Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I test drive my buddy's Polestar 2 tonight. I really don't want to like it. If I bought one, it would be 2/3 the cost of the LR, and I'd get the $7,500 rebate, so the economics are nice.

Range seems meh to me, but maybe very usable - figure about 290 after a software update, right now about 260, and if yo charge to 80% or 90% of that, it's getting into the "charge frequently" arena - but I seldom drive more than 75 miles in any direction, so 150 plus vampire drain and climate control plus a little stomping should be fine for most of my driving (work is 6 miles from home).

Free charging for 2 years on one of the networks.

Some decent things going on.

And sigh, here's where the "rubber meets the road" - no potential for FSD or at least NoA. No funky Tesla stuff. and I'd likely really have buyer's remorse.
Sigh. Tesla hooked me but good. No reliable dates? No communication. Ha, lay it on me and I'll come back for me. Pay for FSD, which doesn't work, then audition and beg for the allowance to download it? Sure, why not. I want the damned S. and nothing else will scratch that itch.

I admit I want the Plaid now, but I refuse to pay the price difference, so there's that. Early on I only considered it as a 0-60 thing, and that may have been my excuse or justification to avoid it. I also felt (and feel) it will depreciate quicker than the LR. And I viewed the LR as a better "value" - so even though I'd love a Plaid, I'd just as surely love an LR. If it ever comes in my lifetime.

Sigh.

I test drive my buddy's Polestar 2 tonight. I really don't want to like it. If I bought one, it would be 2/3 the cost of the LR, and I'd get the $7,500 rebate, so the economics are nice.

Range seems meh to me, but maybe very usable - figure about 290 after a software update, right now about 260, and if yo charge to 80% or 90% of that, it's getting into the "charge frequently" arena - but I seldom drive more than 75 miles in any direction, so 150 plus vampire drain and climate control plus a little stomping should be fine for most of my driving (work is 6 miles from home).

Free charging for 2 years on one of the networks.

Some decent things going on.

And sigh, here's where the "rubber meets the road" - no potential for FSD or at least NoA. No funky Tesla stuff. and I'd likely really have buyer's remorse.
Sigh. Tesla hooked me but good. No reliable dates? No communication. Ha, lay it on me and I'll come back for me. Pay for FSD, which doesn't work, then audition and beg for the allowance to download it? Sure, why not. I want the damned S. and nothing else will scratch that itch.

I admit I want the Plaid now, but I refuse to pay the price difference, so there's that. Early on I only considered it as a 0-60 thing, and that may have been my excuse or justification to avoid it. I also felt (and feel) it will depreciate quicker than the LR. And I viewed the LR as a better "value" - so even though I'd love a Plaid, I'd just as surely love an LR. If it ever comes in my lifetime.

Sigh.
The LR is about as fast as the older performance raven models so I don't think you'll be hurting for speed. As excited I am for the Plaid, I'm also scared there are so many of these amazingly fast cars on the street now haha.

Ordered Plaid - white/white carbon fiber - no FSD on October 1st.
Original DD was April - May of 2022
Yesterday account updated with EDD of December 16th-31st
Delivery Center is Tampa, FL
No idea why so fast....
Update this morning - Moved from December to October 24th - November 6th....
Called into my advisor and asked about switching trade ins since this is sooo quick.
Wife is not happy her Model X is taking so long, but excited to get my Model Y instead of our Gas guzzler Honda Odyssey that she has had for 2 years.

Delivery advisor said they are "apparently making a lot of white interiors now" since she has been fielding calls about updates to the white interiors.
She had nothing to say on Plaid vs. LR or the Model X tho...
Cheers, will update once I get a VIN

Called into my advisor and asked about switching trade ins since this is sooo quick.
Wife is not happy her Model X is taking so long, but excited to get my Model Y instead of our Gas guzzler Honda Odyssey that she has had for 2 years.

Delivery advisor said they are "apparently making a lot of white interiors now" since she has been fielding calls about updates to the white interiors.
Hey. Hey @Leodoc. Can you make room for this guy? October 1st order date. Thanks!

I am super excited to be within my EDD range for the first time since March! I am optimistic that Tesla has finally found a solution to the global white seats shortage over the past nine months and that I will get my car in October. I'd even put the odds as high as 20%!
Boy, your attitude changed. One day you want to sue Tesla, they are defrauding you and everyone else, and have every automaker under the sun sue them. The next you are "super excited".

I think it never occurred to Tesla that they should prioritize the pre-refresh orders like you who have been waiting for over a year. Priority goes to someone who recently bought a Plaid. Zero integrity company.
So, I called the delivery ops folks today and gently inquired about my Feb date.

They said it will definitely happen sooner, most certainly in this quarter and I was a priority for them.

I again gently inquired what sort of priority I had since they've already delivered 9000 Ss last quarter... I heard some paper rustling on the other end, then the line went dead!

I think it never occurred to Tesla that they should prioritize the pre-refresh orders like you who have been waiting for over a year. Priority goes to someone who recently bought a Plaid. Zero integrity company.
Oh, I am a newer order (late July) so I fully plan to wait a while. Lots ahead of me. I just keep hearing everyone having updated dates and I haven't had one in 3-4 weeks now. Probably for the best though if I think about it. Your dates keep moving all over... mine just stays blank so my expectations stay low. :p

My willpower is getting weak and I almost bought a used M3 this weekend to tide me over. But I have held strong... so far.

Meanwhile... I'm still blank for EDD. Maybe they forgot about me? @Bilmuri any update for you?
No update on my end, still blank EDD. Regretfully, I may have to jump ship until next time. My wife is tired of driving me around, and I'm tired of being driven around. Even the good EDDs are too fickle to put stock in. I think I'll give it one more week before I concede and try out a Taycan 4S while they still qualify for the tax credit. I think most white interiors ordered after June are going to end up at end of year push at best.

Godspeed to you all who ordered before June, I hope you get your cars soon. I'll see you on the road in something electric.

So, I called the delivery ops folks today and gently inquired about my Feb date.

They said it will definitely happen sooner, most certainly in this quarter and I was a priority for them.

I again gently inquired what sort of priority I had since they've already delivered 9000 Ss last quarter... I heard some paper rustling on the other end, then the line went dead!

Why does Tesla even provide these fake estimated delivery dates to customers? They clearly have no factual basis whatsoever. (See my signature below as evidence.) The SAs have completely different dates in their system; both estimates can't be accurate. Is Tesla lying to the customers, the SAs, or both? Based on some information unavailable to us, your SA felt confident proclaiming that your estimated delivery date is "definitely" wrong, but your SA's information is probably false too. The SAs have been fed false information the whole year. Meanwhile, many of us have had estimated delivery dates that are off by a year or so. It is time for Tesla to stop the charade.

I very much hope you're right about white interior production.

Cross posting from the main thread, i'm wondering if this can be why we have had an issue with white interiors.
1633977605870.png