Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man!!! I don’t know what to think anymore. It’s been 7 years and the order to delivery experience hasn’t changed one bit! Luckily the post delivery experience makes me forget the pre delivery experience.

But I don’t put it past the mothership to continue to get worse at this!
How sad; based on your posted information, it's amazing the company is still in business and continuing it's shameful actions. I do hope your end result is satisfactory to you!!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That’s irrelevant if the configuration is different. Why should they sell the car to you at a ‘discount’ when their policy is very simple, if you change your config you pay the current price. That’s true whether through the configurator or in person for a pre-built car. As long as you don’t see cars with your exact configuration becoming available in your area then there isn’t anything to complain about IMO.
So your feeling is that despite my ordering in February, and a car coming available today, because I guessed wrong on interior color, I should wait until Oct and the guy who ordered in July should get this one because either:
1. He guessed right on interior
2. He is willing to pay an extra $10k ?
See, no one said that white interiors would be delayed. And I don’t think they knew that it would be. But that’s the point. Neither party knew it would be delayed. So I would expect Tesla to not only be apologetic, but conciliatory when it comes to THEIR DELAYS. Or do you feel like these actions represent good customer service?

So your feeling is that despite my ordering in February, and a car coming available today, because I guessed wrong on interior color, I should wait until Oct and the guy who ordered in July should get this one because either:
See, no one said that white interiors would be delayed. And I don’t think they knew that it would be. But that’s the point. Neither party knew it would be delayed. So I would expect Tesla to not only be apologetic, but conciliatory when it comes to THEIR DELAYS. Or do you feel like these actions represent good customer service?
Tesla, apologetic? Several other words might better apply - deceit, lies, arrogance, yada yada.

I Had Feb delivery estimate so I took the chance few days ago and ordered an inventory white plaid with black and carbon interior for 10k more(aug 27 delivery). Night after I placed my inventory order my old reservation delivery estimate changed from Feb to Oct 11-30. I canceled my inventory plaid order because I think 5 weeks of wait is well worth the 10k reduced price. Today the estimate delivery changed to blank.... Much frustrated, Very Tesla.

I Had Feb delivery estimate so I took the chance few days ago and ordered an inventory white plaid with black and carbon interior for 10k more(aug 27 delivery). Night after I placed my inventory order my old reservation delivery estimate changed from Feb to Oct 11-30. I canceled my inventory plaid order because I think 5 weeks of wait is well worth the 10k reduced price. Today the estimate delivery changed to blank.... Much frustrated, Very Tesla.
Welcome to Tesla World

Intuition tells me that if things start changing within days of each other, that means the stars are aligning! Let’s hope things switch from blank to something else in 3-4 days again… that’ll be a sign!

alternatively this could all be worth less than the square root of F|_|ckall…
I think Mr. Musk calls it square "metre"

hoping this is just a head-fake...you have to have a sense of humor here...the alternative is not productive.

No one "guessed" the right color interior. It is what they ordered. Sorry there is a pandemic and supply chain nightmares. Or quality issues producing the white seats.

He is not "willing" to pay the extra $10,000. That is the price at which they ordered at.

Sure, they did not "say" it, but they might not have know that white seats would be delayed? Much less the entire car. But as soon as it became apparent, the designer was updated. I think @doubleshot has the screenshot that says "White interiors will ship in September" per the designer. Could Tesla have done better to either 1) communicate to orders? Sure. 1000%; or 2) offer a one-time change sans price increase? Sure. But when has Tesla ever done that? What other car manufactures do that?

I can certainly agree that this process sucks. But not much we can change about it. And Tesla is not out to get you or rub it in your face that they are delivering to your neighbor to give you a virtual middle finger. They are trying to deliver cars as fast as they can make them with the parts available, balancing routine quarter logistics. I do not envy the planners job because I am sure they recognize that there are people waiting eight months for a car while delivering a car that someone ordered two weeks ago.

No one "guessed" the right color interior. It is what they ordered. Sorry there is a pandemic and supply chain nightmares. Or quality issues producing the white seats.

He is not "willing" to pay the extra $10,000. That is the price at which they ordered at.

Sure, they did not "say" it, but they might not have know that white seats would be delayed? Much less the entire car. But as soon as it became apparent, the designer was updated. I think @doubleshot has the screenshot that says "White interiors will ship in September" per the designer. Could Tesla have done better to either 1) communicate to orders? Sure. 1000%; or 2) offer a one-time change sans price increase? Sure. But when has Tesla ever done that? What other car manufactures do that?

I can certainly agree that this process sucks. But not much we can change about it. And Tesla is not out to get you or rub it in your face that they are delivering to your neighbor to give you a virtual middle finger. They are trying to deliver cars as fast as they can make them with the parts available, balancing routine quarter logistics. I do not envy the planners job because I am sure they recognize that there are people waiting eight months for a car while delivering a car that someone ordered two weeks ago.
Interesting; thx!

I'm hoping this means as we're finally close to Sept they're about to start making the white interiors and y'all will be moving up in timelines. You both have early orders, hoping this is a good sign!
Well mine has been Dec 11-Dec31 for over a week, so what does that mean? Lol

This. Is. Maddening.