Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a vin yesterday for my Dec 21 (RN1162 blue/cream/19"/no FSD) order. Of course I received the text telling me I had a vin after I landed in Florida for a week long vacation. Waiting to see if I can do all the Insurance and trade in stuff after I get back next week. Still shows Jun 17-24 EDD so I think it'll be OK but with Tesla who knows.

Edit: almost forgot the vin is NF480...

Took delivery Saturday! What a car! Has a slightly misaligned roof, and passenger doors are, but the agent talked me out of getting those looked at. Each where just a few millimetres. Small scratch on rear bumper, but they’re gonna order in a new part to fix that.

It is a giant step up from my model 3, so fun to drive, and feels very nice inside.

Attachments

• BF986B4C-BD16-48FB-908D-4222888BC59A.jpeg
    BF986B4C-BD16-48FB-908D-4222888BC59A.jpeg
    889.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 5870E503-B3B8-4BF9-8ABB-ECF1DA5688E3.jpeg
    5870E503-B3B8-4BF9-8ABB-ECF1DA5688E3.jpeg
    849.9 KB · Views: 111
  • 0877B09D-711D-4B59-BA74-FF58E3D8E5B9.jpeg
    0877B09D-711D-4B59-BA74-FF58E3D8E5B9.jpeg
    923.5 KB · Views: 118
Does anyone have a good pictures/examples of bad panel gaps?
Here is a pic of a good gap, with a clear coat paint drip included, no extra charge!

This was achieved apparently by using a hammer to move the door hinge, as seen by the missing paint and deformed metal in the second pic.

Attachments

• IMG_20220530_131624477.jpg
    IMG_20220530_131624477.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_20220530_131955396.jpg
    IMG_20220530_131955396.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 134
I got a vin yesterday for my Dec 21 (RN1162 blue/cream/19"/no FSD) order. Of course I received the text telling me I had a vin after I landed in Florida for a week long vacation. Waiting to see if I can do all the Insurance and trade in stuff after I get back next week. Still shows Jun 17-24 EDD so I think it'll be OK but with Tesla who knows.

All right! Hope there are more blue/cream deliveries coming up!

Ooooh. That's my exact build, Order Month and RN. Only, mine is w/ FSD. What part of the country are you in? My current EDD is July 13-August 24 in NY.

Took delivery Saturday! What a car! Has a slightly misaligned roof, and passenger doors are, but the agent talked me out of getting those looked at. Each where just a few millimetres. Small scratch on rear bumper, but they’re gonna order in a new part to fix that.

It is a giant step up from my model 3, so fun to drive, and feels very nice inside.
Hi David, I'll be picking my vehicle up in Vancouver as well. Did they let you inspect the interior before you accepted the delivery? Thanks!

I'm about to join the least desired exclusive one year club. My EDD was moved from June 7 - June 25 to June 21-July 7. As many have said it makes no logical sense and is even more frustrating given I have a fairly basic configuration, have never changed it or put the car on hold and I live in a major transportation hub. I have also seen others with my exact configuration get cars weeks ago.

While some say it is worth the wait I'm not so sure. I have owned two prior Model S cars so I know how they drive and I doubt my soon to be 2023 version will be that different. I wish I had not sold my 2017 100D.

I'm about to join the least desired exclusive one year club. My EDD was moved from June 7 - June 25 to June 21-July 7. As many have said it makes no logical sense and is even more frustrating given I have a fairly basic configuration, have never changed it or put the car on hold and I live in a major transportation hub. I have also seen others with my exact configuration get cars weeks ago.

While some say it is worth the wait I'm not so sure. I have owned two prior Model S cars so I know how they drive and I doubt my soon to be 2023 version will be that different. I wish I had not sold my 2017 100D.
Welcome! 🙃 Yes no one wants to be in this club.

The part about being on top of a major transportation hub is what gets me. I'm just west of Chicago. Seeing my configuration passing by as it goes to months newer orders on the East Coast is unsettling to say the least.

In all honesty, I can't say I'd ever do this again without knowing the delivery system has been overhauled.

I'm over being irritated about being constantly passed over. I'm over making excuses for Tesla's lack of order equity. I'm over not being automatically assigned the VIN to my Plaid as it sat in inventory in Chicago. That just locked in the notion that Tesla wanted to sell it at the new price. In short, I'm just over it all. When or if my MS LR order ever comes in, I'll be sure to treat that process in kind as I've been treated.

Last edited:
Hi David, I'll be picking my vehicle up in Vancouver as well. Did they let you inspect the interior before you accepted the delivery? Thanks!
They did! They bring it out first, let you take a look, get you to sit in it, explain everything. They are very helpful, there was some adhesive on the roof I thought was a scratch and they took that off, and polished a smudge that was actually a scratch on the rear bumper.

Reactions: CWEB604
Just got an email from Tesla that says “you can trade in your current vehicle and apply the value to your upcoming Model S purchase.” Must be getting close! Current (14th) EDD is 6/20 - 7/11. Has anyone else received a similar email?
Yes, it came over as a text. I’ve also received it a few other times. Hoping this time I actually get a VIN.

Reactions: Rhyder and Joe Gii
I picked up the car last night, and it is awesome. It was overwhelming to drive at first, but it did not take too long to get more comfortable. I have grown used to the surround-view camera, which will be an adjustment. The car is silky smooth, comfortable, and drives effortlessly. It is weird how it feels like it is just sliding down the road.

Delivery was smooth, and they gave me all the time (Aurora, CO Delivery Center) I needed to check the car out. It is a new facility, so they are not too busy. The checklist was beneficial and kept me from getting too excited. All mats, key fobs, and truck pieces were there.

A few minor issues that I have submitted service tickets for already.
  • Misaligned exterior trim on front driver side - Delivery said that is the best they can do, but I think we can do better
  • Decent size scratch on the rear driver side trim - Noticed at detailer they said it might buff out
  • Misaligned interior trim on front passenger side - Delivery said there might not be much they can do but this needs to be improved
  • A couple of exterior scuffs should come out at the detailer - I submitted a ticket just in case they do not
The car is out for coating and tint for the rest of the week, but I have attached a few quick pics. I also attached pics of misaligned pieces. I am looking forward to getting the car back on Friday.

Attachments

• IMG_3760.jpg
    IMG_3760.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3764.jpg
    IMG_3764.jpg
    697 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3759.jpg
    IMG_3759.jpg
    653.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3758.jpg
    IMG_3758.jpg
    914.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3761.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 86
Welcome! 🙃 Yes no one wants to be in this club.

The part about being on top of a major transportation hub is what gets me. I'm just west of Chicago. Seeing my configuration passing by as it goes to months newer orders on the East Coast is unsettling to say the least.

In all honesty, I can't say I'd ever do this again without knowing the delivery system has been overhauled.

I'm over being irritated about being constantly passed over. I'm over making excuses for Tesla's lack of order equity. I'm over not being automatically assigned the VIN to my Plaid as it sat in inventory in Chicago. That just locked in the notion that Tesla wanted to sell it at the new price. In short, I'm just over it all. When or if my MS LR order ever comes in, I'll be sure to treat that process in kind as I've been treated.
I feel the same way bro. I myself am not in the 1 year club yet - still 2.5 months away or so - but feel just as disappointed. I remember thinking back to this winter when I thought about how freaking cool it would be to have my new car now for the summer. Ugh 😮‍💨

Reactions: JakesterMcZap
I feel the same way bro. I myself am not in the 1 year club yet - still 2.5 months away or so - but feel just as disappointed. I remember thinking back to this winter when I thought about how freaking cool it would be to have my new car now for the summer. Ugh 😮‍💨
It really does take the shine off of and excitement out getting a new car. I've read the term "It's a Tesla desert in the Midwest", several times here on the forum. I guess we can confirm its existence.