Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021+ Model S Refresh - white interior thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That really makes no sense. The S and X's are built on a totally different line than the 3's and Y's.
Like everyone says, everything I've seen has indicated that Austin isn't going to be where they build S/X. So unless there's some resource sharing going on with supply or labor that has some extremely distant indirect connection to Fremont, I would say that the SA who said this has just as much credibility as all the other SA's that have told us that our cars were coming in 1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months, well definitely within 2021, actually January, or ... maybe February.

@2MuchLala You could try calling that SA back and ask how they came up with Austin being tied to S/X production.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
This is how I treat all information from SAs
EsTUFG-UYAUEqB2 (1).jpg

• Funny
this kind of stuff drives me crazy, stoked for you but infuriating I'm still getting pushed back.

My exact build also. And they listed this vehicle on their inventory. I called on it and it is gone.

The SA said that even if it is my exact match, if it is not at the location where I ordered it from that I would have to pay the price increase as I am a preprice increase order rn1151.

Honestly, what I was expecting. Every time I talk to them I expect some miracle but I am always gently disappointed.

He did tell me that I am currently in my EDD (Jan 7 to Feb 4) and should be expecting a VIN any day now. I did an internal sigh and thought about educating him that I was likely going to get pushed back but didn't want him to put any bad notes on my file 😃.

Screenshot_20220107-151516.png

My exact build also. And they listed this vehicle on their inventory. I called on it and it is gone.

The SA said that even if it is my exact match, if it is not at the location where I ordered it from that I would have to pay the price increase as I am a preprice increase order rn1151.

Honestly, what I was expecting. Every time I talk to them I expect some miracle but I am always gently disappointed.

He did tell me that I am currently in my EDD (Jan 7 to Feb 4) and should be expecting a VIN any day now. I did an internal sigh and thought about educating him that I was likely going to get pushed back but didn't want him to put any bad notes on my file 😃.

View attachment 753140
It's insanely frustrating they're prioritizing higher priced orders, like what do they have to gain now that the EoY is over. Just get us delivered and out of the way.

It's insanely frustrating they're prioritizing higher priced orders, like what do they have to gain now that the EoY is over. Just get us delivered and out of the way.
This is the third end of quarter that I’ve read this (very deserved) sentiment. I expect to see it again in April when my order has its first birthday. I think I’m going to rent a bounce house for the party.

LR MSM/White/21/FSD/RN1149 in South FL. Ordered in May then updated to white interior in mid-June.
Been stuck on "February" since 12/13, for a lark I called the number listed for the local sales room. While very pleasant, the person who answered wasn't useful (as expected). He said he sees the same thing I do but that based on my order date and config he feels I'll get a VIN before the month is over. Only thing of note he mentioned was that production did slow during the holidays and has now ramped up again.

Do we know if austin will produce S‘? I thought cybertrucks and maybe the semis
Well, the production capacity doesn't seem to be the problem with our orders. It's the priority.

Doesn't even matter if all factories were producing just S's if they aren't going to assign any of those to earlier orders. Case in point, there's the exact same config as mine that was just recently assigned to someone in CA who ordered well after me.

I think logistics (for both the input/parts and output/cars) may also play a role here.

If that pressure is released from Fremont (to some extent), we may all get our cars sooner. When final delivery is constraint due to whatever reasons, higher-priced orders getting prioritized does generate more revenue (other factors aside). But if delivery constraint is ever released, i.e. all produced cars can be shipped out fast and/or transportation is readily available to various corners with reasonable price, we may actually get our cars "in order".

So even if S/X is only produced in Fremont, its logistics pressure may vent a bit when some 3/Y capacity moves elsewhere. More trucks/trains will be able to transport parts in and S/X out. More cars will reach customers outside CA. And more happy customers. I'm sure there are way more factors than just production capacity and logistics. And I'm also NOT defending Tesla's current practices. Only trying to think if Austin could help at all.

Now, Tesla, can I get my S with new lights? Yeah?

Last edited:
Well, the production capacity doesn't seem to be the problem with our orders. It's the priority.

Doesn't even matter if all factories were producing just S's if they aren't going to assign any of those to earlier orders. Case in point, there's the exact same config as mine that was just recently assigned to someone in CA who ordered well after me.
I don't think they are screwing over older orders like ours on purpose, wonder if this was from a cancelled delivery in the area that it showed up.

I may be naive in thinking that Elon is not the type of guy to screw his early adopters like us; especially compared to other more corrupt CEOs like Mary Barra (GM), etc.

Do we know if austin will produce S‘? I thought cybertrucks and maybe the semis
Just for the record there are absolutely no plans that have been publicly talked about to produce S and X in Austin. If Tesla is ever to add production lines for S and X, it would be in Shanghai long before Austin. Austin is going to start with Y, ramp that, then ramp the CT. After that is ramped, Semi and Model 3 will follow. Then long term, I see the 25k car being made there as well, along with being produced at the eventual East coast factory. But absolutely no S or X. Makes zero sense. At least for now.
So @2MuchLala, I hate to say it but your SA was incorrect on this one.😃

Just for the record there are absolutely no plans that have been publicly talked about to produce S and X in Austin. If Tesla is ever to add production lines for S and X, it would be in Shanghai long before Austin. Austin is going to start with Y, ramp that, then ramp the CT. After that is ramped, Semi and Model 3 will follow. Then long term, I see the 25k car being made there as well, along with being produced at the eventual East coast factory. But absolutely no S or X. Makes zero sense. At least for now.
So @2MuchLala, I hate to say it but your SA was incorrect on this one.😃
The only SA that has been right is the one that says “I don’t know any more than you”.

Sure, they can keep saying that it’ll come soon or that you “might” get the car this month. If they get that right, it’s like hitting the lottery.

I doubt there’s been any SA that’s outright said that your May order is probably going to arrive in Feb. Now, that would be an SA to trust 😊

• Helpful
I don't think they are screwing over older orders like ours on purpose, wonder if this was from a cancelled delivery in the area that it showed up.

I may be naive in thinking that Elon is not the type of guy to screw his early adopters like us; especially compared to other more corrupt CEOs like Mary Barra (GM), etc.
I agree with you in that they aren’t intentionally trying to screw over older orders. My point is that they aren’t trying to go out if their way to make sure that older orders are prioritized. It’s nuanced, but there’s a big difference in the Customer experience piece.

I agree with you in that they aren’t intentionally trying to screw over older orders. My point is that they aren’t trying to go out if their way to make sure that older orders are prioritized. It’s nuanced, but there’s a big difference in the Customer experience piece.
I have always expressed this sentiment as well. But now I am so frustrated I am beginning to thing this could be true. I see people with June and July orders with the same configuration - a common one- getting cars all the while Tesla screws with me.