Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Updated EDD also. 6/17, white/white, LR, 19”, SF Bay Area. 12/23 - 12/31 to 12/10 - 12/31 to 12/14 - 12/31. Still holding on hope!
I think this is good news for the white/white orders. I ordered the exact same day in the Midwest with the same configuration as yours and have an EDD of 1/7 to 2/4. I believe they will start production of these white interiors soon and it will carry over into the new year.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I'm not trying to ignite a conspiracy but I am interested since there are some 160+ Plaids now sitting in inventory, many have my color scheme.

Of those who ordered long ago and still don't have a car or imminent EDD... how many purchased at what would be considered a low price?

I'll start in the interest of good faith. All-in, my car is $84,790.00

Last edited:
I'm not trying to ignite a conspiracy but I am interested since there are some 160+ Plaids now sitting in inventory that have my color scheme.

Of those who ordered long ago and still don't have a car or imminent EDD... how many purchased at what would be considered a low price?

Me. June 2021 order. 15th push to now Jan. Ordered at $79,900 base

I'm not trying to ignite a conspiracy but I am interested since there are some 160+ Plaids now sitting in inventory, many have my color scheme.

I ordered on 6/28 at the Base Price of $79,900 (my car is also at $84,790 with the paint and interior upgrades). My EDD is in Jan/Feb right now...

Sorry your build was lower quality, you made the right choice though. Unfortunately they’ll probably still sell the car tomorrow to the next smuck. Is your reservation still active for another car or was it canceled?

got another vin already and inspected the car today, very happy with new car, inspected it today, all looked good, although it is raining so i could have missed something but don't think so, fingers crossed. pick up scheduled for tuesday.

Last edited:
got another vin already and inspected the car today, very happy with new car, inspected it today, all looked good, although it is raining so i could have missed something but don't think so, fingers crossed. pick up scheduled for tuesday.
Well, back on the waiting list or off to a taycan. Went to see the car in the sun today, dirt in the paint on the drivers door, it’s small but I won’t accept it. It will create a bump when wrapped with ppf and drive me nuts.

Oh well, not sure what to do.

Really disappointed that it has to be like this, I kinda understood it when I bought my first S back in 2015, although that car was great gap and paint-wise. And, as Tesla grew I guess I excused stuff, but at this point in time and price point it’s really not acceptable.

I’m a huge Tesla fan and have referred more than I can count so surprised to be thinking like this but I just can’t believe how sloppy the cars have become.

I took a look at 6 other plaids today and only one was acceptable and that was relative to the others, but even the one had some panel gaps there were not great.

I’ll try again, but also thinking about putting a deposit down on a taycan gts that my local dealer has available but it’s not going to on the lot until April. I know the taycan is behind on tech, charge network limitations etc, but the bike quality is exceptional.

Am I crazy, overreacting out of frustration?? What should I do?

Pushed back to 1/7-2/4. Pissed, can't push my lease out anymore. Going to look at taycans this weekend
In same situation, but figure another 30 days isn't too bad. We are down one car too which is proving annoying at times but living with it. I'd buy a temporary used car but prices are so over-inflated right now and the sales tax, etc.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid