Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S LR Delivery Tracking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up the car last night, and it is awesome. It was overwhelming to drive at first, but it did not take too long to get more comfortable. I have grown used to the surround-view camera, which will be an adjustment. The car is silky smooth, comfortable, and drives effortlessly. It is weird how it feels like it is just sliding down the road.

Delivery was smooth, and they gave me all the time (Aurora, CO Delivery Center) I needed to check the car out. It is a new facility, so they are not too busy. The checklist was beneficial and kept me from getting too excited. All mats, key fobs, and truck pieces were there.

A few minor issues that I have submitted service tickets for already.
  • Misaligned exterior trim on front driver side - Delivery said that is the best they can do, but I think we can do better
  • Decent size scratch on the rear driver side trim - Noticed at detailer they said it might buff out
  • Misaligned interior trim on front passenger side - Delivery said there might not be much they can do but this needs to be improved
  • A couple of exterior scuffs should come out at the detailer - I submitted a ticket just in case they do not
The car is out for coating and tint for the rest of the week, but I have attached a few quick pics. I also attached pics of misaligned pieces. I am looking forward to getting the car back on Friday.
Congrats! I’m jealous for sure

This is a bit of a surprise for Tesla to change course on FSD technology in future vehicles. ;)

"Tesla has filed to use a new radar in its electric vehicles, and everyone is confused since Elon Musk has made it clear that Tesla plans to achieve self-driving with camera-based vision only. After years of using a suite of sensors that included both cameras and a radar, Tesla announced a transition to its “Tesla Vision” system without radar and only using cameras and neural nets.

The move has some Tesla owners who bought Tesla’s Full Self-Driving worried that their vision-based system is now not going to be enough if Tesla decides to add new hardware. Since 2016, Tesla has claimed that all its vehicles produced are equipped with all the hardware necessary to achieve self-driving capability in the future through software updates. It turned out to be not true as Tesla needed to upgrade the onboard computer. Now they are also concerned about some of the older cameras inside the vehicles, and as we learn today, a new radar might be added to the list."

Reactions: Valtteri
This is a bit of a surprise for Tesla to change course on FSD technology in future vehicles. ;)

"Tesla has filed to use a new radar in its electric vehicles, and everyone is confused since Elon Musk has made it clear that Tesla plans to achieve self-driving with camera-based vision only. After years of using a suite of sensors that included both cameras and a radar, Tesla announced a transition to its “Tesla Vision” system without radar and only using cameras and neural nets.

The move has some Tesla owners who bought Tesla’s Full Self-Driving worried that their vision-based system is now not going to be enough if Tesla decides to add new hardware. Since 2016, Tesla has claimed that all its vehicles produced are equipped with all the hardware necessary to achieve self-driving capability in the future through software updates. It turned out to be not true as Tesla needed to upgrade the onboard computer. Now they are also concerned about some of the older cameras inside the vehicles, and as we learn today, a new radar might be added to the list."

Honestly elons a clown
People that still take him for his word for truth right now is just whack.

Can't wait for a proper Tesla competition one day but for now I'll have to make do with thjs.

Im switching the minute/hr/year a proper competitor from perhaps legacy manufacturers come out with somethjng worth the drive/price

Honestly elons a clown

Can't wait for a proper Tesla competition one day but for now I'll have to make do with thjs.

Im switching the minute/hr/year a proper competitor from perhaps legacy manufacturers come out with somethjng worth the drive/price
And all the other big manufacturers are following this clowns footsteps. Ford is bypassing dealers on EV’s, Rivian claims to be starting it’s own charging network. Ford is building battery plants. You don’t think they won’t follow the incremental change model. Or promise things that might be late. GM promised to be first with the Volt. How’s that going for them.

It’s gonna be hard to catch up to Elon. Elon is at least 5 years ahead, if not more. Think you’re gonna be waiting a long time. It will take 10 years to catch up and that assumes Elon moves slow and others move faster.

Reactions: FlatSix911
Honestly elons a clown

Just for clarification, F will not (and cannot due to franchise laws) ‘bypass’ dealers. While you can order EVs from its site, you will have to take delivery (and deal with) independent dealers for delivery, financial services, and vehicle service.

On another note-what Tesla has achieved is beyond historical in the automotive sector-while Elon is very problematic, examining the ‘founders’ of other OEMs can revel some serious issues at best as well.

Reactions: Joe Gii and Rhyder
Picked up my car end of January. It had a small rear dent and scratch on right door panel. Took it back to Tesla and they were able to repair these with a local body shop. Issue was they had to remove my rear glass to work on it, and when installing the new glass, it was cracked. I’m going on over a month waiting to get my car back and they have no rear glass in inventory. Safelite quoted me 2-3 months of wait time. Guess I’m stuck riding my loaner model 3 for now

Picked up my car end of January. It had a small rear dent and scratch on right door panel. Took it back to Tesla and they were able to repair these with a local body shop. Issue was they had to remove my rear glass to work on it, and when installing the new glass, it was cracked. I’m going on over a month waiting to get my car back and they have no rear glass in inventory. Safelite quoted me 2-3 months of wait time. Guess I’m stuck riding my loaner model 3 for now
Terrible. Legit fear I have with Tesla. At least you have a loaner

Reactions: SureThing
Does anyone know if Tesla still lets you put a hold on a reservation for 30 days? I was given a Model S VIN Monday and I tried to put a hold on the car but they told me I can't. They said I can let that VIN go and once I get the next one I have to take the car or I lose it. So today I checked my account an it shows a new VIN with basically same delivery date as previous one. I have a NF480 VIN June 21-25th delivery.

Does anyone know if Tesla still lets you put a hold on a reservation for 30 days? I was given a Model S VIN Monday and I tried to put a hold on the car but they told me I can't. They said I can let that VIN go and once I get the next one I have to take the car or I lose it. So today I checked my account an it shows a new VIN with basically same delivery date as previous one. I have a NF480 VIN June 21-25th delivery.
When did you place your order? The current order agreement only allows you to delay up to 30 days past the order date. So no, in general they aren't allowing orders to be put on hold anymore. (They are tired of people placing orders to lock in the price, and then wait for new features, or the price to go up.)

What order agreement you looking at? That doesn't make sense.
The one you agree to when placing your order: https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=US&model_code=ms

In one section it says you have up to 30 days from when they first contact you:

1654797159102.png

In another section it says you only have 90 days from your order date:

1654797211337.png

So I misremembered a little bit. But if you are 90 days past your order date, they don't have to allow you any delays. So you get somewhere between 30 days after they first try to setup delivery and 90 days after you placed the order.

And they can always use the "bad faith" clause at any time if you reject multiple attempted deliveries with no "valid" reason.

Reactions: stok1232
The one you agree to when placing your order: https://www.tesla.com/order/download-order-agreement?redirect=no&country=US&model_code=ms

In one section it says you have up to 30 days from when they first contact you:

View attachment 814644

In another section it says you only have 90 days from your order date:

View attachment 814645

So I misremembered a little bit. But if you are 90 days past your order date, they don't have to allow you any delays. So you get somewhere between 30 days after they first try to setup delivery and 90 days after you placed the order.

And they can always use the "bad faith" clause at any time if you reject multiple attempted deliveries with no "valid" reason.
Thank you for that. I was successful in putting my Model X on hold in May (reserved Sept 2021) so I maybe I just got lucky on that one and they weren't suppose to do that.

I picked up the car last night, and it is awesome. It was overwhelming to drive at first, but it did not take too long to get more comfortable. I have grown used to the surround-view camera, which will be an adjustment. The car is silky smooth, comfortable, and drives effortlessly. It is weird how it feels like it is just sliding down the road.

Delivery was smooth, and they gave me all the time (Aurora, CO Delivery Center) I needed to check the car out. It is a new facility, so they are not too busy. The checklist was beneficial and kept me from getting too excited. All mats, key fobs, and truck pieces were there.

A few minor issues that I have submitted service tickets for already.
  • Misaligned exterior trim on front driver side - Delivery said that is the best they can do, but I think we can do better
  • Decent size scratch on the rear driver side trim - Noticed at detailer they said it might buff out
  • Misaligned interior trim on front passenger side - Delivery said there might not be much they can do but this needs to be improved
  • A couple of exterior scuffs should come out at the detailer - I submitted a ticket just in case they do not
The car is out for coating and tint for the rest of the week, but I have attached a few quick pics. I also attached pics of misaligned pieces. I am looking forward to getting the car back on Friday.
For your interior misalignment, my SA told me that there isn't any adjustment in there for this, and that taking the interior door panel off just to put it back on and hope it's in a different place would be fruitless. Also may introduce new rattles, etc. If you successfully get the SC to fix this, let me know. I have the same exact picture of my car!

For your interior misalignment, my SA told me that there isn't any adjustment in there for this, and that taking the interior door panel off just to put it back on and hope it's in a different place would be fruitless. Also may introduce new rattles, etc. If you successfully get the SC to fix this, let me know. I have the same exact picture of my car!
They told me the same thing, but I was unsure if I should believe it. I appreciate the input because that was in the back of my mind. The misalignment does not bother me as much as a rattle would.

I booked service out for a few weeks so I could drive around for a bit. We'll see if the detailer can get the scuffs out.

Thanks