Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks gorgeous. Which coating, any prior experience, and would you recommend? (I guess you’d recommend or you wouldn’t use, but had to ask). Thanks!
I'm using this

I've had good luck with Chemical Guys. One of the guys at work has white seats and used this as well. Scares me a little to have just sprayed stuff on brand new seats hah. It's looking great today though. About to go put another coat on. I applied to the seats and all the white accents on the doors.

PXL_20211204_223002494.jpg

After a week of PPF and ceramic I got the car back today. After being somewhat hesitant getting a 2021 I could not be happier. Everything about the car is great. The PPF guy said the paid was as good as any car he has seen even with all the exotics in Scottsdale. Gaps and very good and consistent. I did see the distortion in the rear window but it is only the bottom 2 inches and I had to really search for it. The PPF is Expel and there are NO SEAMS ... amazing job. First time for PPF for me and I am really impressed. 2 Model S's really fill up a garage.

Attachments

• Model S.jpg
    Model S.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 62
  • S 2.jpg
    S 2.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 58
After a week of PPF and ceramic I got the car back today. After being somewhat hesitant getting a 2021 I could not be happier. Everything about the car is great. The PPF guy said the paid was as good as any car he has seen even with all the exotics in Scottsdale. Gaps and very good and consistent. I did see the distortion in the rear window but it is only the bottom 2 inches and I had to really search for it. The PPF is Expel and there are NO SEAMS ... amazing job. First time for PPF for me and I am really impressed. 2 Model S's really fill up a garage.
What’s your evaluation of the evolution of your old S to the new one?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm using this

I've had good luck with Chemical Guys. One of the guys at work has white seats and used this as well. Scares me a little to have just sprayed stuff on brand new seats hah. It's looking great today though. About to go put another coat on. I applied to the seats and all the white accents on the doors.
Have you seen if it bears, etc.? I read some reviews on Amazon, a lot of hate there. You sensitized me to getting those white seats coated, if you still stand by it since you applied I’ll order it now so it is ready when my baby finally arrives, thanks!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What’s your evaluation of the evolution of your old S to the new one?
Kyle ~~ I actually thought there would be a huge difference but I drove them both today and am still totally enamored with the P85. I can't believe after 113.000 miles a car could be so tight and still feeling like new. The power is instantaneous with the Plaid of course but the IP is a little overwhelming at first look. I have not taken the time to see all the videos available and still don't know how many things work. Price is one of the biggest surprises. My 2014 P85 was $106,000 with the only option of a sunroof and dual chargers. No leather, suspension, radio upgrade, etc. Pretty stripped for that price. Also no AP1. In 7 years, one would think the price for the Plaid would be at least double. One loaded, seven years newer for less than $15,000 difference is astounding.

I do love the minimalist interior of the Plaid. Again, the screen is packed with info and maybe in time I will understand it. First thing I looked at was the suspension height so I would not scrap the front coming into my drive. It was easy to do since I knew what to look for. I have heard many say they really like the yoke steering. I don't mind it, but I drive with my hand in my lap and if the yoke had a bottom half of the wheel, I would like it much more. It is easy to see the entire IP though. Hope this helps .. oh, the PPF I used is Eurocarsdetail off of Cave Creek Rd. Attention to detail was amazing. He told me today he got 3 more jobs after they saw his work on my car. Not a seam anywhere and he topped it with ceramic. Hope this helps.

Have you seen if it bears, etc.? I read some reviews on Amazon, a lot of hate there. You sensitized me to getting those white seats coated, if you still stand by it since you applied I’ll order it now so it is ready when my baby finally arrives, thanks!
So far so good. Takes a slight mist to apply. I let sit for about 20 min and then took a microfiber w some extra on it and wiped them down. 5 minutes later repeat and let it sit for another 20 min. Next morning I did a third coat. Third coat after 20 minutes was pretty much still just sitting on the surface as the previous coats are hydrophobic now. I'll take some pics after a week for y'all

So far so good. Takes a slight mist to apply. I let sit for about 20 min and then took a microfiber w some extra on it and wiped them down. 5 minutes later repeat and let it sit for another 20 min. Next morning I did a third coat. Third coat after 20 minutes was pretty much still just sitting on the surface as the previous coats are hydrophobic now. I'll take some pics after a week for y'all
I’ve seen that the white seats hold up quite well without a coating. What makes you so sure this is needed? My concern is a 3rd party product could cause more harm than good.

Do you know of any comparison videos of Tesla white seats with and without this coating.

I’ve seen that the white seats hold up quite well without a coating. What makes you so sure this is needed? My concern is a 3rd party product could cause more harm than good.

Do you know of any comparison videos of Tesla white seats with and without this coating.
I am just going off a friend that did for his and had good success on the white seats in a M3. No idea if the coating that comes on the seats is better. I know I've always done some sort of protection on all my other cars, not this but leather conditioner and sealant etc. Right now, seats still look fantastic, I just wanna make sure they stay that way :)

thank you - i'd also be very interested to hear how it is wearing - i guess 1) initial resistance to jeans/discoloration, 2) ease of clean up, and 3) if it still beads after say, a month.
the videos i've seen show a mostly white looking seat, maybe 1 or 2 strips of painter's tape. dawn and water versus commercial cleaner, versus baby wipes seem to produce the same results (one video guy complained about baby wipe residue).
there's no long term test showing say, 1/2 the seat ceramic coated, and 1/2 not which would really be the best way to tell if it is worth it.
but, for about $30, if it didn't HARM your seat, and there is some hydrophic action beyond the factory, AND per the chemical guys it has UV protection, well, it seems AT WORST i'll dump $30 on snake oil (which may also have UV protection)
thank you!

thank you - i'd also be very interested to hear how it is wearing - i guess 1) initial resistance to jeans/discoloration, 2) ease of clean up, and 3) if it still beads after say, a month.
the videos i've seen show a mostly white looking seat, maybe 1 or 2 strips of painter's tape. dawn and water versus commercial cleaner, versus baby wipes seem to produce the same results (one video guy complained about baby wipe residue).
there's no long term test showing say, 1/2 the seat ceramic coated, and 1/2 not which would really be the best way to tell if it is worth it.
but, for about $30, if it didn't HARM your seat, and there is some hydrophic action beyond the factory, AND per the chemical guys it has UV protection, well, it seems AT WORST i'll dump $30 on snake oil (which may also have UV protection)
thank you!
I wear blue jeans pretty much every day so should be a good test to see how well it holds up :) that was my same reasoning too $30 to get some extra protection even if it is snake oil isn't breaking the bank lol. I spend more on microfiber towels 😂