Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They do look at it. They even charge you $1.2k for the time it takes to look at it. They're just terrible at it.

View attachment 728501
At $40 / hour, its about 30 hours spent inspecting the car - longer than it takes to build it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Yeah those seemingly arbitrary fees do bug me, document, destination, delivery, how about I just pick it up from the factory and no delivery fee šŸ˜‚

Also $200k on a Tesla is eye-watering

• Funny
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
thanks for sharing. I doubt I would have had your self control. the wait. the driving, etc. - i'd just have taken it, and then been miserable over the flaws. Kudos to you!

It was hard to resist taking it, but I mostly just didnā€™t want to deal with the repairs. Ideally Iā€™d pickup the car and head straight to some PPF after a few launches. If I needed a daily driver Iā€™d prob just take it.

Maybe now theyā€™ll get the car fixed before whoever is next in line for delivery arrives to pickup the car. Iā€™ll consider this my act of community service to my fellow Tesla enthusiasts. šŸ˜‚

Dang. Just looked at my delivery date estimate and it's now pushed to Jan 24 to Feb 22 2022. I ordered this car in Jan 20, so it's going to be over a year for me to take delivery. On the bright side, my TSLA shares are paying down the car.
I wouldn't believe that EDD...

The "operations advisor" assigned to me -- never had a SA -- tells me that his "forecasting tool" says I'll be matched in 7-10 days.

5sq11m.jpg

For anyone interested:
(Cross post)
Ok here we go it's official! 2021.40 is going live for S3XY!

For anyone interested:
(Cross post)
Ok here we go it's official! 2021.40 is going live for S3XY!

Does it come to white interior vehicles? Stay on topic!

(kidding).

After waiting this long you deserve a 2022. What sort of issues did you discover? Have any pictures?

Here's the driver seat wrinkle. It's not dramatic but not something I want to see every time I go to drive my car:

1635893610097.png

1635893124567.png

Here's the infamous airbag worm (considered normal supposedly):

1635893183131.png

Here's the interior plastic liner stuck in the left hood gap. This one is laughable, how does this leave the factory a child would spot it:

1635893396281.png

Closeup:
1635893311448.png

The trunk gaps (hard to tell with photos but obvious to the human eye in person):

Left (wide)
1635893497469.png

Right (narrower)
1635893518828.png

Here's the driver seat wrinkle. It's not dramatic but not something I want to see every time I go to drive my car:

View attachment 728683

View attachment 728676

Here's the infamous airbag worm (considered normal supposedly):

View attachment 728677

Here's the interior plastic liner stuck in the left hood gap. This one is laughable, how does this leave the factory a child would spot it:

View attachment 728680

Closeup:
View attachment 728679

The trunk gaps (hard to tell with photos but obvious to the human eye in person):

Left (wide)
View attachment 728681

Right (narrower)
View attachment 728682
That liner... they should have been embarrassed by that. Horrible!