Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like CongoBongo, I got the bad news this morning also that my EDD was pushed back another month. It's now moved from Dec 5 - Dec 31 to Jan 8 - Feb 5. Originally it was Sept.

Sad part is that I talked to my SA who on Friday who assured my I would get the car Vin this week. I know I know never listen to the SA but after months of waiting I had to make a call.

Just really sucks to be delayed again, while others who ordered later are getting their cars before those patiently waiting.

Like CongoBongo, I got the bad news this morning also that my EDD was pushed back another month. It's now moved from Dec 5 - Dec 31 to Jan 8 - Feb 5. Originally it was Sept.

Sad part is that I talked to my SA who on Friday who assured my I would get the car Vin this week. I know I know never listen to the SA but after months of waiting I had to make a call.

Just really sucks to be delayed again, while others who ordered later are getting their cars before those patiently waiting.
Ugh. I wonder if us 1151 will start to push to February soon.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

What totally sucks is that I put off the Holiday planning for this and now it's a month out with a bigger window. Essentially, Tesla is just saying

"don't plan anything for 2021 or 2022 because we don't know when we will let you know that you need to get over here within 3 days to pick up your car. Else, we will give it to someone else"

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop and watch mine get moved into Jan as well. The uncertainty is driving me nuts, we're heading back back to the office in mid Jan and I don't have a car atm.

I'm still holding steady at 1/16 - 2/13 on my RN1151 order for a MSLR Black/White/19/FSD. I just saw someone post that they had ordered an identical car (except for 21 inch wheels) in November, and his EDD is the same as mine! This may mean that Tesla has a batch of Black/White LR's planned for production in Dec/Jan. Or it may mean the monkey is just messing with us again...

Off topic, but it is my thread after all 🤷🏽‍♂️

So maybe a little tacky (or not), but the key card wraps from @iyordanov store are amazing. Highly, highly recommend. Plus, the white pairs well with the white interior. Waiting on my other keycard back from detailer to put the black carbon fiber on there and then debate between the two. Or maybe just keep one black and one white - matches my car that way.

img_1873-copy-png.741468

So maybe a little tacky (or not), but the key card wraps from @iyordanov store are amazing. Highly, highly recommend. Plus, the white pairs well with the white interior. Waiting on my other keycard back from detailer to put the black carbon fiber on there and then debate between the two. Or maybe just keep one black and one white - matches my car that way.

img_1873-copy-png.741468
Now I've seen everything

img_1873-copy-png.741468
funny, i bought 2 more cards in anticipation of my beast's arrival. i plan to keep one locked in the glove box as a valet key. yesterday i learned youi can pair a card to multiple cars (i ordered a Y for my wife) and then thought how we might differentiate cards, i figured i'd do my usual - put on a piece of scotch tape, write on it, and cover with another piece. thi sis a more elegant solution, though i'm probably going to stick with the scotch tape routine.
as for the white versus black, the white looks great, but how often will it be visible in your car, versus safely in your wallet?

I think it is very clear they are prioritizing closer cheaper deliveries assuming everything else batch wise and supply chain waive are identical
There is a lot of disagreement about that. I will say it rankles to see a later RN get the car sooner, I THINK it can be more of a logistics match, or a VIN passing from a failed purchaser to another.
and of course, Plaid gets a priority.
I did see the similar build to mine with a later RN and NO FSD get their car weeks ago, which again rankled.
I partly ordered the FSD in an attempt to get the car quicker.

so @doubleshot has created a monster. I spent about 90 minutes yesterday looking at the Chemical Guys products, and I think my plan is to get their ceramic coat stuff and do it myself - and skip the PPF.
However, being cold here, the biggest impediment is washing the car with their finish remover. I can apply the other stuff in my garage, but not wash there, and likely to be very cold outside and not fun (unlike the summer)
I might spend a few hundred or whatever and have it professionally applied (so different stuff) but the CG videos make it seem amazing and simple to apply.
I know this is off toic to the thread, but I welcome any input.
As an aside, I did buy the chemical guy's fabric stuff - from the descriptions the interior protector might have been better for the seats per se, but doubleshot said he did the seats and they felt no different, and i figure i can use the stuff on the panels and carpeting as well.

If there is one thing that is absolutely consistent, it's that the SAs whether assigned or through Tesla chat, have no idea what is going on.

funny, i bought 2 more cards in anticipation of my beast's arrival. i plan to keep one locked in the glove box as a valet key. yesterday i learned youi can pair a card to multiple cars (i ordered a Y for my wife) and then thought how we might differentiate cards, i figured i'd do my usual - put on a piece of scotch tape, write on it, and cover with another piece. thi sis a more elegant solution, though i'm probably going to stick with the scotch tape routine.
as for the white versus black, the white looks great, but how often will it be visible in your car, versus safely in your wallet?
So I am not too sure I am going to be keeping one in my car. I have not researched enough of that and fear that the car is just sitting unlocked with a key inside. Not my cup of tea. So it will probably one in my wallet if it is anywhere.