Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did they remove the active noise canceling feature? I'm on the latest update 2021.44.5 and I'm not seeing it here.

Attachments

• 20211209_201013.jpg
    20211209_201013.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 88
My current range is 12/17 to 12/30. I'm estimating 21 days to build and ship so my expectation is that if I don't have a vin in the next two days then it isn't happening in December. I'm currently in a lease extension and I have until the 15th of each month to return my truck or I can keep it for another 30 days. If I have a VIN before the 15th I'm taking it back to save the money. Your range is tight which I may have found hopeful a few months ago but after all that I've seen... it's more likely that everything means nothing. We'll either get a car before the EOQ or it's back to the grind of build schedules, parts shortages and delivery concerns. There are a number of cars constantly sitting in Princeton's overflow, usually 3-1 Plaids and there is always a white interior or two so anything is possible. This entire process has been a life lesson in patience. If I didn't need the car I may be grateful for it. Anyway, I hope yours comes asap!
Thanks, and good luck. I’m a Springfield pick up kinda guy. I spoke to an SA last Friday who said my car was being built and completed as we spoke, but since it takes I think 5 days to build an S, we’ll, I should have gotten a VIN. My EDD tightened 3 days, but that’s it.
I’m hopeful it comes right after the new year. We’ll see what happens…would have loved to have sold my current car, I think psychologically I could get more before the year ends, like $9.99 looks less expensive than $10.00 - but it is what it is…

I was until I finally took delivery! Still check in every couple of days to see who is still waiting.

I just got the windows tinted on mine, it looks amazing. I love every minute I get to spend in it, and cannot WAIT for my first road trip on the 20th!

Soon... you will be driving yours!!!
Thanks! I was too tired/lazy to comment that I loved your 3 generations of S photos in front of that tree….and glad the tree was still there and not hit by lightning or whatever!
glad you’re enjoying. Other than minor things, EVERYONE has said it was worth the wait.
i keep envisioning it, and how it would drive on certain roads, etc.
i am driving my current car harder…got practice for 0-60 in 3.1 drives around town! ;)

Did they remove the active noise canceling feature? I'm on the latest update 2021.44.5 and I'm not seeing it here.
It has never been "officially" released beside in Early Access Program member only. If you had it in 2020.40.6, you are in EAP. So if you had it then, and do not now, then yes they removed it. But if you never previously had it, you are no in EAP and still waiting.

Check your release notes too, that will let you know if you have it or not.

My current range is 12/17 to 12/30. I'm estimating 21 days to build and ship so my expectation is that if I don't have a vin in the next two days then it isn't happening in December. I'm currently in a lease extension and I have until the 15th of each month to return my truck or I can keep it for another 30 days. If I have a VIN before the 15th I'm taking it back to save the money. Your range is tight which I may have found hopeful a few months ago but after all that I've seen... it's more likely that everything means nothing. We'll either get a car before the EOQ or it's back to the grind of build schedules, parts shortages and delivery concerns. There are a number of cars constantly sitting in Princeton's overflow, usually 3-1 Plaids and there is always a white interior or two so anything is possible. This entire process has been a life lesson in patience. If I didn't need the car I may be grateful for it. Anyway, I hope yours comes asap!
I hate being right. EDD moved to January 8 to February 5.

As another 1151 datapoint, I have a mid June order that has had a Dec 21-30 EDD now for a couple weeks. Hoping for a VIN soon 🤞
Hopefully, your either going to hit that and get a VIN soon, or your going to bump out like many of us with RN1149-1150 or so that bumped to January-February. Being in CA you could fall in those dates or be an EOQ 2022 March.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hello it's me 11440 - Just back to report that my super narrow date of 12/26-12/30 has been pushed to Jan 7- Feb-4th. I'm currently pretty numb to disappointment, but still feel it somehow. My only therapeutic process is to type it out in this forum for the anguish we all suffer. 😅
Same here I got pushed from Dec to same Jan Feb window as yours and still having trouble accepting it or coping. Is that a white interior window ???? Is it another waiting pool and god only knows if it gets pushed even further???

Hello it's me 11440 - Just back to report that my super narrow date of 12/26-12/30 has been pushed to Jan 7- Feb-4th. I'm currently pretty numb to disappointment, but still feel it somehow. My only therapeutic process is to type it out in this forum for the anguish we all suffer. 😅
Oh wow, that hurts.

We keep getting pushed back but there's currently 116 Plaids in inventory: Tesla inventory in US

Brutal. I think we have the same config, except I ordered mine on 5/4. Much later than yours but earlier than most folks now.

I had an even narrower window of 12/30-12/31 which I never believed since it sounded like "we're gonna try to get it to you by the end of the year". Sure enough this changed last week to 12/31 - 1/28 or "there's an incredibly small and unlikely chance to get it to you by EoY. If we miss that one day, give us another 28 days to figure it out".

There's another thread for WA state deliveries and most of those without white interiors (ordered in June/July) are still sitting at the mid - end of Dec timeline.

EDD narrowed from Dec 2nd to Dec 8th. Yesterday I got the text/email to schedule the delivery and I selected the 10th. Fingers crossed everything goes smoothly!
I picked up my MS Plaid today from Superior, Colorado.
Black / White / CF / 21" / No FSD

Notable surprises (to me anyway):
- Carpet floormats were installed
- Rear cover installed
- Lower trunk covers installed
- AND Tesla is putting PPF on the rear fenders to the front of the rear wheels where we were seeing paint chips from the early deliveries. I called this out to the service advisor and he geeked out with me on it. He said they didn't do any announcements about it, but that they just started showing up with the film.
- Yoke worm is still there - the advisor said he hasn't seen one without.

I only drove it about 5 miles to the detail shop by my early impressions are (coming from a 2020 MXLR):
- This revision is more refined than the previous generation. The UI is simply better behind the wheel. It is cleaner and less obtrusive.
- The widescreen (again, I'm coming from an X with portrait orientation) with the different UI is going to take some getting used to.
- The yoke felt intuitive to me. Within minutes I was using the push button signals without hesitation. I think that getting the yoke position to be comfortable based on where you prefer to keep your arms while driving is key. Once I dialed that in (in the parking lot) it felt natural. Turning was weird and is going to take some practice.
- Holy effing $&% this thing has power! Of course Colorado is having a cold snap and we got a little snow in the morning and even though the highway was dry the combination of summer tires and the cold meant that traction control was working overtime when I hammered it. When they did grip it was heart-stopping!
- Speaking to the advisors they informed me that they have a winter tire/wheel package coming in stock soon. I verified that via the app too. They are showing out of stock, but this gives me hope that I'll actually be able to drive this thing over the winter!!!

PPF, tint, ceramic, etc. will happen over the next week, but I'll post pictures when it is finished!

- AND Tesla is putting PPF on the rear fenders to the front of the rear wheels where we were seeing paint chips from the early deliveries. I called this out to the service advisor and he geeked out with me on it. He said they didn't
Tesla has been installing PPF since June. Our friend got the first Plaid S in Colorado from Superior last June and his car had the PPF:
1639170275359.png

Tesla has been installing PPF since June. Our friend got the first Plaid S in Colorado from Superior last June and his car had the PPF:
View attachment 742857

I clearly haven't been paying attention to enough threads on here, lol!

This is great news though (to me at least) because it shows how Tesla continues to iterate over small things to continually make their vehicles better.

i declined my delivery today, wasn't happy with panel gaps on the rear passenger door, and the interior drivers door panel and dash was about an inch out of alignment.

car also had a chip in powder coat on the front passenger caliper, was missing floor mats and rear cargo floor cover. those could easily be replaced / fixed and if it were only these items i would have taken the car, but couldn't get past the door gaps. i will wait a bit longer for my 5th tesla i guess.

as much as i wanted the car, i declined. not going to take something and then have it drive me nuts every time i look at.

not judging anybody, but until we all start refusing delivery of cars with defects its not going to change. just a thought.

hopefully i get matched with a quality build quickly.

i declined my delivery today, wasn't happy with panel gaps on the rear passenger door, and the interior drivers door panel and dash was about an inch out of alignment.

car also had a chip in powder coat on the front passenger caliper, was missing floor mats and rear cargo floor cover. those could easily be replaced / fixed and if it were only these items i would have taken the car, but couldn't get past the door gaps. i will wait a bit longer for my 5th tesla i guess.

as much as i wanted the car, i declined. not going to take something and then have it drive me nuts every time i look at.

not judging anybody, but until we all start refusing delivery of cars with defects its not going to change. just a thought.

hopefully i get matched with a quality build quickly.
Sorry your build was lower quality, you made the right choice though. Unfortunately they’ll probably still sell the car tomorrow to the next smuck. Is your reservation still active for another car or was it canceled?