Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MS-LR VIN today so does that mean my car was built last week OR will be built next week? The 10th character is M so it must be a 2021 model. I think N specifies 2022. Do they wait until end of December or January for VIN letter change?
I believe they are doing the change on dec31 Jan 1st.
I don’t believe anyone has gotten a 2022.

I got my MS-LR VIN today so does that mean my car was built last week OR will be built next week? The 10th character is M so it must be a 2021 model. I think N specifies 2022. Do they wait until end of December or January for VIN letter change?
Kinda sucks, I am sure you remember the good old day‘s. 2019 2020 the were changing the years in October I believe.
now they may have went back to the old school way.
I will refuse a 2021 vin at this time if I get one.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just picked my baby up from Mt Kisco. 3 minor issues to sort: 2 wheel arch body panels need slight adjustment on the inside (bending), and one wheel arch inside trim needs sticking in. Other than that it's beautiful. One thing that stood out was the wood seems darker than some of the early cars I saw. I love the darker wood! Off for a drive home now!
Congratulations - Car looks beautiful! Hoping the color of the wood with the white is darker for my car also as the early ones looked a little too light to me.

Who said November will be 2022 vin?
I was told that Tesla went back to December 31 was the last 2021.
That’s how they did it for many years.
Another tidbit my contact told me, my car will be built Nov 8 and my car is “confirmed” to be a 2022. We’ll find out this week if he was correct.

Ohhh man I hope they are correct.
It’s the accept or decline for me.
You and me both. My contact has very reliable info so assuming he's correct that means Nov. 8 would be the start of 2022 VINs. After a 10 month wait it would be pretty sweet to have my build perfectly timed with the 2022 switch.

You and me both. My contact has very reliable info so assuming he's correct that means Nov. 8 would be the start of 2022 VINs. After a 10 month wait it would be pretty sweet to have my build perfectly timed with the 2022 switch.
Be careful, this IS Tesla. There may be a problem with the font of the letter N and then they may hold your car, or all cars, on a delivery hold like last time. And not tell us why..like last time.

A few musings after 2 days of having the car

1. My wife is afraid to drive the yolk :) it took me all of 30 seconds to get used to it. But the yolk could be a bit smaller - maybe 3 inches less wide.

2. The white interior makes the car look so much bigger on the inside. Maybe it actually is over the old S

3. Doors are hard to close. Needs a good thump. Maybe they’ll loosen up soon. Can’t do the half close on a couple yet.

4. 19” wheels look okay up close, but absolutely suck from 10 feet away. Tires are flush with the wheel, so no curb protection.

5. I want my energy graph back. WTF! I want to turn off the sound the boombox makes when put in reverse. WTF!

6. The car came with hard ppf over the rear impact area (between rear wheel and rear door)

As an accomplishment I was able to configure homelink - garage has been renamed Druidia

Last edited:

1. My wife is afraid to drive the yolk :) it took me all of 30 seconds to get used to it. But the yolk could be a bit smaller - maybe 3 inches less wide.

2. The white interior makes the car look so much bigger on the inside. Maybe it actually is over the old S

3. Doors are hard to close. Needs a good thump. Maybe they’ll loosen up soon. Can’t do the half close on a couple yet.

4. 19” wheels look okay up close, but absolutely suck from 10 feet away. Tires are flush with the wheel, so no curb protection.

5. I want my energy graph back. WTF! I want to turn off the sound the boombox makes when put in reverse. WTF!

6. The car came with hard ppf over the rear impact area (between rear wheel and rear door)

As an accomplishment I was able to configure homelink - garage has been renamed Druidia
Re #5 this must be your first EV. Boombox sound required by law for public safety.

#6 great to hear. You doing ppf? I usually don’t on mass produced cars since an entire bumper hood respray with oem pain no blending is about the same cost as decent ppf. But that area in front of the wheel would be a pita to respray