Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here.

So I ordered 3/21, finally got a VIN 10/8 with delivery scheduled for 10/20. After assuring me a number of times the delivery time was good, they called me at 3pm the day before to let me know it failed inspection (something with HVAC) and they had to build a part in Fremont and mail here to fix before they can release and rescheduled me for this Friday.

As of today they still have no new info, haven’t received anything and seems like another reschedule is imminent. Has anyone else had this issue?
that stinks, but i think it's better than taking delivery and having to bring it back - so at least quality control picked it up (why not in sunny california?) - other good part, i guess, your warranty, etc. doesn't start yet, while car might have been in shop for repair.
Hope you get it soon, and in great shape!

Very interesting - you have a 4 or so day window - mine is 12/3 to 12/31. yours is like super precise. Backtracking, I figure 3 weeks shipping to get to me - not sure how long to get to you, but i'm amazed how narrow a range for you - anyway, for me at least, that tells me if 12/3 is even a possible first date, i have to roll back 3 weeks - let's say that puts me at roughly november 8 to ship - and it takes i think 4 to 5 days to build the beast - so really, if they don't start my car in the next week or so, i'm not at the beginning part of it. as you seem to be a 1 day drive from fremont, i'm not sure if they'd truck or train it, or how long that would take, but let's say 2 days at the most to get to your SC, so that tells me they're planning to finish your build by 12/22 or so (not accounting for x-mas)
other interesting part, some folks are getting blue like a month before me, who ordered after (curse of the tesla logistics monkey) - but that tells me (right or wrong) roughly when they expect blue batches.
Either way, good luck, and hopefully we'll both have our nice blue wheels sooner than later!
Based on the reported VINs and color schemes, I have fingers crossed that they're going to start running MSM in the next week or two. Then back to Red, White, blue in mid November

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Quick update on my LR/Red/White/19/FSD 1/13 1143 order.

EDD narrowed even more to Dec 29-31. The internal build schedule has me soft matched for 31st. My contacts are saying hopefully sooner because 31 is by far the most insane day of the year for deliveries.

Might end up being the second New Years Model S I get! Same thing happened to me in 2016 on 31st.

Quick update on my LR/Red/White/19/FSD 1/13 1143 order.

EDD narrowed even more to Dec 29-31. The internal build schedule has me soft matched for 31st. My contacts are saying hopefully sooner because 31 is by far the most insane day of the year for deliveries.

Might end up being the second New Years Model S I get! Same thing happened to me in 2016 on 31st.

It's so weird with these EDDs, they make absolutely no sense at all. Mine is currently 1.5 months before yours, though you ordered 2 weeks before me. Same config except FSD.

But then there are people who ordered 2-3 months later with a white interior getting vins. Either Tesla is incompetent or something dirty is going on. My guess is a margin thing

Last edited:
I hope you get a VIN soon - if I get my car as expected, would be happy to meet up and show it to you - I have literally never sat in the new interior, although i had a model S for four years previously.

Anyway, good luck - sending positive vibes your way!
Thanks so much for the offer Filter let me know if you live near DC and I would be happy to meet up :).

Same with anyone else in the area that may want to see and sit in a car feel free to reach out to me once I get my car in December - hoping sooner.

(Cross posted)
Just scheduled to pick up my sexy Red/White/19s at Mt Kisco on Nov 7th. Waiting for confirmation on financing from DCU but looking at $50k for 65m at 1.24%
Will be heading straight to Automobilia Auto Salon for a full PPF, Ceramic & Tint. Beyond excited!
I opened an account and they want require direct deposit for that rate. Any tricks to getting it as I don't feel like changing my work Direct Deposits?

Interesting that you went from Plaid+ to LR. Disappointment with deduct of structural battery pack with 4680 cells and more modest range? I can see the logic in going to LR, which is a great value.
It was mainly that, yeah. LR at the time was super great value (my order agreement is 95k with fsd and everything). I figure the S/X will be last cars to get 4680 and there will be improvements to it then. It was hard to justify the price delta between that and plaid for more acceleration and slightly different seats.

I'm going to keep this car for probably 4-5 years then get the next S as a Plaid+ or whatever the equivalent top spec is.

EDIT: My contact got back to me and said that he has no idea about why my car is so much later than later orders of same config and that reconfigure date shouldn't have mattered. Who knows. Oh well.

Last edited:
I opened an account and they want require direct deposit for that rate. Any tricks to getting it as I don't feel like changing my work Direct Deposits?
I did a partial direct deposit, just enough to cover the monthly payment. That way you can use your preferred account the same way you always have.

It's so weird with these EDDs, they make absolutely no sense at all. Mine is currently 1.5 months before yours, though you ordered 2 weeks before me. Same config except FSD.

But then there are people who ordered 2-3 months later with a white interior getting vins. Either Tesla is incompetent or something dirty is going on. My guess is a margin thing
My guess is they’re marginally competent

Based on the reported VINs and color schemes, I have fingers crossed that they're going to start running MSM in the next week or two. Then back to Red, White, blue in mid November
I never really considered this. Do you think there’s a way to historically track vins or deliveries by color? I get the idea that white, then other colors may allow avoiding a cleaning of the paint equipment, but I’d imagine a bit through should clear it all, no? I also get, pick color A, do 20 cars or until paint runs out, then next batch…not sure if based on supply of paint, demand, algorithms, or what.