Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got pushed to Jan 6-18, narrowed a few days.
I just got into my EDD but have a big window (Feb 2). The so called algorithm is broken if it can’t figure out that there’s no car that can magically be built and appear in WA on the same day.

I just want this window to at least get a bit tighter…maybe something like Jan 8- Jan 20 since yours should come sooner than mine.

Here are the 3 from this morning which are no longer available:
1641409170457.png

And now it looks like there are another 2 new ones and the Rocklin one from before now showing as in transit. I think the first one matches our configs but is $10k more:
1641409222047.png

Last edited:
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That one in Sacramento is my build. Crazy
This just feels like a bunch were destined for people in CA with those orders (perhaps for Q4 delivery) but not paid for. I assume that once a car is assigned to a destination (immediately post build?), in transit, or arrives at that location, there's no option to move that car to another location.

I'm guessing this was for someone in Sacramento that refused delivery for some reason. Not saying it had problems, just that it was refused.

This just feels like a bunch were destined for people in CA with those orders (perhaps for Q4 delivery) but not paid for. I assume that once a car is assigned to a destination (immediately post build?), in transit, or arrives at that location, there's no option to move that car to another location.

I'm guessing this was for someone in Sacramento that refused delivery for some reason. Not saying it had problems, just that it was refused.
My thoughts too. They don’t know this, but I would have picked it up from there. Lol

At this point, Im not even that upset at the 1151 pushes outward. Im setting my expectations for mine for March..later part. Snow and ice chances are slimmer than now, higher chance of any potential matrix headlights and such may be added, etc. Right now Im driving an old beater that I got for a song off of CL just to drive until my LR came in. Would rather rack up the miles and salt and snow on that than a brand new S anyways

At this point, Im not even that upset at the 1151 pushes outward. Im setting my expectations for mine for March..later part. Snow and ice chances are slimmer than now, higher chance of any potential matrix headlights and such may be added, etc. Right now Im driving an old beater that I got for a song off of CL just to drive until my LR came in. Would rather rack up the miles and salt and snow on that than a brand new S anyways
I think you perfectly summed it up. and while i think most of us want the car ASAP, there are some pros to getting the car "just a tad" later (2 weeks?)
1) updated software/ota
2) improved FSD betas if that is your thing
3) potential for improvements like the head and tail lights. I think those are coming around march or april - yeah, i'd like them, but if i can get my car in 2 weeks, i'll drive it for 3 years without the updated lights; if i hear there are deliveries NOW with the updated lights and mine doesn't have, i'll find a way to reject and try to get the next one with the upgrades.
fwiw, I had a vin for a day or 2 december, and then it was snatched away i think December 17 and got a new one yesterday, so that's about 3 weeks, whcih encompassed x-mas, New Year's, and the attendant nonsensary a few days before and after each.

I think you perfectly summed it up. and while i think most of us want the car ASAP, there are some pros to getting the car "just a tad" later (2 weeks?)
1) updated software/ota
2) improved FSD betas if that is your thing
3) potential for improvements like the head and tail lights. I think those are coming around march or april - yeah, i'd like them, but if i can get my car in 2 weeks, i'll drive it for 3 years without the updated lights; if i hear there are deliveries NOW with the updated lights and mine doesn't have, i'll find a way to reject and try to get the next one with the upgrades.
fwiw, I had a vin for a day or 2 december, and then it was snatched away i think December 17 and got a new one yesterday, so that's about 3 weeks, whcih encompassed x-mas, New Year's, and the attendant nonsensary a few days before and after each.
To each their own, I would much rather prefer to drive my Model S this winter because Tesla's are amazing in the snow, warm up every morning automatically, and my current ICE that i am driving temporarily since i sold my model 3 just doesn't do those things. I will take my car asap, little salt wont hurt my baby,