Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2021 Model X improved cabin noise?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think highway road noise/tire slap is quite pronounced on the contis, but wind noise on mine is basically nonexistent. It's very obvious when there's a road surface change. Maybe a byproduct of the slippery aero, don't know, but I really don't notice much of any wind noise on our 11/20 build 2021, just the tires. At low speeds.

It fades into the background but if you go from near-silent sub-30mph roads to the highway quickly, as I frequently do, it's a very obvious change.

Update! So I swapped out these Continental Sport tires for some Pirelli Scorpion A/S + with Tpsportline black rims and my impressions:
1) noise.. about the same. Noisy car, maybe 5% improved with the Pirelli
2) ride comfort.. absolutely better, no more continentals for me. My neck would be aching constantly.. yes I just got the new tires this am, but neck so far so good! Its not ad jarring or rough like the continentals
3) I think they are more efficient but need more time

Hope this helps someone.

• Informative
Reactions: henderrj
Update! So I swapped out these Continental Sport tires for some Pirelli Scorpion A/S + with Tpsportline black rims and my impressions:
1) noise.. about the same. Noisy car, maybe 5% improved with the Pirelli
2) ride comfort.. absolutely better, no more continentals for me. My neck would be aching constantly.. yes I just got the new tires this am, but neck so far so good! Its not ad jarring or rough like the continentals
3) I think they are more efficient but need more time

Hope this helps someone.

Ok even tho my new tires are much better, im not 100% sure, but Im pretty sure my wh/mi has increased signiicantly, over the past week Im hitting 410-430 I think that is new