Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So it’s that precious time now - the evening before pickup day! As I sit here nursing an old fashioned glass of Tamdhu 25 Speyside scotch, reflecting on the last 14 months - feels like yesterday!

Cashiers check ready
Attire for tomorrow selected
Dinner reservation at a really far away restaurant done!

Sigh!
where yah going for dinner? :D

there has been a post saying Tesla only made that change the last two years to true up all the models and they're back to Jan 1 as the switchover. there's no proof either way. but, I'm gonna guess, we won't see NF on a MS till the MF Dec 31.
I’m not sure about that, I think I’ve been hearing about folks getting 2022’s for Y’s. Maybe they’ll treat the S differently, but if the Y’s are getting 2022s now, that won’t square up if S’s don’t.

I’m not sure about that, I think I’ve been hearing about folks getting 2022’s for Y’s. Maybe they’ll treat the S differently, but if the Y’s are getting 2022s now, that won’t square up if S’s don’t.
I saw the Y post, but EDD wasn't till Jan. eh. as with all of it. I'll believe it when I see a VIN (kinda like my EDD right now)

edit: just checked out the MY forum, yea looks like people are getting VINs with NF, but we haven't seen anything like that with the MS yet. I'd imagine there'd be way more MY to burn than MS sitting there. who knows. I don't care either way, I'd just like a car in my garage.

Last edited:
So it’s that precious time now - the evening before pickup day! As I sit here nursing an old fashioned glass of Tamdhu 25 Speyside scotch, reflecting on the last 14 months - feels like yesterday!

Cashiers check ready
Attire for tomorrow selected
Dinner reservation at a really far away restaurant done!

Sigh!
Where are you buying us dinner?

@doubleshot is showing up as valet tonight.
1636206540545.gif

My LR Blue/White/19 delivery was delayed to Monday...car was stuck in NJ transit hub.

Tesla made me run around, get coverage for call, and change my schedule so I could take delivery today (initially scheduled for 11/12) since they could only hold my car for 3 days and it would be here friday.

Love the cars, but the customer service needs some work.

Hopefully, will eventually have pictures...and a car :)

Got a call from SA today saying he now was a delivery window for me of Nov 20-29 and I should expect a VIN in the app soon, but he strongly urged me to request delivery be pushed back 1 week before the VIN is assigned. Says he needs the hold request in writing by email to enter it into the system.

His days don’t match what my app shows (Nov 17 - Dec 4th). He either wants me to delay it so my VIN is reassigned to someone and bump up their delivery date, or he suddenly cares and knows something about 22 VINs. Do I risk ending up in Feb-March land over this?

Got a call from SA today saying he now was a delivery window for me of Nov 20-29 and I should expect a VIN in the app soon, but he strongly urged me to request delivery be pushed back 1 week before the VIN is assigned. Says he needs the hold request in writing by email to enter it into the system.

His days don’t match what my app shows (Nov 17 - Dec 4th). He either wants me to delay it so my VIN is reassigned to someone and bump up their delivery date, or he suddenly cares and knows something about 22 VINs. Do I risk ending up in Feb-March land over this?
So push a delivery before a VIN is assigned. Yet you have no clue when a VIN is assigned.

Just leave this here.

giphy.gif

IMO get the car. While I prefer a 2022, I’m so tired of waiting I’ll take a 2021 as long as it has good build quality.