in late 2019.

My work travel was scheduled until January 2022. In July the EDD for new vehicles was November - this wouldn't work because I would still be traveling (I also would have had nowhere to put the car). I was checking every day, and suddenly the EDD for new vehicles jumped to Feb-Mar 2022.

Now it's March, my EDD window pushed all the way to May at the earliest, and I currently have no vehicle, no insurance, now borrowing a company car. Cannot legally drive my girlfriend's car due to my insurance mistake (canceling insurance instead of getting insured non-owner). Just giving me a lot of stress