Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to give a shout out to @impastu, @Btrflyl8e and @cwanja - you three have helped keep me company in my misery. And now that my misery is coming to an end, I will promise to help keep you company in yours!

By not sharing any photos until I see you guys get your VINs at least!

Oh yea, @doubleshot too!
YO WHAT ABOUT ME!?!?????!😭😭😭🥺🤣🤪

- @Leodoc

I wanted to give a shout out to @impastu, @Btrflyl8e and @cwanja - you three have helped keep me company in my misery. And now that my misery is coming to an end, I will promise to help keep you company in yours!

Oh yea, @doubleshot too!
Right on, glad your long road is coming to an end. Enjoy the car.

Finally almost there. You guys all rock!

1635262729264.png

First post here.

So I ordered 3/21, finally got a VIN 10/8 with delivery scheduled for 10/20. After assuring me a number of times the delivery time was good, they called me at 3pm the day before to let me know it failed inspection (something with HVAC) and they had to build a part in Fremont and mail here to fix before they can release and rescheduled me for this Friday.

As of today they still have no new info, haven’t received anything and seems like another reschedule is imminent. Has anyone else had this issue?

What is the first notice that you get a vin? email text twitter what
So:
I got an email from Tesla saying 'Your Model S Final Payment is ready.
I checked the Tesla app but no VIN and had the Oct 30- Nov 8 timeline.
Went to the Tesla site and on the page for the S I had a VIN and the finalize payment stuff.
It took several hours for my EDD to update to a 4 day window.
The app seemed to only show a VIN this morning.

Hoping you get a VIN soon, I really thought we'd be in the same batch!

Reactions: gpnyc and jm404

Oh yea, @doubleshot too!
Us Mother Frunkers gotta stick together, Vinnie!

I also couldn't find the autopilot beta button on my car, delivered on Sunday (and it said the software is up to date). I got through the autopilot calibration process, but still couldn't find the button. Similarly, I didn't see SiriusXM. The SA who did the delivery said it wasn't available, but who knows--I have the app on my phone, and just did it through bluetooth, and it was pretty seamless, particularly with the phone on the wireless charger, the display on it is really easy to read. Would love to know if you find either...
Autopilot beta showed up after I drove it for 15 miles -- to the dealership because they forgot to have me sign my loan check ;) The SA there said it needs to be driven on a highway for a bit to calibrate GPS and get real road data before it will appear.

that’s great. Same config as mine, ordered June 1, but delivery in Salt Lake City. Still says 12/27 - 12/31. It’s encouraging to see some blue ones being made.
Very interesting - you have a 4 or so day window - mine is 12/3 to 12/31. yours is like super precise. Backtracking, I figure 3 weeks shipping to get to me - not sure how long to get to you, but i'm amazed how narrow a range for you - anyway, for me at least, that tells me if 12/3 is even a possible first date, i have to roll back 3 weeks - let's say that puts me at roughly november 8 to ship - and it takes i think 4 to 5 days to build the beast - so really, if they don't start my car in the next week or so, i'm not at the beginning part of it. as you seem to be a 1 day drive from fremont, i'm not sure if they'd truck or train it, or how long that would take, but let's say 2 days at the most to get to your SC, so that tells me they're planning to finish your build by 12/22 or so (not accounting for x-mas)
other interesting part, some folks are getting blue like a month before me, who ordered after (curse of the tesla logistics monkey) - but that tells me (right or wrong) roughly when they expect blue batches.
Either way, good luck, and hopefully we'll both have our nice blue wheels sooner than later!