Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, unfortunately the updated EDD was incorrect. That is just classic for the roller coaster EDDs throughout this process. With that being said I am set to pick it up on Thursday. They have been nice and have worked with me which I am thankful for. I am hoping to avoid any bad mojo until then if possible.

Wish me luck!

I will post an update once I get it. Hoping the all seasons are not an issue.
Yes, please let us know how it goes--if I had seen this earlier I probably would have stopped by the KC SC to see if I could see your car (I'm only about 10-12 minutes away)--I've got a LR S on order as well--EDD showing July-September at this point (I ordered in July '21)--would love to actually see a refresh S up close and in person!

Reactions: jacob@jyoungs.
My order was pushed back to August-September a couple of weeks ago. However, last week it was changed to June 10-June 27. Today I woke up and found out that I got my VIN assigned and the estimated delivery is now June 16 - June 20. I'm on the East Coast in MA. My RN is 1152, 2022 MSLR Red/White/19/FSD, ordered 07/04/21.
Interesting. Mine was moved a few weeks ago to August/September too. It was June/July for a long time. Support even said I should get it early June.

It still says the same though :'(

Meh...

Anxious to hear about your pickup experience at the Kansas City SC, if you were able to pickup today.
Finally was able to pick up the car! It sounds cliche at this point but it is definitely worth the wait.

The Tesla in Kansas City was super accommodating to my schedule as I had to change delivery times due to my schedule.There were a few minor panel gaps. Paint was flawless. No scrapes on the bumper. 10 mi on the odometer. A very small wrinkle in the passenger seat. All the keys were there. It was missing the two covers in the trunk. Came with the portable charger pack. The car did come with summer tires but the Kansas City SA did tell me that they will swap them out to all seasons free of charge at a later service appt. They had 34 deliveries scheduled that day. The record was 75. They were very busy. Everybody was super helpful though. Already have a service appointment set up to take care of all the issues.

My VIN was 476 So it did not have the swivel screen. Maybe, more of a justification of not getting the swivel screen but I actually like how the screen sits flush on the dash. I am not sure if it is this way for the swivel screen? Obviously new headlights and tail lights. I was not worried that it was built over a month ago as the quality was very good in the odometer was at 10 miles.

It drives amazing. The handling is excellent. The acceleration is 2nd only to Plaid 😃 and amazing. The sound system is very good. The technology is unbelievable. The yoke is going to take some getting used to. It is not easy to drive with one hand as I am used to with my other car. I threw a few air balls reaching for the top of the steering wheel. The 19-in wheels and aero covers actually look much better than I thought. The whole car just has a very clean look. The doors open and close without any issue and sound solid. I like the white seats. It makes it look more open. The ride is very quiet. I did not notice any vibrations going up to 80 mph. Have not tested out the noise canceling and is on as far as I know.

I am 6'6" And I fit in the seats well. There is ample amount of headroom. With the seat fully back I am actually able to straighten my legs out completely when driving which is a rarity.

I placed zero down and got a 3.24% rate with Wells Fargo when I applied through Tesla.

Insurance is 110 a month through Geico. Good or bad? Not sure

The amount of accessories I have collected over a year was stacking up also. I now need to find it all as it will likely keep me busy for a couple weeks !

The best part of the trip though was my son who came with me to pick it up said it was the best road trip he had ever been on and declared that he was now a Tesla nerd like myself.

Pics to come. Getting PPF and windows tinted.

Finally was able to pick up the car! It sounds cliche at this point but it is definitely worth the wait.

The Tesla in Kansas City was super accommodating to my schedule as I had to change delivery times due to my schedule.There were a few minor panel gaps. Paint was flawless. No scrapes on the bumper. 10 mi on the odometer. A very small wrinkle in the passenger seat. All the keys were there. It was missing the two covers in the trunk. Came with the portable charger pack. The car did come with summer tires but the Kansas City SA did tell me that they will swap them out to all seasons free of charge at a later service appt. They had 34 deliveries scheduled that day. The record was 75. They were very busy. Everybody was super helpful though. Already have a service appointment set up to take care of all the issues.

My VIN was 476 So it did not have the swivel screen. Maybe, more of a justification of not getting the swivel screen but I actually like how the screen sits flush on the dash. I am not sure if it is this way for the swivel screen? Obviously new headlights and tail lights. I was not worried that it was built over a month ago as the quality was very good in the odometer was at 10 miles.

It drives amazing. The handling is excellent. The acceleration is 2nd only to Plaid 😃 and amazing. The sound system is very good. The technology is unbelievable. The yoke is going to take some getting used to. It is not easy to drive with one hand as I am used to with my other car. I threw a few air balls reaching for the top of the steering wheel. The 19-in wheels and aero covers actually look much better than I thought. The whole car just has a very clean look. The doors open and close without any issue and sound solid. I like the white seats. It makes it look more open. The ride is very quiet. I did not notice any vibrations going up to 80 mph. Have not tested out the noise canceling and is on as far as I know.

I am 6'6" And I fit in the seats well. There is ample amount of headroom. With the seat fully back I am actually able to straighten my legs out completely when driving which is a rarity.

I placed zero down and got a 3.24% rate with Wells Fargo when I applied through Tesla.

The amount of accessories I have collected over a year was stacking up also. I now need to find it all as it will likely keep me busy for a couple weeks !

The best part of the trip though was my son who came with me to pick it up said it was the best road trip he had ever been on and declared that he was now a Tesla nerd like myself.

Congratulations!
Glad most things were as you wished.
On your insurance question. I don't think it's available in your state as of yet, but I do recommend Tesla insurance. For my 2022 Plaid I'm at $95, with a safety score of 94. For the brief time I had a MSLR VIN assigned in December, the default monthly was $88, with the beginning 90 safety score. My particulars, age 64, don't put a lot of miles on and have a spotless record. Tesla was quite a bit less than anyone.
If you're a aggressive driver, skip it. The safety score will drop down and monthly will skyrocket.

My VIN was 476 So it did not have the swivel screen. Maybe, more of a justification of not getting the swivel screen but I actually like how the screen sits flush on the dash. I am not sure if it is this way for the swivel screen? …
Congratulations!

As a long-time Model 3 owner, I honestly don’t see the appeal of or need for the swiveling screen. I’ve never once wished my Model 3’s screen was angled. 🤷‍♂️
yoke is going to take some getting used to. It is not easy to drive with one hand as I am used to with my other car. I threw a few air balls reaching for the top of the steering wheel. The 19-in wheels and aero covers actually look much better than I thought. The whole car just has a very clean look.
I’m tempted to swap the wheel, but before I got it I was also tempted to buy an aftermarket driver’s info display for my Model 3. Turns out that wasn’t necessary.
Hoping the yoke is the same for me.

So glad you finally got your car! I agree with everything you said, and love my car more and more the longer I own it! I detailed it recently and am so amazed by how sharp the black exterior, white interior looks!

Summer tires are fine this time of year, and maybe you'll get lucky and they'll let you keep the summer tires when they swap you to all-seasons (that's what happened to me).

So just enjoy that fine automobile and appreciate the time you get back by not incessantly checking the Tesla Ap for a VIN every hour!

So glad you finally got your car! I agree with everything you said, and love my car more and more the longer I own it! I detailed it recently and am so amazed by how sharp the black exterior, white interior looks!

Summer tires are fine this time of year, and maybe you'll get lucky and they'll let you keep the summer tires when they swap you to all-seasons (that's what happened to me).

So just enjoy that fine automobile and appreciate the time you get back by not incessantly checking the Tesla Ap for a VIN every hour!
Thanks! Good to hear. I do think they will let me keep the summer tires. Were you able to sell yours? I am not sure how the market would be for these tires in the Midwest. I thought about getting a new set of wheels and changing them out at the end of winter but I do not think the Iowa Winters are bad enough that they require winter tires and all seasons should be fine. Plus storing extra tires is cumbersome. Also, without the necessity to rotate tires there is no good reason to take the tires on and off frequently.

I look forward to putting many miles on the car over the years! Drive safe.

Reactions: TigerBoo
Congratulations!
Glad most things were as you wished.
On your insurance question. I don't think it's available in your state as of yet, but I do recommend Tesla insurance. For my 2022 Plaid I'm at $95, with a safety score of 94. For the brief time I had a MSLR VIN assigned in December, the default monthly was $88, with the beginning 90 safety score. My particulars, age 64, don't put a lot of miles on and have a spotless record. Tesla was quite a bit less than anyone.
If you're a aggressive driver, skip it. The safety score will drop down and monthly will skyrocket.
Thanks for the information. Good advice. I'm not sure I want Tesla insurance checking my safety score the first couple weeks after getting the new car though! It is too fun to drive. 😎😃

Congrats sir! Great news. I can't wait for my own experience.

Thanks for the awesome recap. Glad your experience here in KC for pickup was smooth.

I wonder if my MSM was on the lot…I had really hoped for a call to pick up earlier than Tuesday, but with the number of deliveries you mentioned, it makes sense. Plus, who knows if the car has even arrived (they told me it was scheduled to get here on June 1).

Also, glad to know the fit and legroom is good. I’m 6’4” myself and was worried. This is obviously the first car I have ever bought without sitting in it and test driving it.

I confirmed with Tesla on the phone last week my VIN is also pre-swivel screen. I wasn’t going to let that stop me though, after almost 1 full year of waiting.

Summer tires would bum me out. Not so much because of snow and stuff we get in KC, but the summers are supposedly not rated to drive below 40 degrees, which we do get temps for extended times below that all winter long. I’m going to push for the swap as well, and hope I’m not given any problems.

Congrats on the new car. I can’t wait for Tuesday!! Keep us posted after you’ve had it for a bit and let us know how it’s going.